• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
If MLG wasnt enough this weekend...lulz. SC2 WCS Korean Qualifiers too! Kespa and GSL pros all battle it out.

59581.png

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=223286&cid=0&kind=8

Broadcast:
- The event will be covered as part of the “Ready Action!” program
- Global broadcasts will be available via GOMTV.net
- Yearly ticket and monthly subscription ticket holders will have access to our HQ and SQ premium stream
- Free SQ stream will be available for all users

- HQ VODs will be uploaded to GOMTV's official YouTube Channel

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn.

How I wish for a reality where idra and jinro is the top foreigners.

Not some, douchy half assed Swede and some cheese eating french.
:_: That's pretty harsh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grubby is such a cute, intellectual protoss ♥ :3

Yoshichan

Wait, did I just find another protoss player Yoshi actually likes? :eek:
Yoshi likes cute players no matter their race! However I do not necessarily think that they are good players because of this :3

at this point his career basically hinges on it.

I don't disagree, but if he were actually good at something related to SC2, those character traits would make him a terrible person to represent foreigners. Him and Naniwa are interchangeable to me in terms of how they make foreigners look.

Holden

I don't disagree, but if he were actually good at something related to SC2, those character traits would make him a terrible person to represent foreigners. Him and Naniwa are interchangeable to me in terms of how they make foreigners look.

puma said koreans are the same but just dont show it publicly. Unlike idra.

at this point his career basically hinges on it.

Pretty much. He's somewhat of a joke character now, and that personality of being the "bad boy" is more important than his skill at the game.

And he really has no excuse either, with zerg doing well against toss and terran right now. Hell, zerg has been doing well against toss for months...

zargle

Haha, but I thought last time people moaned about the MLG arena thread :p I figure as it's just SC there we might as well just have discussion for it here.

The difference might be that the last arenas were PPV and since not a lot of people were paying or viewing a thread was superfluous. Since this is open, a designated thread might be apropos? Or maybe a thread for all the SC2 events this weekend, since there is also the Korean WCS?

Corran Horn

Well that was lulz worthy. I just spent like an hour streaming some tony hawk 2 and then realized when watching the vod that I had it muted besides my mic. LULZ :p

Corran Horn

Stephano seems fine on Mil. Plus I doubt he'll sign another contract considering he won't be playing anymore in a year and a half right?

? Dude has constantly said he wants to make as much money as possible. Those EG rumors with Huk being like 6 digit salary...I imagine Mil probably pays him no where near that. EG would send him to any tournament he wants and contracts seem to only last about a year right now.

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce this next week
ya. It took them a long time to get that monsters sponsor though :p

Hey guys I decided randomly to go through a few of my older replays on an older harddrive, and I found a replay labeled

"First game ever on SC2 Retail"
date modified at 7/27/2010 2:19am

So it was played a few hours after release!

I decided to upload it for you guys so you can laugh and giggle. The biggest thing for me is seeing how much the UI has improved since then. There used to be no progress bars in the production tab 0.0

http://drop.sc/225694

Enjoy!

Holden

Hey guys I decided randomly to go through a few of my older replays on an older harddrive, and I found a replay labeled

"First game ever on SC2 Retail"
date modified at 7/27/2010 2:19am

So it was played a few hours after release!

I decided to upload it for you guys so you can laugh and giggle. The biggest thing for me is seeing how much the UI has improved since then. There used to be no progress bars in the production tab 0.0

http://drop.sc/225694

Enjoy!

hey you didn't answer about the 3 base build vs zerg!

unless i missed it.

hey you didn't answer about the 3 base build vs zerg!

unless i missed it.

Oh sorry about that here is a rep of the build of me vs a top 8 masters Zerg practice partner from last night.

http://drop.sc/225663

It opens up with FFE into 2 probes on each gas into a +1 4 gate timing followed up by DT and a 3rd while all this is going on.

Once all the DT's are on the map to buy you time you start +2, blink, and robo at the same time while defending your 3rd. The +1 4 gate timing and the DT's are buying you time for all this.

Obviously remember to constantly make probes and after you start the dark shrine make sure you have 3 on each gas.

Vaporak

Oh sorry about that here is a rep of the build of me vs a top 8 masters Zerg practice partner from last night.

http://drop.sc/225663

It opens up with FFE into 2 probes on each gas into a +1 4 gate timing followed up by DT and a 3rd while all this is going on.

Once all the DT's are on the map to buy you time you start +2, blink, and robo at the same time while defending your 3rd. The +1 4 gate timing and the DT's are buying you time for all this.

Obviously remember to constantly make probes and after you start the dark shrine make sure you have 3 on each gas.

Slayers Brown is doing something like this as we speak.
edit: 4 gate +1 timing plus DT's, into blink but didn't take the third.

Top Bottom