• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

I placed mid Bronze on the new ladder, within the bottom of the top 50. That's about where I belong, lol. I didn't win any of my placement matches! So far all of the bronze players I've faced have been fairly good players too, I'm amazed at how good the "worst" players actually are. I don't consider myself a bad player, I can beat the AI soundly every time. It just seems like humans always out produce me, get one decisive victory over me in battle, and then steamroll me while I recover. Or they cheese exceptionally well and I fail to stop it.

One of my problems is I love playing as random. I want to get better with all three races, but that also hinders me from focusing on and mastering any one of them. But eh, it's only a game. :)

Pick one simple build to learn as each race and then it's all a matter of your mechanics being good enough to execute it. A half decently executed mid game push will win 99% of the time in bronze.

I haven't laddered 1v1 in months because I'm in masters and know with my complete lack of practice I would lose 5-10 in a row against people who have been practicing. I can't wait for hots to give me a fresh start.

Mairu

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/ne...e-revolutionary-mlg-vs-proleague-invitational

MLG announced some tournament where kespa players get to destroy americans for money. I guess its an online competition so we get the fun of laggy games too!

online -_-

MLG's previous online only stuff wasn't worth watching - not really interested in this. Hopefully some of the Kespa players end up qualifying for the Summer Championship, I guess.

So does the online open qualifier that leads to the invite only qualifier lead to this which leads to the championship, or are there two separate online qualifiers and just this one has kespa players?

Where's the flow chart :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
8,000 posts. One day I will catch up to you crazies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
o_o? 4813 (4814 with this) posts!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Pick one simple build to learn as each race and then it's all a matter of your mechanics being good enough to execute it. A half decently executed mid game push will win 99% of the time in bronze.

I haven't laddered 1v1 in months because I'm in masters and know with my complete lack of practice I would lose 5-10 in a row against people who have been practicing. I can't wait for hots to give me a fresh start.

I'm not sure I understand. You are in Masters, but you are out of practice and would lose a lot if you were on the ladder? Don't you have to know how to play well enough to win consistently to even get into Masters? Do the people in Masters play differently than on the ladder? Are you saying that I'm facing harder opponents in Bronze than you do in Masters?

Because it's strange the variety in skill level I see on the ladder. I'm in Bronze on 1vs1 but I'm in Gold for 3vs3, and honestly I see worse players in the Gold 3vs3 than I do in the Bronze 1vs1. From my perspective it seems like the Bronze singles people know their shit and the Gold team players are just horrible. I'm almost always in the top two of the scorecard for 3vs3, and when I lose a 3vs3 it's almost always because one or both of my team mates are Trollcasting material; yet I consistently lose in Bronze 1vs1. It's funny, yet frustrating too.

Yoshichan

Don't ever aspire to have Yoshi's post count. His health over the past year has been a direct result of it.
46Zzx.gif

Yoshichan

We still love you <3
&#9829;

I still think the Canadians are the nicest people, and I'm most likely going to live in Canada in the future :3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
&#9829;

I still think the Canadians are the nicest people, and I'm most likely going to live in Canada in the future :3

I want to try and move there once I get my bachelor's degree. Free healthcare, nicer weather, and nicer people are a plus. Evil internet companies, Harper government and friends, are negatives.

Yoshichan

I want to try and move there once I get my bachelor's degree. Free healthcare, nicer weather, and nicer people are a plus. Evil internet companies, Harper government and friends, are negatives.
Hmm?

Pancakes

Doesn't the Canadian telecommunication company have a massive lobby force in the government? I could've sword they were trying to pass some ridiculous laws a couple months ago that quickly got shut down.

Doesn't the Canadian telecommunication company have a massive lobby force in the government? I could've sword they were trying to pass some ridiculous laws a couple months ago that quickly got shut down.

Yes and no. They've since demolished that and because of the huge coverage the CRTC, the commission that oversees telecommunications in Canada, has had to change their attitude. They're actually going after Cable companies right now for forcing people to pay for "Packages" to get a small set of channels. They're also working on something else, but I can't remember what it is.

As for nice weather, I hope you've been through a winter. Unless you plan on moving to Vancouver you'll experience some serious cold. Well, unless global warming continues and we get another winter with very little snow.

With all that being said... you'll love it here! And for the most part we all love to have people move here. That goes for both of you. Come join me in Alberta. Shaw cable is awesome for Internet. 250 Mbps residential internet with 1 terabyte cap? Yes please!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yay passed this test, now to wait for interview. Time to get drunk in middle of day and play games lol. Maybe start streaming here soon.

Yoshichan

Tell me when you go live sir.

Pancakes

Over 8000 posts? What are you, some kind of freak?

Total Posts: 47,707 (22.41 posts per day)

I guess so :(

Yes and no. They've since demolished that and because of the huge coverage the CRTC, the commission that oversees telecommunications in Canada, has had to change their attitude. They're actually going after Cable companies right now for forcing people to pay for "Packages" to get a small set of channels. They're also working on something else, but I can't remember what it is.

As for nice weather, I hope you've been through a winter. Unless you plan on moving to Vancouver you'll experience some serious cold. Well, unless global warming continues and we get another winter with very little snow.

With all that being said... you'll love it here! And for the most part we all love to have people move here. That goes for both of you. Come join me in Alberta. Shaw cable is awesome for Internet. 250 Mbps residential internet with 1 terabyte cap? Yes please!

