• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

SamuraiX-

These new Terran units LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Incredible. Please don't even balance them. Release it just like this so all the patch Protoss can retire.

Syf

Banned
as fun as it is watching protoss get rekt, lotv terran is getting a hard nerf hammer right after blizzcon ends lol

SamuraiX-

Too much whisky last night... so, the VODs.

herO vs Classic was painful... herO on any day of the week is a far superior player, but Classic got in his head through Game 4. herO didn't have a chance in the final game. The coin flip fest that is PvP is too degrading for herO. If he can only work on scouting for proxies/cheeses, he would easily be competing with Zest for the title of best Protoss on the planet. I can't wait to watch MMA wreck the fuck out of Classic today and send his ass back into irrelevancy. Not even thinking about the semifinals? Your clown ass is about to get a rude awakening. MMA. IS. HUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNGRRRRYYY.

Life... da fuq did I say about never making a Swarm Host again? Life opening up with macro/economy focused builds in ZvP is incredible to watch. It looks like he's finally figured it out. Games 1 and 2 were sick displays on how to dominate a patch/expansion Protoss in ZvP. San is fucking terrible. If you look at his history as a progamer, he didn't do shit before HotS. Glad he's gone. git rekt chump LIIIFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TaeJa vs INno... lawd jesus, anybody denying that TvT is the most legit mirror matchup in the game must still be holding their breath. INno mechin it happen in Game 1. That amazing anti-timing by INno in Game 2. My heart broke with Day9's watching INno lose Game 3 because he forgot how to make Vikings/Thors/Turrets. Game 4 was fun but INno still suffers from his mindset of playing standard. He never even suspected any of TaeJa's doom drops.

TaeJa vs Life in the semifinals... the grand final of DreamHack Winter last year. These two just seem to keep meeting each other. Life ZvP has improved dramatically but let's how far his ZvT has come.

MMA vs Life/TaeJa grand final would be fantastic.

Syf

Banned
terran looks super fun to play but absolutely miserable to play against lol. blizz has a lotta work to do

SamuraiX-

I cheered in my own home because I want Life to win.

Yeah, I would actually prefer MMA to take it all. He wants it more than anyone. If not him then I'd like to see Life take it as well, followed by TaeJa.

hey I'd be just fine with MMA vs Life final

pls not classic though, I don't like him

He's just so boring. And he's a patch Protoss through and through.

Aaron

Yeah, I also find Classic really dull to watch, like most protoss. Exceptions for MC, Rain and of course Parting.

SamuraiX-

Glad to see the crowd looks just as strong as yesterday despite technical failure hell.

It it happening again? Game should've started 10 minutes ago.

kasane

Seriously you post some bullshit pr damage control on your forums yet you had a day and fixed nothing.

Just like when millions of bugs existed in your game and you did nothing about it

Blizz os just following the money

SamuraiX-

Blizzard, please...

PLEASE

Seriously now?

That marine positioning was great by MMA. Perfect Oracle defense. He also fully expected Classic going for that super fast 3rd. He definitely studied the Polt vs Classic VODs.

kasane

Blizzard makes tf 2 clone

Blizzard triea to get that moba money

No warcraft cause WoW makes money

Starcraft is like priority number 100000 for blizz

Fucking embarrasing.

LAN motherfuckers do you speak it

They already said theyre running lan but all that is bullshit damage control

kasane

"these issues wouldn't be helped by LAN!" -blizzard

Kappa

garbage. maybe they should hire riot to run the production for them
They said theyre running on site servers and theyrw having technical issues and " power outages " which is fucking bullshit

Just tuned in. So they had connection problems during the match or did they not even start, lol?

Like 10 min in Classic got dropped, queue 15 min. of fuckery until shit resumes again. Yesterday was the biggest disaster of a big esports event in the last decade when it comes to problems.

Syf

Banned
Yep. I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't imagine how much they're freaking out. This is impacting the reputation of the tournament.
it's hurting the game. supposed to be a show of sc2 skill instead it just looks like a buggy pos amateur hour game

Seiniyta

Like 10 min in Classic got dropped, queue 15 min. of fuckery until shit resumes again. Yesterday was the biggest disaster of a big esports event in the last decade when it comes to problems.

You probably haven't watched many tournaments the last ten years then. There's been waaaaay worse tournaments. Including MLG (dallas?) a few years back, that was entirely unwatchable if I recall.

This is absolutely frustrating, it's also odd how they just disconnect without like the disconnect timer like what usually happens.

Lethe82

Banned
Thanks for hosting the worst SCII tournament of 2014 blizzard!

True, but when the company that made the game has by far the most issues running a tournament for the game is nothing short of a tremendous embarrassment.

Yeah and Blizzcon has always had high viewership and huge crowds

kasane

You probably haven't watched many tournaments the last ten years then. There's been waaaaay worse tournaments. Including MLG (dallas?) a few years back, that was entirely unwatchable if I recall.

This is absolutely frustrating, it's also odd how they just disconnect without like the disconnect timer like what usually happens.
When this is your WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and this shits happening WHEN YOURE FUCKING blizzard who is COLOSSALY BIG this is indeed the worst shit ever

jasonng

On a side note, I still cannot get over how different Tasteless's voice is. Is it bad that I liked how his once raspy voiced contrasted well with Artosis?

Top Bottom