• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone know a PCI-E card that is close to the GTX 275? I'll buy the 560ti if I really have to but I'd love to spend $50 less on a GPU.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

PGamer

fucking juniors
Oh so the 460 GTX right?

http://www.webhallen.com/hardvara/112701-gigabyte_geforce_gtx_460_1gb_oc-pci-e-2xdvi

I think I might go for this one if you confirm :)

edit: you know what, FUCK it. 560ti let's go! ASUS is fine, I hope?
Yeah, ASUS is good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455869

Just looking at Hazaro's guide right now and he seems to recommend the 550 Ti for the cheaper cards. Not sure what the difference between that and the 460 is if you decide to go that route but it might be worth looking at.

Yoshichan

Wow, I had no clue such a thread existed!

Thanks a bunch for the link ♥

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is there a counter to banelings besides awesome micro? I just played against a guy who stopped my 3 barracks push because of the banelings he made. He was actually looking to push me real early, I scouted a spawning pool pretty early and thwarted his initial push. Around 9 minutes or so I had stim and combat shield and a fairly large army. I was pretty confident pushing in. I destroyed his natural with ease and then those fuckin banelings came crawling in. I tried my best to split but I get wrecked.

Then I was basically sitting in my base for the rest of the match building a fuck ton of marines because he was using mutas to harrass. Turns out that's all he had mutas for. He never had a huge amount of them but instead decided to mass roaches. He made a huge push into my base and I said fuck it and pushed into his. He brought his roaches back and rolled in a bunch of banelings and that was that. :(

edit: The reason I didn't go banshees was because I thought he was going to get a ton of mutas. I thought I was going to get fucked by them.

Yoshichan

When you scouted the early pool and knew he was gonna attack, he didn't expand behind it? If he didn't then you should pretty much bunker up in your base and not let a single unit die from the first attack. As soon as his first attack fails (and you'll have lost zero units), you will be so far ahead that it's not even funny. CONSTANTLY be aware when when he's expanding. As soon as he expands, he'll most likely be droning up - that's the time for you to hit. Stim should definitely be ready by that point (no need to wait for combat shield).

I'd love a replay too.

edit: making two or three marauders from the tech lab rax wouldn't hurt either. Put them on one control group and stim move them to the banelings. The zerg will guaranteed have A moved and they will all detonate on the marauders.

Tashi

When you scouted the early pool and knew he was gonna attack, he didn't expand behind it? If he didn't then you should pretty much bunker up in your base and not let a single unit die from the first attack. As soon as his first attack fails (and you'll have lost zero units), you will be so far ahead that it's not even funny. CONSTANTLY be aware when when he's expanding. As soon as he expands, he'll most likely be droning up - that's the time for you to hit. Stim should definitely be ready by that point (no need to wait for combat shield).

I'd love a replay too.

edit: making two or three marauders from the tech lab rax wouldn't hurt either. Put them on one control group and stim move them to the banelings. The zerg will guaranteed have A moved and they will all detonate on the marauders.

I'm not sure when he expanded. His initial push was at my front door and I didn't take a single hit. I killed a few zerglings and he ran away. Then I built my army and when I got to his natural, it had a few drones, 3 spine crawlers( 2 were in the process of building) and a queen. I wrecked through that pretty well. Those fuckin banelings came rolling in and fucked my shit up big time.

Siege tanks destroy banelings good.

Oh yea? Damn, lately I haven't been using siege tanks that much. I usually go most bio. Gotta go back to siege tanks again.

I also built a pretty late factory though but had 2-2 upgrades for a decent part of the match.

edit: Whats the site where I can share replays? I forgot it

Yoshichan

I'm not sure when he expanded.
Keep a watch on the zerg and when he expands is the most important thing you can do in TvZ.

If you upload a replay, can I watch it with the EU client? Anyone know?

jasonng

I'm not sure when he expanded. His initial push was at my front door and I didn't take a single hit. I killed a few zerglings and he ran away. Then I built my army and when I got to his natural, it had a few drones, 3 spine crawlers( 2 were in the process of building) and a queen. I wrecked through that pretty well. Those fuckin banelings came rolling in and fucked my shit up big time.

Oh yea? Damn, lately I haven't been using siege tanks that much. I usually go most bio. Gotta go back to siege tanks again.

I also built a pretty late factory though but had 2-2 upgrades for a decent part of the match.

A general good army for TvZ is marine, tank, with a few medivacs. It's good practice for you to finally move beyond 3 rax.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

An ideal setup would be to have Marines/Tanks/Medivacs for that build. This counters zergs lings/banelings/mutas etc. Make sure to get marines upgrades because upgraded marines can destroy mutalisks. Once you get better skilled, you can manually use the siege tanks to target banelings and make them go boom!

jasonng

I just lost to 30 fuckin void rays. I hate losing to such dumb shit man. It's so annoying.
It happens and it's going to keep happening until you get out of the lower leagues. The good thing though is that when you get better and scout mass void rays, you'll be happy because it's a free win. Mass marines is a roflstomp counter to void rays.

Tashi

It happens and it's going to keep happening until you get out of the lower leagues. The good thing though is that when you get better and scout mass void rays, you'll be happy because it's a free win. Mass marines is a roflstomp counter to void rays.

Yea I wish all the money I spent on marauders and tanks went to marines. Ugh I had such a nice mix of an army but almost completely useless against void rays.

Yoshichan

Yea I wish all the money I spent on marauders and tanks went to marines. Ugh I had such a nice mix of an army but almost completely useless against void rays.
Again, it's all about the expansion timing. When did he expand? Did he even expand? If he never expanded then scouting him should be easy as shit (sweep the ramp and see how many units he has. If he's cannoned himself in or his army composition mainly has mineral-heavy units then most likely DT or Void Rays).

