• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yeah, his multitasking is godsend... watched a game vs P where he dropped, attacked third, dropped, attacked.

So good.

Dropping is something i never utilised enough in ZvP. I think i relied too much on mutas for harass. When i get back to playing some zerg i'll probably try and focus on drop play.

FoxSpirit

Just had a hilarious game:
ZvT on Shakuras, I play greedy and open 15hatch, he plays cheesy and opens Bunker rush. Fortunately for me he was gearing up for a Banshee followup so it was 1 rax and then factory which I scouted. In infinite wisdom my thoughts went into "shit, hellion opening", instantly dropping a roach warren.

Well, was a bunker rush but it's much nicer to fight that when you have roaches coming. Barely saved my expo, went for counter attack, denied his exe for a bit, then went fuck it, big roach from 2 base. Oh yeah, damn trust fund, double macro hatch plus third. Then came the banshees. 4 hatches making queens delay Banshees quite a bit, fortunately my Lair tech was up :p

Got 20 or so roaches, push, have fun in the Banshee-Queen war. gg.

That felt great when I won that :-D

Deadman

Homestory cup groups and map pool has been announced

ESL Metalopolis ESL GSL Terminus SE ESL Shakuras Plateau
ESL Shattered Temple ESL Taldarim Altar GSL Dual Sight
ESL Antiga Shipyard GSL Daybreak GSL Bel'Shir Beach

Group A
ThorZaIN
Socke
Nerchio
iNcontroL

Group B
MarineKing
HasuObs
viOLet
MoMaN

Group C
DIMAGA
KawaiiRice
Adelscott
ReaL

Group D
MC
ClouD
White-Ra
Aures

Group E
JYP
DarkHydra*
DarKFoRcE
BlinG

Group F
HerO
Naama
Attero
Haypr0

Group G
Stephano
Sound
Delphi/dark
NightEnD

Group H
Ret
Grubby
GoOdy
Destiny

Darkhydra replaces demuslim due to illness.

Ret will win this tournament.

Aside from Stephano, no foreigner has a chance. It will go to either MC, Hero or MarineKing.

As crazy as it may sound Home story cup was my favorite tournament of last year, the atmosphere in that apartment and the players commentary above all made it one of the best events.

I just really hope that unlike last time we don't get 30 PvPs in a row on the final day.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sliver, that is an awesome avatar. Such an improvement.

ksan

bonjovi fighting~~

worst case scenario he doesn't win and we get him as a caster

and I'm really dissapointed that ToD isn't in :( or Sase...

edit:
Naama and DeathAngel to Korea
Naama said:
I'm excited to go to South-Korea! I will never thank eSahara enough for giving me such an opportunity! My aim is to reach my highest level and to offer very good results, watch out Koreans, the "SCV Train" is coming!
x((

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played against some Terran. I was scouting his base and couldn't find shit but supply depots. I'm like ok, he's building them elsewhere obviously. I search both of his naturals, nothing. Then I go back into his main to see if maybe I missed it. A minute later he's got a bunch of marines at my front door fucking my shit up. I had like 1 marine up. Didn't help that I fucked up my build. :(

His barracks were on the side of my natural. Not used to sneaky shit from Terran.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just played against some Terran. I was scouting his base and couldn't find shit but supply depots. I'm like ok, he's building them elsewhere obviously. I search both of his naturals, nothing. Then I go back into his main to see if maybe I missed it. A minute later he's got a bunch of marines at my front door fucking my shit up. I had like 1 marine up. Didn't help that I fucked up my build. :(

His barracks were on the side of my natural. Not used to sneaky shit from Terran.
If you saw 1 gas or no gas and no rax in his main, you're 100% of the times gonna be encountering tons of marines in a matter of moments. At your league you can just bunker up (like 2 bunkers) and infinity repair them.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If you saw 1 gas or no gas and no rax in his main, you're 100% of the times gonna be encountering tons of marines in a matter of moments. At your league you can just bunker up (like 2 bunkers) and infinity repair them.

Damn I didn't even take notice if he had Gas or not. I was busy searching for barracks and being distracted by supply depots lol

Damn I didn't even take notice if he had Gas or not. I was busy searching for barracks and being distracted by supply depots lol

Me being new, everything is still new to me. So my friend and I have done like 20 2v2's and I'm learning a lot. At the start he goes: "supply depots only and barracks only" and he explained to me what we were going to do. They were zerg/toss. When the toss came in we each had 1 bunker up and 1 marine each and were able to kill it. By the time we had 6 marines each we both charged in and won, felt pretty cool.

Another pretty awesome match was when I got cannon rushed in a 3v3 at the start, I moved my entire base and buildings sans supply depots, etc to a location closer to my team and we still won the game.

Fuck, I love this game so much.

Jokab

No it starts in two days.

1.5.2012 Mainevent Group A-D 1:00 PM CET (Berlin time)
1.6.2012 Mainevent Group E-H 2:00 PM CET
1.07.2012 Mainevent Round of 16 - Semifinals 2.00 PM CET
1.08.2012 Mainevent Finals 2:00 PM CET

ultron87

Someone teach me how to make a good OT and I'll do it. I have the ponies ready.

marineking-sad.jpg

Yoshichan

Pancakes, PM ._.

WedgeX

Banned
NA here. What is a channel?

What goes on at GAF night?

A channel is an in-game chat room that lets you chat with other people. In the main screen at the bottom right you should find a chat bubble looking thing. Click on it. At the bottom, there will be a space to enter the name of a channel. In it, type "neogaf" (minus the apostrophes). There are typically a few of us sitting in the channel, either in between ladder games or waiting for others to join.

GAF Night is when all of us on the NA server get together, both on the NeoGAF chat channel, on the mumble server (info can be found in the OP) so we can actually talk with one another, and in game together, to play 1v1s, team games, custom games, coach each other, and make fun of jasonng. Be there tomorrow!

Someone teach me how to make a good OT and I'll do it. I have the ponies ready.

Imma cut you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fuck, White-Ra just announced on his stream that he won't go to HomeStory cup because of "personal problems."

:(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well he looks like a Colombian drug lord / child molester so I agree.

EDIT: To be fair, I look like I have taken to much of his drugs...

Can never unsee.

Yoshichan

Wow, GOOD JOB GUYS!

Top Bottom