• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Sliver

Let's not forget the DRG/Genius bromance and it's eventual dissolution.

fDdR8.gif

Yea I wonder where Genius and Violet will land. I bet EG is slapping themselves for picking up JYP so fast lol, could have waited for Genius

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DRG isn't really cute though :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who is Torch/Flame?

Yoshichan

That's just straight up trolling fanboi, and you know that...

Yoshichan

Finally, I'm home :D!

Yoshi...

He was in GSL season 1, the great foreigner hope that wasn't Artosis and IdrA.
I started watching GSL in season 2... the only season worth watching in fact ._.

Wooo, it's that time again! Awards for the |OT4|~

Biggest disappointment: Not nearly enough ponies
Most rage-inducing thing: The terran hate near the end
Best supporter: Corran
gg: gg <- click that
For a new guy, you're pretty cool: EscapingJail
Why-are-you-banned-again?!: Haunted
The gif-master: Derp :lol
I still believe in you: Tashi
Sexiest, best looking and hottest: An archon, combined with Hazaro and Corran
Cutest couple: Holden and Panda
God-tier: zlatko

WINNER OF |OT4|: Corran Horn! Combine his current hot avatar (NaDa RIP) with the constant 24/7 support he's given me throughout the year and bam, we've got a winner!

And I'm off! See you all next |OT| (be it |OT6| ot HotS |OT|!)~

rJeXK.gif

Yoshichan

Oh, and here are the previous |OTx|-awards!

CUOtA.png

Yoshichan

Tasteless in orange hair...? Or what exactly am I seeing in that picture ._.?

Love your setup btw. It may be cluttery but it looks cozy!

Hey SC2Gaf! Thought I would introduce myself as I am finally back to some reasonable working hours and finally able to ladder without falling asleep again!(3 months of 12 hour days, SC2 was almost non existent ><) Also want to be as active as I can in this thread to keep myself up to date and interested in all things SC2 :D

Anyways, names Stephen. Play games under the name Drewz. Living in Australia I play on the SEA server and also NA. Was high gold on both regions before the break and am now sitting low gold. Still in the process of seeing whats changed. Also since returning I am struggling to choose between Protoss and Terran(I have always been Protoss).

Any1 that thinks they could be a good prac partner feel free to PM me. Just note: being in Australia meeting up on the NA server at reasonable times wouldn't happen too often except for weekends.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did watching my stream help you become the best player?

I somewhat learned a few things. Like, be on the map more than in my base. But you've been telling me that for months now lol

edit: Sharing setups?

cEiVA.jpg

PC monitor on the left, Xbox 360 monitor on the right. They are connected with a Black Magic Intensity Pro. Use my Sennheiser PC350's for PC and Xbox. No switching necessary, everything works through that little guy in the middle. The Astro Mixamp. Love my setup, it's just about exactly what I wanted. No pictured are Company of Thieves posters and signatures :p

zlatko

Banned
Finally, I'm home :D!

I started watching GSL in season 2... the only season worth watching in fact ._.

Wooo, it's that time again! Awards for the |OT4|~

Biggest disappointment: Not nearly enough ponies
Most rage-inducing thing: The terran hate near the end
Best supporter: Corran
gg: gg <- click that
For a new guy, you're pretty cool: EscapingJail
Why-are-you-banned-again?!: Haunted
The gif-master: Derp :lol
I still believe in you: Tashi
Sexiest, best looking and hottest: An archon, combined with Hazaro and Corran
Cutest couple: Holden and Panda
God-tier: zlatko

WINNER OF |OT4|: Corran Horn! Combine his current hot avatar (NaDa RIP) with the constant 24/7 support he's given me throughout the year and bam, we've got a winner!

And I'm off! See you all next |OT| (be it |OT6| ot HotS |OT|!)~

rJeXK.gif

Undercore GAF know's what's up! :D

Tashi

You still believe in me!?

*loads up SC2*

edit: Hey wtf is there maintenance going on right now? I can't get passed the sign in screen.

Tashi

Oh really Panda? I didn't know that. When does this shit end, I wanna get a few games in before I have to go into work...BTW, that's a sick keyboard.

Tashi

i've been on battle.net for a while now, NA.