Tashi

Again, it's all about the expansion timing. When did he expand? Did he even expand? If he never expanded then scouting him should be easy as shit (sweep the ramp and see how many units he has. If he's cannoned himself in or his army composition mainly has mineral-heavy units then most likely DT or Void Rays).
Ughh he expanded so late and his ramp was filled with cannons. I did scout all that. I just didn't know what that meant until it was too late.

Yoshichan

Ughh he expanded so late and his ramp was filled with cannons. I did scout all that. I just didn't know what that meant until it was too late.
:( You'll love owning void ray scrubs when you get slightly better.

Tashi

Also, you can scan his base. Information on your opponent's motives is always more important than another mule.
That's how I saw he had a bunch of cannons at his door.

I also fucked up my build so bad. I was worried about a probe he had in my base. I was really afraid of sneaky shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah, ASUS is good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455869

Just looking at Hazaro's guide right now and he seems to recommend the 550 Ti for the cheaper cards. Not sure what the difference between that and the 460 is if you decide to go that route but it might be worth looking at.
550Ti is slower, but uses less power. No 460 production (I think) so prices are back up and nVidia has bad value at that price again. 6870 is the best around that price if it is equivalent to US.
Wow, I had no clue such a thread existed!

Thanks a bunch for the link ♥
Awful

Oh my god you aren't making tanks TvZ? Unless you have stupid good map sense and awareness and macro and splits this is a terrible idea.

I showed someone how to TvZ, I'll show you when I'm not feeling awful since we have like no Terrans left.

Also Protip: stim a marine forward when you are on creep, seriously, like do it all the time. Marines get FREE REIGN OF DEATH killing ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING if there isn't a hard counter. No banes means you get free base kills.
That's how I saw he had a bunch of cannons at his door.

I also fucked up my build so bad. I was worried about a probe he had in my base. I was really afraid of sneaky shit.
Warp gate isn't done until 4:50 at least, and cannons take forever to warp in.

Yoshichan

Bleeding left fist right now and I'm loving it. Never ever have I found something so satisfying before. Literally pounded the living shit out my GPU for a solid 6-7 seconds. Maybe that'll teach it.

Oooh, you have no clue what I'm doing with this GPU once I buy a new one tomorrow. And pictures will be involved.

WedgeX

Banned
Bleeding left fist right now and I'm loving it. Never ever have I found something so satisfying before. Literally pounded the living shit out my GPU for a solid 6-7 seconds. Maybe that'll teach it.

Oooh, you have no clue what I'm doing with this GPU once I buy a new one tomorrow. And pictures will be involved.

There are professionals that exist to help you with this. Seriously.

Yoshichan

There are professionals that exist to help you with this. Seriously.
Will these professionals lend me some money? I dunno if I'll be able to keep up with the rest of the month if I buy a new GPU tomorrow.

zlatko

Banned
VUCxF.jpg

^ Picture of Yoshi.

Q8D3vil

EVGA has lifetime warranty which is pretty nice. What's the difference with those and regular MSI and ASUS?

evga used to to be innovative with the vga cards like the good old evga 295 coop edition which was much better than the normal 295 in terms of temp.

but currently their cards are just .... basic. Asus direct cu II have one of the best cooling solution in vga cards and so is msi twin frozer.
even when evga release modified cards it takes so much time to release one while the others only take them 1-2 month's to release cards with amazing extra staff (better fans heat sinks).

my old pc had evga mobo and vga card because it was so good at the time, but when i built my new pc their parts were so shit compared to the competition.

Yoshichan

might want to file that under things to be thought before smashing a gpu.
There's just nothing more frustrating than having to pay for stuff that breaks (randomly), especially if it happens right after Christmas and you've already spent thousands on shit.

Yoshichan

#firstworldproblems
God, I can't stand people who say that.
I spend $10 on my holidays.
Bastion was good.
When I last time asked how Bastion was, I got no answer... I heard it was like 4 hours long? Can you somehow make it longer by doing side-quests or something?

Deadly

evga used to to be innovative with the vga cards like the good old evga 295 coop edition which was much better than the normal 295 in terms of temp.

but currently their cards are just .... basic. Asus direct cu II have one of the best cooling solution in vga cards and so is msi twin frozer.
even when evga release modified cards it takes so much time to release one while the others only take them 1-2 month's to release cards with amazing extra staff (better fans heat sinks).

my old pc had evga mobo and vga card because it was so good at the time, but when i built my new pc their parts were so shit compared to the competition.
I meant what's the difference between regular Asus and MSI with ASUS direct cu II and MSI twin frozer? Same thing with just added cooling? Or did they just add that on to everything?

Q8D3vil

I meant what's the difference between regular Asus and MSI with ASUS direct cu II and MSI twin frozer? Same thing with just added cooling? Or did they just add that on to everything?

asus direct cu II can accept more voltage than the normal gpu and have better cooling.

i have asus gtx 570 direct cu II and its huge ( takes 3 pci slots) but the temp is really low.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
God, I can't stand people who say that.

When I last time asked how Bastion was, I got no answer... I heard it was like 4 hours long? Can you somehow make it longer by doing side-quests or something?
howlongtobeat.com
First run I'd say would take you 7 hours if you do the challenges. I felt like I should and it was worth it imo. Then you can New Game+ and change your difficulty.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bastion has 2 endings btw, both of which you really switch experience.

Top Bottom