• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Chris R

I'm thinking of switching to Terran too, but I need to play some HOTS before I decide. For now though playing as Protoss and just working on keeping my APM up and my average unspent resources down while properly scouting and reacting is making me better in general.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No longer playing PoE? lol

It's pretty much all I play now, although I am getting back to SC2 soon
I had the first five days of PoE-launch to play before I had to gg out of the game (for x amount of months) unfortunately :( I was nowhere near "done" :lol

profit

You know I'm just joking man! I can be a rager myself, almost smashed my keyboard a few weeks ago.

Edit: lol

ndxH9Ev.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit... with the dream I had today, I decided to head back in time and go through some of the old SC2 |OTs|, more specifically the MKP-attending-to-Dreamhack-and-then-bailing-out-last-second-parts...

I thought I'd be able to look back and laugh at this... but really, it's only making me depressed...

Yoshichan

Damn your posts yoshi.

I had a dream that I was watching you have a dream. That's not creepy right ;_;
I find that mildly hot to be honest :3! Curiousity sneaks in... What was my dream about?!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
my protoss heart used to sink when it saw mutas. now in HOTS, it just curls up and dies.

zergs: hide your spire from toss' map hack hallucinations and you'll get a free win every time.

I'm still getting that "downloading data for an upcoming patch" thing in the launcher even after the new patch is finished. Hopefully once i finish that the lag and other problems will go away.

Chris R

I'm still getting that "downloading data for an upcoming patch" thing in the launcher even after the new patch is finished. Hopefully once i finish that the lag and other problems will go away.

The new patch is HOTS. Did you finish downloading all 13GB of the game or whatever?

Aylinato

Wednesday February 19, 2013. Starcraft 2 Night.

Games to be enjoyed:

Monobattles
Team Games

Maybe something else! Who knows?

9 PM EST

zargle

Games to be enjoyed:

Monobattles
Team Games

9 PM EST

Alright, this is the second time today I have seen someone claim that it is Wednesday Feb 19th. It is not. Today is Tuesday (EST), gosh dangit. If it wasnt, I would not be typing this in class.

Games to be enjoyed:

Monobattles
Team Games

9 PM EST

You mean the 20th. Dammit gave me a scare. I'm at work marking various files completed February 19th, 2013 - for a second I thought I'd have to redo them all lmao.

Crazyorloco

I didn't see this posted, but here are some (just the main changes, there are tons of little changes) of the changes to Wings of Liberty:

Wings of Liberty 2.0.4 includes:
- An all-new user interface with new menu screens.
- The launch of in-game Clans and Groups.
- New Replay features, such as Watch with Others and Take Command.
- A multitude of Editor improvements.
- New matchmaking options: Training Mode, Vs. AI Mode, and Unranked Play.
- Players Near You, so you can find other StarCraft II players on your local network.
- New customizable Observer UI."

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/8718598

I like that they're improving the social features (finally). Looks like a great update. My screenname is crazyorloco on it if anyone wants to add me. I like to chat on it. I'm not really good and my connection sucks, I play against the computer A.I. almost daily. I use to do this on the original starcraft too. I'll be moving to HOTS soon...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Took long enough. New stuff looks pretty interesting, I might start watching GOM again if the balance isn't retarded again.

Aylinato

I created the group called NeoGAF, also created a clan called GAF(which is awesome for a tag).

So if you see me on and cannot find them on your own, PM me and I'll add you ASAP

Yoshichan

Let me get this straight. Once I download this WoL patch, I'll be able to do global play right? Can someone also confirm that the experience bar is locked, please!
Once Im done with Wind Waker I might go back to a FF game.
That would be awesome!

Striek

This patch is awful. The UI is jank, stuff like idle scvs is in a much harder to see position, I can't click on any enemy/neutral buildings/units, the game feels more sluggish etc. etc.

profit

This patch is awful. The UI is jank, stuff like idle scvs is in a much harder to see position, I can't click on any enemy/neutral buildings/units, the game feels more sluggish etc. etc.

Hm I dunno, I like the new UI. Idle workers is just something you need to get used to. And clicking on an enemy unit/building is something you need to enable in the options, its stupid they they standard disabled it though.

smr00

Banned
My only complaint is that i can't click on building/units that aren't mine but i love the UI. I don't know how well the UI plays on a small monitor but i am playing on my 55" and it looks gorgeous on a big TV.

Just out of curiosity, what dumb stuff are you referring to?

It's more the continuation of a lot of things that plagued WoL through out its life, biggest one being that it's still for the most part death ball vs death ball late games that got boring pretty fast.

I should qualify that while I watched a very limited amount of WoL this past few months I've even watched less HoTS, so I'm waiting for the coming MLG or IEM (whichever comes first) to give the game a fair shake.

profit

Was going to take a screenshot but the client on my pc still needs the optimization, so I stole this from someone on reddit:

It's more the continuation of a lot of things that plagued WoL through out its life, biggest one being that it's still for the most part death ball vs death ball late games that got boring pretty fast.

I should qualify that while I watched a very limited amount of WoL this past few months I've even watched less HoTS, so I'm waiting for the coming MLG or IEM (whichever comes first) to give the game a fair shake.
Well from what I've seen from the pre season of GSTL, a lot of plays are forcing moving around with smaller armies all over the map. The new harass units make it so its always a risk moving around with your entire army.
IMO, its looking pretty great and I've enjoyed watching the koreans playing around in HoTS.

Edit: Just created the NeoGAF clan on EU so everyone on that server hit me up so I can invite you!

Aylinato

Was going to take a screenshot but the client on my pc still needs the optimization, so I stole this from someone on reddit:

Well from what I've seen from the pre season of GSTL, a lot of plays are forcing moving around with smaller armies all over the map. The new harass units make it so its always a risk moving around with your entire army.
IMO, its looking pretty great and I've enjoyed watching the koreans playing around in HoTS.

Edit: Just created the NeoGAF clan on EU so everyone on that server hit me up so I can invite you!

I don't even know why it's an option that you cannot select them! lol =(

profit

I don't even know why it's an option that you cannot select them! lol =(

Yeah its a stupid thing.

Unranked is my favourite new feature, it's great to get a few games in when its possible you can get interupted by stuff or have to go somewhere soon. Also great to test some new strats against human opponents!

Aylinato

Yeah its a stupid thing.

Unranked is my favourite new feature, it's great to get a few games in when its possible you can get interupted by stuff or have to go somewhere soon. Also great to test some new strats against human opponents!

I love the automatic mining. 6 pool even better now >=D

Top Bottom