• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hmmm im just going to leave the stream running in the back ground... because i really appreciate what theyre doing.. but im so sleepy...

Deadman

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145494&currentpage=1968#39350

itmeJP United States. January 06 2012 21:05. Posts 945 Profile #
Some stuff that I can talk about:

1) Still no date for S3 yet. Sooner then later -- no one wants to get started more than I do

2) We will be moving the time / day of the to an earlier timeslot (to help gain a European audience and I hate being up at 3am editing / uploading). I'm making sure this does not coincide with any other shows and works with everyone schedule, AKA its fucking near impossible ^^

3) There were some conversations that were poorly followed up on by myself and tweeting-while-under-the-influence on New Years Eve -- no one should be leaving the show (sorry tt)

4) The first show of the year most likely will include a visit from the NYC office. What for? Use your imaginations
Last

So no one is leaving, false alarm :lol:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone who whines about how bad the game is or how shitty they are at it, need to take one look at this dude.

c1Nd2.jpg
Spoke to him a couple of minutes in Dreamhack and complimented him a lot. He's a very nice guy and deserves all respect he can get. I like how he has to compensate his absolutely abysmal micro (which obviously is understandable) with his amazing macro. I mean, I saw this guy get steamrolled with 30 marines against like 6 zerglings and 6 banelings because he obviously can't split his units efficiently. His worst match-up is definitely zerg and it has only got to do with banelings. Watching him elevator his marines and siegetanks up his opponents base in metalopolis was pretty though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What league is he placed in? I'm curious how far just great macro can take you.
High masters. He said that he pretty much headbutted his way through the ranks (he had played thousands of ladder games) because his TvZ was almost guaranteed a loss because of having to split his units.

edit: oh I have a video of my interview with him :D

ksan

High masters. He said that he pretty much headbutted his way through the ranks (he had played thousands of ladder games) because his TvZ was almost guaranteed a loss because of having to split his units.

edit: oh I have a video of my interview with him :D

pffft, he probably has higher apm than goody, should just go mech in tvz

We will be moving the time / day of the to an earlier timeslot (to help gain a European audience and I hate being up at 3am editing / uploading). I'm making sure this does not coincide with any other shows and works with everyone schedule, AKA its fucking near impossible ^^

That's nice to hear

Having a horrible time and delaying putting up the vods ever since mlg took over was annoying.

Yoshichan

Help. Did I plug my GPU correctly?

I have it on the PCI-E-socket and I've got 2 PCI-E-cables hooked to the side of the GPU.

And that's it. Did I miss something?

zlatko

Banned
So how'd uninstalling the game and completely shutting out the SC2 scene go Yoshi? I don't think you even made 24 hours.

Yoshichan

So how'd uninstalling the game and completely shutting out the SC2 scene go Yoshi? I don't think you even made 24 hours.
Did I even say I reinstalled the game? :/ But yeah...

qVmJO.jpg

Anyone wanna answer my GPU-question? Panda?

Yoshichan

Is GTX 275 worse than GTX 560? Does the GTX 560 have HDMI input?
I really can't see if it's HDMI left of the VGA?

Yoshichan

Yes it has hdmi. The 560ti doubles the performance of the 275.
Doubles? Seems a bit too much... is there an easy way to see if it'll work well with my PSU and motherboard?

edit: Also, I see that there are like three billion different types of 560ti... which one is the price-worthy one?

And wtf kind of GTX 275-version do I have? Does it really have FOUR gigs of VRAM?

EHSRG.jpg

edit 2: yeah I just checked it out... it's an EVGA GeForce GTX 275 (4gb?), is the 560ti still better?

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Why would panda help? Ask haz.
Panda helped me the most when I had PSU problems.

But right now I am desperate, I need someone to help me asap before I feel suicidal again. Computer problems = worst thing in this fucking world.

ksan

I don't even understand what problem you have.
But yes, from what you said you probably plugged it in correctly.

Yoshichan

I don't even understand what problem you have.
But yes, from what you said you probably plugged it in correctly.
By now I know I've plugged it in correctly. Here's my next (thousand) questions:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34050105&postcount=3924
just do what i do.
build new pc.
I'm not even gonna start complaining about money because I know what everyone will say. But yeah, we've just passed Christmas. I'm not really drowning in cash right now.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No that card doesn't have 4GB, it's an integrated card and is showing your total RAM.

ksan

By now I know I've plugged it in correctly. Here's my next (thousand) questions:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34050105&postcount=3924

I'm not even gonna start complaining about money because I know what everyone will say. But yeah, we've just passed Christmas. I'm not really drowning in cash right now.
Doubles? Seems a bit too much... is there an easy way to see if it'll work well with my PSU and motherboard?

edit: Also, I see that there are like three billion different types of 560ti... which one is the price-worthy one?

And wtf kind of GTX 275-version do I have? Does it really have FOUR gigs of VRAM?

EHSRG.jpg

edit 2: yeah I just checked it out... it's an EVGA GeForce GTX 275 (4gb?), is the 560ti still better?

Probably doubles. Probably works with your psu if your 275 works. PCI-E cards should work as your 275 works.

Most are price worthy I guess, just take from some known manufacturer at a good price (with enough VRAM)

I have no idea what 275 you have.

Yes, it's still better.

Still, you don't need a better gfx card, I could play SC2 perfectly fine on a 9600m GT, so unless you want imba gfx lolol, you should upgrade (might be cpu bottlenecked anyway)
No that card doesn't have 4GB, it's an integrated card and is showing your total RAM.

There aren't any integrated GTX 275 models afaik, but you're probably right that it shows the total amount of RAM available instead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Uh oh Yoshi...JYP is macking on MKP.
an42l.png

Yoshichan

Pancakes, this isn't the appropriate time to frustrate me...

Thank you ksan, what other Nvidia cards would you recommend that's slightly cheaper and works (PCI-E)? I honestly don't want to upgrade since I'm already happy with my computers performance... but I'm forced to, and I can't find anything that's close to the GTX275.

IF I bought the 560ti, would this one be okay?
http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=622733#extra

ksan

Pancakes, this isn't the appropriate time to frustrate me...

Thank you ksan, what other Nvidia cards would you recommend that's slightly cheaper and works (PCI-E)? I honestly don't want to upgrade since I'm already happy with my computers performance... but I'm forced to, and I can't find anything that's close to the GTX275.

IF I bought the 560ti, would this one be okay?
http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=622733#extra

I really can't give any other recommendation as I dislike ati/amd drivers a lot so I couldn't say anything about their cards.

As long as it's a 560ti it's probably good, unless someone else here says that's 1GB VRAM isn't enough (I'm not sure about that)

I always heard that EVGA was the best Nvidia manufacturer but I don't think it really matters that much at the end of the day which one you go for. The 560Ti is a good card.

I would advise asking Hazaro just to be extra sure.

Q8D3vil

I always heard that EVGA was the best Nvidia manufacturer but I don't think it really matters that much at the end of the day which one you go for. The 560Ti is a good card.

I would advise asking Hazaro just to be extra sure.

EVGA was the best like 3 years ago, MSI Twin Frozer and Asus Direct cu II are the best right now.

EVGA was the best like 3 years ago, MSI Twin Frozer and Asus Direct cu II are the best right now.

Well That explains why since I switched to ATI ~3 years ago and didn't keep up that much on what Nvidia (or the GPU market in general) was doing.

Nice to know though since I'm buying a new gpu in the next couple of months and I was thinking about going back to team green if they don't delay their 28nm high end cards much longer, and if the price is right of course.

Yoshichan

sigh. Can this day turn out any worse

Top Bottom