• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Vaporak

Wow, did not think it was that many. Thanks.

Definitely worth going up to Double reactor Starports if the guy busts out the colossi huh?

Definitely. As a Terran it's important to remember that your basic units kick the crap out of Protoss basic units once you get Stim out. It's the Protoss's high tech power units that you have to watch out for and react to. If you crush the collosai in a zealot/stalker/sentry/collosai army, the rest will be easy pickings.

Holden

thing is at some point you dont wanna follow the 1:4 1:5 ratio cause you will end up 2 shotting the collosus and you will need to actually micro so you get the full damage.

So you want 15ish max if he has more then 3-4 collosus. And try to target fire them even before the fight start, 9 range air units hurt.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Awesome!

Also, someone gave me the advice of countering High Templars storms with lots of medivacs. It fucking worked when I tried. I was in shock because I get destroyed by storms

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
? what is it, i've been doing one where you get a quite safe 3rd at 6-7 minutes. Its really good but you need scout properly for allins, its really good for ladder, panda has been doing some ling/muta allin, but everytime he does it i fuck up really hard so im sure i could defend it with it.

'ling/muta allin'

yeah man, that 5 base allin, pretty hard to stop.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
making 2 extra base when you start the allin, doesn't make it safe lol;

what could you possibly do to threaten me? you're locked into robo with your fast third, nothing you can do threatens muta/ling without YOU playing horribly unsafe first.

----

fuck this error
fef0t.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Viking/Colossus ratio? x:1

You can never have enough vikings. 200/200 vikings ftw

clav

what could you possibly do to threaten me? you're locked into robo with your fast third, nothing you can do threatens muta/ling without YOU playing horribly unsafe first.

----

fuck this error
fef0t.png

Sometimes this happens if your overclock is not stable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn, that's a lot. Nice stuff from both players.

Deadman

Has everyone seen the new format for the mlg arena tomorrow? It's pretty funny how hard they are trying to work around the fact that extended series fucks up the tournament, but still wont remove extended series.

Vaporak

Has everyone seen the new format for the mlg arena tomorrow? It's pretty funny how hard they are trying to work around the fact that extended series fucks up the tournament, but still wont remove extended series.

I had no idea there even was an MLG event tomorrow. I assume it's one of those pay per view ones right?

Deadman

It is an arena event but it's not pay per view anymore. They say Anaheim went so well for them that they don't need to do ppv anymore. More likely cause is not many people buying it and sponsors want to advertise to 70k people, not 4k.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It is an arena event but it's not pay per view anymore. They say Anaheim went so well for them that they don't need to do ppv anymore. More likely cause is not many people buying it and sponsors want to advertise to 70k people, not 4k.

Oh awesome! Who's gonna be there?

Mairu

It's probably a mix of both. I'm sure the basic idea is the success of Anaheim led to increased sponsor/advertiser interest (ex. the new "Team Red Baron" stuff) which made it more profitable for them to open the arenas up to the freemium model as opposed to premium only.

Still stuck with it for most of the "2" tournaments, it's just now that the finals are a single bo7 match.

Yoshichan

Zzoram

5-1 this season, platinum, wins against gold/plat players.

PvT win resulted in Terran saying "do everything right, 1 storm and I lose"

Top Bottom