• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Haunted

Lost a lot of respect for Stephano :(
Oh please. Playing one match a week and being tied up by a single tournament for two months+ is just not the best use of your time if you're a player of Stephano's calibre.

GSL used to be the biggest thing (both from a prize money and quality perspective), but now it's simply more attractive to focus on non-Korean tournaments if you have the means to travel.

I personally also prefer the gauntlet-style format of weekend tournaments.

I wonder if his limited training time in Korea will help him, though. People usually only see improvements when they commit more time to it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Oh please. Playing one match a week and being tied up by a single tournament for two months+ is just not the best use of your time if you're a player of Stephano's calibre.

GSL used to be the biggest thing (both from a prize money and quality perspective), but now it's simply more attractive to focus on foreign tournaments if you're available to travel (which many Koreans aren't).

I personally also prefer the gauntlet-style format of weekend tournaments.

I wonder if his limited training time in Korea will help him, though. People usually only see improvements when they commit more time to it.

I really want to see him in GSL style tournament where opponents prepare week+ in advance to him. I prefer GSL style tournament but Im fine with just 1 big tournament like that and rest weekend style tournaments because otherwise I would not watch (aka NASL/Foreign Team Leauges/etc)

Vaporak

Why should he go to Korea and play in one tournament, when he can stay in the US/EU and play in multiple tournaments? It's a no brainer

Because it's not an either or, he could play in the GSL and US/Eu tournaments just like some of the Koreans do. The real answer is that it's tough to fly around that much and the GSL, with it's level of competition, probably has a to low an expected payout to be worth it to him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
IPL5
Plus GSL R8, R4, Finals
Plus GSL World Championship thingy

Good enough?
Aw shit that's right it's fucking foreigner gauntlet style for Semis and Finals isn't it.

That's a shame. Korean tourneys are in part so good because two amazing players trains for 1-2 weeks against 1 person.

Still should be pretty good. What are hotel prices looking like?

Mairu

Gimme brackets.

Maybe.

IPL5
Plus GSL R8, R4, Finals
Plus GSL World Championship thingy

Good enough?

seriously, unless they decide not to send Tastosis and we have the worst casters on the planet, this is the best domestic SC event to go to

edit: oh, they decided to only do semis & finals instead of ro8->finals for gsl... so it's not as bad

message me on aim/fb/w.e about hotels ;p

Corran Horn

seriously, unless they decide not to send Tastosis and we have the worst casters on the planet, this is the best domestic SC event to go to

edit: oh, they decided to only do semis & finals instead of ro8->finals for gsl... so it's not as bad

message me on aim/fb/w.e about hotels ;p

Okay thats good they fixed that at least...should still be finals only :/

Im probably gonna try to put in time off and see what happens...but working retail and getting time off during holidays is a bitch...but I might have new job soon so who knows then.

Mairu

Okay thats good they fixed that at least...should still be finals only :/

Im probably gonna try to put in time off and see what happens...but working retail and getting time off during holidays is a bitch...but I might have new job soon so who knows then.

is there an earliest time you can try to put time off in? it's usually easier to get time off if you ask far in advance ;|

Corran Horn

Got a free monitor...trying to work this in somehow on my desk. Not sure if I like it like this yet since my main monitor is shifted over to left now.

LqSHK.jpg

backpedal further

Taeja only won 25% of the maps TL took in the IPTL match today (that they eventually lost) :(

Not backpedaling, but I guess when you have somebody who doesn't get the concept of hyperbole or exaggeration because he's salty that his "team" is a one and a half man squad you run into these situations.

Corran Horn

Stop yalls qqs

GSL Code A qualifers are going on and 2 KeSPA players qualified so far (out of 5 spots so far)
Baby and Last. Bisu lost in finals :(

Ecto311

Just placed my 1v1 - won and got 99 bronze. Last season I was top 10 gold, then dropped to silver after a shitload of drunk terran games. Came back to it as zerg, won one game and was back to gold. Now this placement puts me at the bottom of the bottom. Before the ladder reset I was mid gold again. At least I have no reason to not hit the find match button now.

Mairu

Not backpedaling, but I guess when you have somebody who doesn't get the concept of hyperbole or exaggeration because he's salty that his "team" is a one and a half man squad you run into these situations.

I'm on a war against bad hyperbole.

ea03c5b8.png

You should fix your previous post, Hero was nowhere near the half in TAC3

And TL is not my team, but Taeja is my player ;)

Zenio is not even %50 if you take out his groundbreaking all kill against the all stared dignatis, so is Sheth, Hero didn't do shit in the ipl thing but he actually wins in all these korean and foreign lans which can't be said about his teammates who act as nothing more than a glorified warm up game to their opponents.
threw in a little hyperbole there for you to have fun with, so people can't say that I don't care

Got a free monitor...trying to work this in somehow on my desk. Not sure if I like it like this yet since my main monitor is shifted over to left now.

http://i.imgur.com/LqSHK.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Move that box to the right of the new monitor over to the left of your main monitor, then shift both monitors to the right. That way you center your main and have room for your secondary on the right.