Well it's nice to see people fighting back. I lived in Canada for about 2 years when I was younger but since then I've lived in Florida and put on a hoodie when it hits ~60F down here. Canadian winters would probably kill me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ladder tonight was baaaaaaaad.

3 wins 7 loses. Mostly to terran too..wtf I was so good against terran like a few days ago -.-''''

Holden

I know...one game I pushed too far and his reinforcements destroyed my army :/

I been going colossus earlier than HTs and getting destroyed by mass vikings :/

by time they have 8~ vikings, they either have 0 medivacs or if they a couple medivacs aswell you should have hightemplars aswell.

And if they don't have that many you should be able to stomp them with blink stalkers.

blink > charge pvt

always get it first if you are going collosus.

I'm not sure I understand. You are in Masters, but you are out of practice and would lose a lot if you were on the ladder? Don't you have to know how to play well enough to win consistently to even get into Masters? Do the people in Masters play differently than on the ladder? Are you saying that I'm facing harder opponents in Bronze than you do in Masters?

Because it's strange the variety in skill level I see on the ladder. I'm in Bronze on 1vs1 but I'm in Gold for 3vs3, and honestly I see worse players in the Gold 3vs3 than I do in the Bronze 1vs1. From my perspective it seems like the Bronze singles people know their shit and the Gold team players are just horrible. I'm almost always in the top two of the scorecard for 3vs3, and when I lose a 3vs3 it's almost always because one or both of my team mates are Trollcasting material; yet I consistently lose in Bronze 1vs1. It's funny, yet frustrating too.

First of all, you can't compare team league players to 1v1 players. Team players are generally horrible at the game. If I put the same effort into 1v1 ladder I would get crushed. I've played 3v3 with a couple friends that have never played SC2 before and we were in gold league after a couple days. I ladder team games occasionally and I'm still easily in all 3 master leagues without trying. Team ladder is casual fun at lower leagues and mostly unbalanced rush fests in masters. They mean nothing.

Now, are you aware of how the match making system works? I haven't played in 1v1 in 6+ months so if I played 1v1 ladder it would match me based on my previous skill. Because of this I would be facing mostly legit high diamond/low masters quality players. Lower leagues have a LOT more variety in what league your opponent is in. A bronze leaguer on a hot streak can get matched against a plat leaguer on a losing streak. You facing shitty gold league players means you're close to being promoted.

I haven't played 1v1 in ages and I'm confident I could beat gold leaguers 99% of the time. It took me a couple hundred games to get to diamond level, then another couple hundred to get to low masters. It takes a long time to build up the muscle memory for good mechanics and even longer to get a reasonably decent game sense.

by time they have 8~ vikings, they either have 0 medivacs or if they a couple medivacs aswell you should have hightemplars aswell.

And if they don't have that many you should be able to stomp them with blink stalkers.

blink > charge pvt

always get it first if you are going collosus.

You can go blink to counter the heavy viking count, or you could go chargelot/archon with double forge. 2/2 mid game zealot/archon pushes with 8-10 gates is really strong in pvt.

Man, all this meta gaming in my head is making me want to play again.

You can go blink to counter the heavy viking count, or you could go chargelot/archon with double forge. 2/2 mid game zealot/archon pushes with 8-10 gates is really strong in pvt.

Man, all this meta gaming in my head is making me want to play again.

Only problem is PvT is just hilariously easy that none of this meta gaming really matters. I'm not crying imba but i don't even worry about PvT anymore because i win pretty much every time (no one survives my immortal push and if they do late game is easy anyway).

Actually PvP isn't too bad either thanks to no one knowing how to handle or even bother scouting stargates.

PvZ though, can't play it for my life. If anyone has some suggestions i'd gladly try them.

Yoshichan

Hmm, my SC2 is in like Dutch or something like that ._. How do I get it back?

Yoshichan

Holy shit, apparently they took the Repair tool button away (1.5). The people who work at Blizzard are the most incompetent fools on this planet.

edit: And I can't even redownload the EU-version of this game. It's grayed out, and it says I can only download the NA-client. Like, what the fuck are you guys at Blizzard smoking everyday?

Only problem is PvT is just hilariously easy that none of this meta gaming really matters. I'm not crying imba but i don't even worry about PvT anymore because i win pretty much every time (no one survives my immortal push and if they do late game is easy anyway).

Actually PvP isn't too bad either thanks to no one knowing how to handle or even bother scouting stargates.

PvZ though, can't play it for my life. If anyone has some suggestions i'd gladly try them.

Your opinion of PvT hurts :( As terran I struggle so much against both Zerg and Protoss these days largely cause I think that it requires me far more effort to win a match than them. I just don't have the APM for multi drop and splitting and all that other crap blizzard forces us to do. Honestly the end-game for terran is so bad that unless your a pro or in a really high league I don't even think it is winnable.

Yoshichan

edit: nevermind, I solved the issue :)

Yoshichan

That probably gets old and boring after like 2 games
Yup. The best is to troll Platinum. Players at platinum get rage'y easily.

Yoshichan

You gonna stream Holden? What happened?

edit: Speaking of streaming... where did EscapingJail disappear? All I remember was seeing him the first day of HotS-beta, then I got an account, and after that I never saw him.

Top Bottom