• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh damn it :( No SC2 huh? T_T

Well are you gonna stream some later on? Please?

The prize pool for WCS Finals is out! Get hyped!

~ 100k for first place
~ 250k total prize money

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5870231/Who_Will_Be_At_BWC_-14_09_2012

K2uOU.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck is going on with Twitch? NOTHING is working

Yoshichan

:( :( :( But it worked out perfectly fine before, why is it fucking up now?

Np though man, just tell me when you decide to stream.

Yoshichan

(obvious question gets obvious answer, don't get mad please)

Have you tried opening your case and cleaned the shit out of your components?

Yoshichan

did that like 2 weeks ago =-/
God damn it, that sucks but there must be a solution. Have you asked PC-GAF, or any other PC-service-place?

Yoshichan

Just pay some PC-guys and let them fix it imo :3

Holden

bought it two years ago (phenom x6 1055t)

aint that old.

But it always acted super weird when i OC it. i tryed oc'ing it day1 but it never worked, i must be missing something =[

Yoshichan

I was once interested in overclocking my cpu. But then I wise person came to me and told me that a cpu also has feelings, and that it's almost like you're whipping the back of the cpu to run faster and faster. Eventually it dies out of exhaustion :(

Needless to say, I never did oc my cpu because of this.

I was once interested in overclocking my cpu. But then I wise person came to me and told me that a cpu also has feelings, and that it's almost like you're whipping the back of the cpu to run faster and faster. Eventually it dies out of exhaustion :(

Needless to say, I never did oc my cpu because of this.

I'm of the same logic. Never cared to overclock because the performance gain will cost me in dollars eventually. I don't upgrade enough to be taking my hardware for granted.

Also, nice to see 3 Canucks got spots from the NA finals.

Yoshichan

HEY! AMD's got feelings as-well, y'know?

Hylian7

So I randomly decided to play this today after not playing for quite a long time, and it appears my FPS suddenly sucks now. I only get 30 on the main menu and maybe 50 if I'm lucky in game. Here's my machine:

Intel Core i5 2500k (overclocked, I forget the GHz at the moment, but it's enough)
AMD Radeon HD5850
8GB RAM

I'm using D3DOverrider, but I even tried turning that off and it didn't seem to change anything. I do max the settings, I was able to do it on the machine I used to play on and I got better framerates than this. What's going on?

So I randomly decided to play this today after not playing for quite a long time, and it appears my FPS suddenly sucks now. I only get 30 on the main menu and maybe 50 if I'm lucky in game. Here's my machine:

Intel Core i5 2500k (overclocked, I forget the GHz at the moment, but it's enough)
AMD Radeon HD5850
8GB RAM

I'm using D3DOverrider, but I even tried turning that off and it didn't seem to change anything. I do max the settings, I was able to do it on the machine I used to play on and I got better framerates than this. What's going on?

They updated the game recently. there used to be no AA ingame option. So if you have that turned on now then that is most likely your problem.

Also this game is now a "streaming" game, try running the map called "unit preloader" on the arcade and see if that helps.

Hylian7

They updated the game recently. there used to be no AA ingame option. So if you have that turned on now then that is most likely your problem.

Also this game is now a "streaming" game, try running the map called "unit preloader" on the arcade and see if that helps.

I'm not finding that map at all. The in-game AA turning off didn't help at all.

Edit: I found a "Unit Test" map, was that perhaps what you meant? I seem to get around 60FPS though (despite my monitor having a 75HZ refresh rate)

(._.)

Banned
Still 2 more games than I'll play in masters this season.

why you no ladder no more ? :(

GAF channel has been borderline dead all summer.

remember when people would be 1v1ing all the time with specs? gaf night? tons of weekly and weekend happenings?

RIP

fanboi

Banned
why you no ladder no more ? :(

GAF channel has been borderline dead all summer.

remember when people would be 1v1ing all the time with specs? gaf night? tons of weekly and weekend happenings?

RIP

We have all grown old and bitter. We rather argue then play.

Yoshichan

lol. Zerg truly is the shittiest race. Completely overpowered and also broken in every way shape and form. I wish they were hard to play - that way you could at least compensate for the ez-mode that is zerg. It's too bad they're nothing but hold button for x amount of second, then a-moving and winning!

good race.

Aylinato

lol. Zerg truly is the shittiest race. Completely overpowered and also broken in every way shape and form. I wish they were hard to play - that way you could at least compensate for the ez-mode that is zerg. It's too bad they're nothing but hold button for x amount of second, then a-moving and winning!

good race.

jasonngSWAG.gif

(._.)

Banned
I can't wait for Protoss to be considered the super under powered race. I'm sure it will come one of these days. Seems like all you need to voice your opinion regarding balance even if your're not GM+

What race atm is considered the under powered race? It was Zerg for a while and then Terran. What is the current statues of balance debates on reddit and forums? Is Terran still the UP race to everybody that isn't a pro?

Yoshichan

So I haven't laddered on my main account in what, 6 months (except for placement matches every season)? Last time I played with it, I was diamond. Decided to play a couple of games and had a good streak:

And that's apparently enough to become master :lol Is absolutely no one playing this game anymore or what?

(._.)

Banned
what server is that?

You must have had really good MMR before you stopped playing on it. Which leads me to my next question. why did you stop playing on your main if it had good MMR?

Yoshichan

what server is that?

You must have had really good MMR before you stopped playing on it. Which leads me to my next question. why did you stop playing on your main if it had good MMR?
EU servers.

I have no idea if I had good MMR or not, I honestly don't remember. I'm pretty sure I quit because I began coaching and started borrowing accounts left and right. I ended up not knowing which account I should be focusing on (and my "main", the one you see in the screenshots above, turned out to be my EU custom-games-account).

Overly complicated for sure. I should probably just focus on max two accounts at once :lol

Top Bottom