[quote="Corran Horn, post: 42014560"]I buy the 10 dollar keyboards in stores. Work fine brah[/QUOTE]

I will send you a FREE razer keyboard. Now that I have a Das, I need to get rid of my two Arctosas.

Holden

Move that box to the right of the new monitor over to the left of your main monitor, then shift both monitors to the right. That way you center your main and have room for your secondary on the right.

I will send you a FREE razer keyboard. Now that I have a Das, I need to get rid of my two Arctosas.

200$ on keyboards for 3 years... the fuck

i'll never understand mechanical keyboards

*oGsSK is online streaming sc2*
"oh cool MC is streaming, been a while"
*random dude i don't know streaming league of legends*

fuck you

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't understand expensive keyboards either.

Haunted

GOMTVNET has started to put up some... let's say "classic" GSL games on their YT channel, from the Open seasons. GSL's Greatest!

Goddamn, I can't believe how bad the level of play was. Hyperdub vs Tester. /wrists

ea03c5b8.png

poor ret. :(

Which page is that info from?

Corran Horn

Ive already done some moving. Still feels weird having a 2nd monitor there while playing a game. Like I dont know where to focus lol.

Why you got to hate my logitech keyboard!

hyduK

Banned
I don't understand expensive keyboards either.

Mechanical keyboards are fantastic for games where you're pressing buttons, they don't work as well in FPS/MMO where you have to hold WASD down for hours at a time.

Wouldn't trade my 6gv2 for anything though.

200$ on keyboards for 3 years... the fuck

i'll never understand mechanical keyboards

The Das and one of the Arctosas were free. The second Arctosa was bought on sale for ~$35.

Silly french people, too busy buying baguettes to know what a sale is.

Fake edit: Also, Mechanical keyboards are pure preference. Esports uses them because of "performance", but for most people I know who have one it's because that's what we grew up using and it just feels better.

Ive already done some moving. Still feels weird having a 2nd monitor there while playing a game. Like I dont know where to focus lol.

Why you got to hate my logitech keyboard!

I don't. I just want to pawn these keyboards off to someone. ANYONE.

You might not be able to get comfortable with the second monitor. When I went from a 4:3 to a 16:10 flat panel I just couldn't get comfortable with the 4:3 being there anymore. It also might have to do with your desk. Mine was the same style and it just felt cramped and awkward.

Birdman02

If you really mean ANYONE...then I'll take one off of your hands.

Also, I placed back into platinum. I think I might actually be able to get into diamond this season if I get to play enough. I've come a long way since my bottom of bronze days in season 1.

(._.)

Banned
Reading the MoW drama thread on TL is painful. Is that average user on TL these days around 15/16 years of age?

lol @ whoever that pro gamer nobody knows about trying to make himself look like a victim

I don't see why players like Stephano need to compete in Korea anymore. The foriegn tournaments get plenty of top Korean talent. As far as i'm concerned winning an MLG or an IPL is big enough. It's kinda bullshit the way players are expected to just put their entire lives on hold just to 'prove' themselves by competing in the the GSL.

I'd much rather foreigners just focus on the non Korean market anyway as that is the one that will decide SC2's future imo.

ea03c5b8.png

Wait is this supposed to show that liquid isn't a one man team? Also it's pretty pathetic how your taking the numbers he used as exact figures when he was clearly exagerating.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Just placed my 1v1 - won and got 99 bronze. Last season I was top 10 gold, then dropped to silver after a shitload of drunk terran games. Came back to it as zerg, won one game and was back to gold. Now this placement puts me at the bottom of the bottom. Before the ladder reset I was mid gold again. At least I have no reason to not hit the find match button now.

I placed mid Bronze on the new ladder, within the bottom of the top 50. That's about where I belong, lol. I didn't win any of my placement matches! So far all of the bronze players I've faced have been fairly good players too, I'm amazed at how good the "worst" players actually are. I don't consider myself a bad player, I can beat the AI soundly every time. It just seems like humans always out produce me, get one decisive victory over me in battle, and then steamroll me while I recover. Or they cheese exceptionally well and I fail to stop it.

One of my problems is I love playing as random. I want to get better with all three races, but that also hinders me from focusing on and mastering any one of them. But eh, it's only a game. :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Right. That $20 mousepad got NerdDri technology in it to wick away sweat from your wrists?

Don't forget your Gunnar(TM) Sunglasses to give you that extra edge.

Top Bottom