• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just tried a 1 barrack fast expand on ladder for the first time (I think :p) and it worked! Hell yea. That guy did some weird shit, I'm not sure he knew what he was doing. I spied 2 barracks early on and so I figured a 3 barracks push. After I expanded, I bunkered up. 4 of them. All full with some marines chilling around outside. He pushed in, got hit a little and then backed up. Turns out he had like 2 siege tanks as well. He slowly moved them up taking down each of my bunkers one by one. While this dance was going on I was building some siege tanks and medivacs of my own. With around 3 or 4 barracks, I was amassing a decent amount of marines. I decided to leave the bunkers and push straight in with like 20 marines and a medivac. It worked. I shit on his army and then proceeded to push into his main.

His main didn't have much of an army, which I expected and I destroyed the whole base with ease. I had SCV's sitting in his natural so I could know when he expanded but it turns out he expanded to another corner of the map. Before long I had another large group of marines and some medivacs and sent them to the bottom left corner of the map and sent my first group to the top left corner of the map. At the top left, I found his true natural. It was pretty stacked and I was able to break in and do some decent damage. From the back door however, came in about 7 or 8 Thors. They wrecked my army of course.

At the bottom left, my 2nd little army found a bunch of SCV's and the start of another Command Center. They were quickly obliterated and I sent them to the only Xel'Naga Tower in the middle of the map. I also sent over about 5 siege tanks. While my 2nd little army was on route to the tower they were clipped by the Thor army. I baited the Thors into the Tower where I had those siege tanks waiting and he pushed in blindly with this Thors and I wiped them all out basically losing no units.

"GG"

That was fun. But damn, it was intense trying to bunker up and make sure I was ready for his attack early on while I was trying to get my expansion up and running. I did get supply blocked a lot and that's probably because I was fighting a lot. Also, towards the end I had 1,000 minerals stocked up and realized that I should be building production building rather than just queuing up units in the ones already up. Maybe even take a 3rd. I did have some upgrades going too. I was at 1-1.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PAGING YOSHI: MarineKingPrime is about to cast.

Who will incite Yoshi's jealousy this time?
I'll catch up when I get my new computer parts. Not being able to watch streams sucks ass.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So what did you learn?
Absolutely nothing. Nothing I did to my computer made me rebuy parts. The problems showed up right as my PSU fried up.

zlatko

Banned
Absolutely nothing. Nothing I did to my computer made me rebuy parts. The problems showed up right as my PSU fried up.

I'm still tempted to have someone photoshop my avatar to make Nova's face a Yoshi head, and change Ryu's head at the bottom to be a PC/keyboard, just for you.

Yoshichan

I'm still tempted to have someone photoshop my avatar to make Nova's face a Yoshi head, and change Ryu's head at the bottom to be a PC/keyboard, just for you.
._. I've had enough photoshops for a year so please don't! Can you link me the full art btw? I got interested when I found out it's Nova in it.

edit: my fists didn't hurt yesterday when I actually hit the damn thing but today it's being a pain in the ass. Fucking hardware man, how do they work?

Fuck.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've just spent the last 15 hours downloading starcraft 2! since I formated my comp a month ago.

for the soul purpose of taking screen shots of zerglings attacking marines so i can put it as my fb timeline picture lol

Yoshichan

Why would you change your Facebook look? The new design is fucking abysmal and I usually like new design.

Yoshichan

I'm currently using my old 15" CRT... God, I miss this. So many advantages to this :(

Yoshichan

More surface areas to punch?
Holy shit, no break from you guys lately?

1. Perfect blacks
2. No need to load anything above 480p on Youtube
3. Everything all of a sudden feels more accurate

HolyCheck

ugh patch 2 of 22.

Why don't blizzard just make me download a client thats atleast half up to date?
Did they just make me download patch 1.0 ffs

8/22 travelling at 23kbps.

why is the blizzard patcher always so slow

ugh patch 2 of 22.

Why don't blizzard just make me download a client thats atleast half up to date?
Did they just make me download patch 1.0 ffs

8/22 travelling at 23kbps.

why is the blizzard patcher always so slow

I don't understand why they don't update the client either. Anyone?

Yoshichan

I remember when they killed the ability to watch beta replays I was mad. Lol
I think I have mines saved... I named it like "Trying to 6pool? I'll show you 6pool!" and it was of me playing PvT... how does that make sense? I have no fucking clue, maybe I thought the word "6pool" meant "cheese"?

HolyCheck

OIJVp.png

=D

Yoshichan

Wait, I can't find "Hardware Cursor" anywhere in the SC2 options... anyone?

Yoshichan

zlatko

Banned
Not necessarily a fan of Nova (haven't watched/read any of the stuff he's in) but I love Marvel overall and I'm a fan of the art direction! Thanks for the link :D

He's a cool dude. Saves the galaxy a lot. Has watched billions die and doesn't get caught up in petty bull shit like other super heroes do.

Cocky too. If you have UMvC3, you should make a team with him on it. :p I wikied some of his stuff to read up on him, but I picked him up just because he's so fun to use.

Check this out for inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQS7w0x4PAs

Yoshichan

Zlatko ♥ UMVC will be my next purchase.

Forget artosis's stream moletrap is streaming and casting his games.

Edit: For those of you wanting to make the jump from platinum to gold this is the stream for you.

Top Bottom