• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
2012-07-03%252015.16.48.jpg

Best Desk!

hoverX

Moving this over from the other thread. I'm an idiot and didn't realize there was a new one.

I first posted:

Ok, noob question here. I'm trying to learn to do a 4-gate but I'm having a hard time. I can never pull it of fast enough. my opponent has built up a slightly better army that quickly beats my 2 zealots and 2 stalkers.

Any tips? This is the first time i've actually tried learning a build order. Do I have to pull it off exactly as specified or can I vary a bit and still do ok? Should I be focusing on speed or accuracy of my order? (sometimes i'll build an extra probe where I shouldn't etc)

Then:
1. We are using a new thread now. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480999

2. Speed matters alot. If your not done by 6mins or less then you fail. Dont make more probes unless you want 2 gas...then meh

3. Luck

4. Why you 4 gating brah?

edit:
I'm 4 gating because It seems like it's a popular build. So I figured i'd learn it first. What should I be learning?

Holden

@hoverX

(Protoss vs Protoss)
9 Pylon
12 Gateway + Probe sent to scout
14 Assimilator
16 Pylon
17 Cybernetics Core
18 Zealot
21 Stalker
23 Warpgate research
24 Gateways x3 (4 total)
24 Stalker
26 Proxy Pylon

Just practice in a custom game alone/vs computer

Warpgate done at 5:45 is the perfect timeing

Perfecting this build order will get you to master in pvp lol; sad game

Snowman

Just watched the Real Talk with Destiny, he didn't say anything for reddit/TL to get worked up about.. What're they gonna do for this week's drama now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need an incentive to play more...

How about this, if I don't make gold by July 17th (2 weeks) I'll give a random person 10$ through paypal. No bullshit. Let's do this.

Snowman

I need an incentive to play more...

How about this, if I don't make gold by July 17th (2 weeks) I'll give a random person 10$ through paypal. No bullshit. Let's do this.

I would like to be put into the list of people to be randomly picked from ;)

Tashi

Tashi vs SC2GAF (someone make a sexy banner)

Quote this and add yourself to the list if you want to be in the random drawing to make 10 bucks in 2 weeks.

Rules:
1. If you are chosen, to receive the 10$, Tashi must not have achieved Gold level at any point before July 18th.
2. Tashi may receive any help from NeoGAF or other sources (he's not paying for coaching, don't worry)
3. Drawing will be done at random
4. You must be able to accept Paypal payments
5. Others are allowed to make bets
6. As of July 3rd, Tashi is top 25 in silver league and plays only as Terran.

List of those who want the chance to get 10$

1. Snowman
2. Corran
3. Hazaro

Quote and add yourself to the list. This is gonna be fun!

Tashi vs SC2GAF (someone make a sexy banner)

Quote this and add yourself to the list if you want to be in the random drawing to make 10 bucks in 2 weeks.

Rules:
1. If you are chosen, to receive the 10$, Tashi must not have achieved Gold level at any point before July 18th.
2. Tashi may receive any help from NeoGAF or other sources (he's not paying for coaching, don't worry)
3. Drawing will be done at random
4. You must be able to accept Paypal payments
5. Others are allowed to make bets
6. As of July 3rd, Tashi is top 25 in silver league and plays only as Terran.

List of those who want the chance to get 10$

1. Snowman
2. Corran
3. Hazaro

Quote and add yourself to the list. This is gonna be fun!

As someone who is in a similar spot and a new member to this group really trying to get back into it after a long hiatus due to work(low gold toss here) I shall offer a counter incentive. 10$ to you from me if you make it, cause I can.

/random fun

Feel free to pm me your char code etc.

Tashi

As someone who is in a similar spot and a new member to this group really trying to get back into it after a long hiatus due to work(low gold toss here) I shall offer a counter incentive. 10$ to you from me if you make it, cause I can.

/random fun

Feel free to pm me your char code etc.

Whoa very cool.

I'm Tashi 650

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just watched the Real Talk with Destiny, he didn't say anything for reddit/TL to get worked up about.. What're they gonna do for this week's drama now?

I just watched. JP is pretty bad at asking follow up questions to things Destiny said.

I just watched. JP is pretty bad at asking follow up questions to things Destiny said.
Really need to catch up on these. Wonder if there available as a podcast on iTunes like SOTG.

Anyone picking up one of the team liquid hoodies? God I want one but I have enough sc2 hoodies.

I want 10 lol

But yeah seriously best way to play is to consciously set some time aside for playing 1v1

If you do that it becomes easier to grind more games. Or just start streaming lol the pressure of people watching will make you ladder more too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He's usually pretty good in these real talks too :/

I thought he's been pretty bad in all of them from what I've seen, he basically just asks a list of questions and does little to get more information.

fanboi

Banned
GWtgb.png

Sick burn Yoshi... SICK.

Translation:

Yoshi:
BBQ PARTY IN EKEBY ALMBY, MIDDLE OF THE FOREST. BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS AND WE ARE OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

PS: There will be alot of Starcraft talk so bring your braincells!~

Girl: *PS:´There will be alot of Starcraft talk so bring your virginity!~

FTFY

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YAY! Finally got these :3

kNwdW.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GWtgb.png

Sick burn Yoshi... SICK.

Translation:

Yoshi:
BBQ PARTY IN EKEBY ALMBY, MIDDLE OF THE FOREST. BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS AND WE ARE OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

PS: There will be alot of Starcraft talk so bring your braincells!~

Girl: *PS:´There will be alot of Starcraft talk so bring your virginity!~

FTFY
Hahahahaha, Maya is btw the girl who loves Brood War and is teaching me how to say random crap in Korean :p

Tashi

I want 10 lol

But yeah seriously best way to play is to consciously set some time aside for playing 1v1

If you do that it becomes easier to grind more games. Or just start streaming lol the pressure of people watching will make you ladder more too.

K gonna add you to the list

Yoshichan

My girlfriend does beat you in the Yoshi department then. Shes had those for almost two years.

You're living a lie!
Well... uh... I mean...

FUCK.

edit: I still have a Yoshi costume and lots, lots, lots of other Yoshi-related stuff though!!!

Top Bottom