Ugh, I still can't get in. I understand if matchmaking servers need work and those are shut down but I can't even get into the game and practice alone or whatever. So dumb.

Tashi

Finally got in, played a few games. Made it to top 20 silver but just lost a match to a Protoss who did a blink stalker rush. It was one of those "oh shit" moments when I put it all together. He came in and stole both of my gases. Whatever, didn't need them right away anyway. Did my 1 rax FE. Scouted 2 warp gates and I think a cybernetics core in his base. Figured he was going to do some sort of timing attack so I bunkered up and added 3 more barracks. He pushed with like 3 stalkers to my front door and my bunker scared them away. I collected about 8-10 marines and pushed out right away. On my way there I went through the Xel'Naga tower and those first stalkers he pushed with sitting at the side of my base. I just kept rushing into this base and met some stalkers. He pushed those that were sitting at my base back to his when I saw that he had blink. He beat those marines in his base. I took 3 marines from home and scouted along side the outside of my base looking for pylons when I found a few stalkers waiting there. I pulled all my marines from my natural and pushed them to my main and then I saw an Obs and knew the blink was about to happen. Pulled my SCV's out but then I realized I would probably need them lol.

The ending is just a long drawn out mess of me not wanting to gg out.

That was my first time being blink stalker rushed. How do I scout for shit like that? Where do they research blink?

http://shoryuken.com/2012/07/03/rts-x-fighters-check-out-the-ultimate-starcraft-ii-arcade-stick/

render1-600x284.jpg

VlZTMh.jpg

Custom built arcades sticks are a particularly unique aspect of the fighting game scene. To celebrate these incredible creations, SRK commissioned a cross-over contest: design and build the ultimate Starcraft II arcade stick. The task was to take all the craftsmanship and flair that goes into a handmade fightstick, but translate it to a different game genre.

Build pics: http://imgur.com/a/Tnq1F

Keikaku

Finally got in, played a few games. Made it to top 20 silver but just lost a match to a Protoss who did a blink stalker rush. It was one of those "oh shit" moments when I put it all together. He came in and stole both of my gases. Whatever, didn't need them right away anyway. Did my 1 rax FE. Scouted 2 warp gates and I think a cybernetics core in his base. Figured he was going to do some sort of timing attack so I bunkered up and added 3 more barracks. He pushed with like 3 stalkers to my front door and my bunker scared them away. I collected about 8-10 marines and pushed out right away. On my way there I went through the Xel'Naga tower and those first stalkers he pushed with sitting at the side of my base. I just kept rushing into this base and met some stalkers. He pushed those that were sitting at my base back to his when I saw that he had blink. He beat those marines in his base. I took 3 marines from home and scouted along side the outside of my base looking for pylons when I found a few stalkers waiting there. I pulled all my marines from my natural and pushed them to my main and then I saw an Obs and knew the blink was about to happen. Pulled my SCV's out but then I realized I would probably need them lol.

The ending is just a long drawn out mess of me not wanting to gg out.

That was my first time being blink stalker rushed. How do I scout for shit like that? Where do they research blink?
Blink is researched from a building called the Twilight Council. It looks like this:
H3RNT.jpg

You can also research the Charge upgrade for Zealots here (that's the one that makes them move faster as well as giving them a Charge animation). It is also the prerequisite tech building for the following:
  • Dark Shrine - Dark Templars
  • Templar Archives - High Templars
  • Any upgrade higher than level 1 from a Protoss Forge

If they take both your gases, you can safely bet that he's trying to tech in some way. Everything that Terran has that isn't a SCV or a Marine requires gas, even Hellions require 100 Gas for the initial Factory.

Scan his base at 5 mins (you should probably do this for every race, to be safe) and that, combined with your initial scout should give you the info you need. There are a couple of other, slightly more subtle clues you can look at too.

Mairu

Idk about all this. The mouse portion doesn't seem well done enough for precision.

shoryuken.com said:
Is this controller as effective as a good mechanical keyboard and mouse? Hell no, but that wasn’t the point!
They don't expect it to become an actual competitor to real input devices. It was just for fun

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That is a nice poster.

My desk is pretty messy and probably won't be cleaned for months, so no photos :p

Top Bottom