• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

profit

Perhaps it's just me, but a bit of context would be appreciated. Who is this, why is it funny, what is going on?
Dragon, best known for trolling the lower leagues.
I think the story is that the chat made him buy a bikini (involving a bet?) and today was the day it arriver and he had to wear it.
His chat is also saying that he is gay everytime, which he denies in his broken english.

The AI features are great now and will help new players that want to try multiplayer, there's now a step-by step progression system that will ease the jump to laddering and make it far less daunting. That and Unranked. Shame it's probably a year too late :/

Deadly

Dragon, best known for trolling the lower leagues.
I think the story is that the chat made him buy a bikini (involving a bet?) and today was the day it arriver and he had to wear it.
His chat is also saying that he is gay everytime, which he denies in his broken english.
He beat MaximusBlack with no keyboard and got 5k+ viewers and that was the reward. I can't believe he actually wore it, I sure hope the money he gets is good :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He beat MaximusBlack with no keyboard and got 5k+ viewers and that was the reward. I can't believe he actually wore it, I sure hope the money he gets is good :lol
Wait, did this happen today? Is this saved somewhere?

edit: Also, in this picture

ecKOm9r.jpg

He's getting experience (and I take it this is WoL)... I thought it was locked ._.?

Crazyorloco

Yeah its a stupid thing.

Unranked is my favourite new feature, it's great to get a few games in when its possible you can get interupted by stuff or have to go somewhere soon. Also great to test some new strats against human opponents!
Mine too. I feel a lot less pressure. I'll play more human players now. The only thing that is bugging me about the new update is the hotkeys overlays. I want to remove that. And the game is running a little choppier (I just have to adjust my settings though)...love the new user interface and social features.

Aylinato

Mine too. I feel a lot less pressure. I'll play more human players now. The only thing that is bugging me about the new update is the hotkeys overlays. I want to remove that. And the game is running a little choppier (I just have to adjust my settings though)...love the new user interface and social features.

Hot keys keep getting unbound everytime I log in. Something keeps unbinding 1 at a time. So annoying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
corran is an avatargenius... Love all his work!

antitrop

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7348896/

Vengeance is coming.

With StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm arriving on March 12, we’ve been itching to show you a new trailer called "Vengeance”, and we’re planning to reveal it to the world in a special online event on TwitchTV.
Here are some more details:
Blizzard developers will be on hand to talk about Heart of the Swarm and the making of "Vengeance".
An exclusive Heart of the Swarm eSports showmatch will be casted by commentators John "TotalBiscuit" Bain and Shaun "dApollo" Clark.
The world premiere of the "Vengeance" trailer for Heart of the Swarm.
Viewers can participate in the discussion segment by posting Twitter questions using the hashtag #Vengeance. Tune in to join the discussion and be among the first to see the new trailer at twitch.tv/starcraft at 21:00 CET on Tuesday, February 26.

Yoshichan

TB and dApollo... geez.

antitrop

Ol' David Kim got some shit to say about balance again.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7923874068

dayvie said:
Now that the highest skilled pro players have been playing the beta for a few weeks, we've been gathering pro level ladder data, pro feedback, as well as watching all the HotS tournaments/show matches that have been going on.

Out of everything we're seeing and hearing from pro players, we think the most important issue we need to deal with rather quickly is early game ZvT.

The biggest issue in the ZvT early game at the highest pro level seems to be the mass Hellion contain leading into the various potential mass Hellbat combinations right when the Armory comes into play. The time between Terran gaining full map control and then converting all their map control units into straight up power units looks to be too narrow.

Even without this threat, Terran has plenty of early game strategies to utilize vs. Zerg. We're most likely going to add the Hellion to Hellbat transformation upgrade back to the Factory Tech lab with an Armory requirement. This will give Zerg more time to scout and prep against possible Hellbat based attacks when they see lots of Hellions in play.

Yoshichan

Okay so what change did Blizzard do in order to make Hellbats really powerful? When I was playing HotS during the super early periods, they were pretty lack-luster. Anyone know the exact "buffs" they got?

Yoshichan

For shame SC2GAF... for shame.

Top Bottom