• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well I'm planning on coming back full time 15th September when Mesc gets his account back :3

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=342147
Zenio < Daybreak > KilleR
Zenio < Cloud Kingdom > Bischu
Zenio < Antiga Shipyard > merz
Zenio < Ohana > SjoW
Zenio < Metropolis > DreAm

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=338075
HasuObs < Metropolis > Sheth
Mana < Entombed Valley > Sheth
HeroMarine < Antiga Shipyard > Sheth
Morrow < Ohana > Sheth
Morrow < Daybreak > HayprO
Bigs < Cloud Kingdom > HayprO

Is this thing supposed to prove something ?

nilbog21

Banned
LOL i nearly died when geoff says "For some, the pressure of the curse is too much". the way he delivers it is brilliant xd

this video is amazing

Holden

ScXOZ.jpg

eg curse

Holden

completly rape this terran, and sundenly when im about to murdur his base my screen just turns black and i cant see anything...

HMMMMMMM

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Placement match. Replay
Playing against a Terran. Win pretty easily since I scout his 2 rax opening and just defend well enough. Plus his attacks were horrible. He calls Protoss a joke race before leaving game :(

He was masters (masters every season since 2011 s1)...I placed....! Diamond again :/

pandaaa

there's a little girl at work wearing an Applejack shirt. I'm trying my hardest not to walk into the lobby and lector her about being wrong

Mairu

Feels like EG is going to win since Incontrol posted in the thread on TL and EG has been heavily advertising the match. In the past, they didn't really talk about team league games through their social media unless they had won :p

grats eg on beating tl :p

Stephano's only regret is that there weren't more players to kill

Wasn't Stephano supposed to play in the GSL? Oh, btw Team Liquid released a damage control response:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=367694&currentpage=50

So without taking too much away from the fact that Stephano won, i'll address a lot of the comments about Taeja and Hero's performance/making mistakes. These two games were played between 2:30 and 3:30am korean time - hero had just played his code s matches (at around 5pm) then came home to wait for this. Scheduling matches internationally fucking sucks - its pretty common that you can be in worse or better condition that your opponent just based on scheduling (it was about 9pm EU, 3pm US when stephano/taeja played). Iirc we had basically hit the limit for delaying this set, so delaying the games wasn't really an option.

Because of the IPTL winner-stays format, you cant just schedule certain matches for better timing. There's not an optimal solution for timings right now. Ideally your players are i the best possible mental condition when they play hard matches due to the cerebral nature of SC2...it's just not as feasible as we'd like.

ggwp better luck next time

Haunted

And that's why EG bought Stephano.

Handful of players on the planet who could beat Taeja and Hero back to back right now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why doesn't IPL hire some good casters if they want to be popular? Day9 or husky or DJWheat or even Apollo?

IPL casters cast from IGN which is in SF. So unless you are willing to move to SF and give up alot of other casting gigs while doing IPL stuff (which is like 5 days a week) then its not such a great job for high profile casters. Day9/Husky/Wheat/Apollo can make much more probably from going to event to event rather than being tied to an organization. Also personal reasons, like Wheat has a family and I think Husky/Day9 love being in LA area.

Also it seems that IPL is trying to cut their costs any chance they get and to get those dudes they would need to pay too much.

Wasn't Stephano supposed to play in the GSL?
He was, then said he wasnt because he would rather focus on foreign tournaments because they are easier/shorter/and more money overall. GSL is alot of work for the top money while foreign stuff is like a weekend event.

Mairu

IPL casters cast from IGN which is in SF. So unless you are willing to move to SF and give up alot of other casting gigs while doing IPL stuff (which is like 5 days a week) then its not such a great job for high profile casters. Day9/Husky/Wheat/Apollo can make much more probably from going to event to event rather than being tied to an organization. Also personal reasons, like Wheat has a family and I think Husky/Day9 love being in LA area.

Also it seems that IPL is trying to cut their costs any chance they get and to get those dudes they would need to pay too much.

They don't have to get those dudes

They just have to hire one decent-sounding NA player (for analysis!) and pair him with Catspajamas. Cats seems fine as a radio voice/play by play guy. I can't imagine there aren't NA "pros" willing to get an actual salary, unless you're on EG (or maybe Complexity) you can't be making much as a player.

He was, then said he wasnt because he would rather focus on foreign tournaments because they are easier/shorter/and more money overall. GSL is alot of work for the top money while foreign stuff is like a weekend event.

Lost a lot of respect for Stephano :(

Top Bottom