• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilo99

Gold Member
Why is it working on Steam, but the Xbox App says I'm too early. Seriously don't bungle this Microsoft.

Its a slow rollout, I just got mine to work.. or at least its downloading it.

My XSS is telling me that I'm already playing on Windows lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Building shaders thank fuck. Very easy mode here we come.

7c6.jpg

How is it looking on the XSX?

Very clean, if not overly sharp.

8-31-2023_8-36-35_pm-k1fe2.png

Last edited:

Laieon

I can't figure out how to get these dots/blemishes/freckles/whatever they are off of my character's neck. Nothing seems to make them disappear.

image.png

SteadyEvo

Getting an error saying to install but everything is already installed. Oh well, reinstalling everything. Probably play in the morning since it’ll take a while.

adamsapple

Is this a meme I'm missing? does bethesda combat usually suck?

No, some of us are degenerates who like playing games on easy for whatever reason. I like it so I can focus more on the role playing and dialogue elements. I also don't have time or patience for overly hard combat scenarios in this day and age lol.

Last edited:
Ok so far, I trolled myself. I was trying to go to my first planet for the main quest and my ship just kept moving forward for like 10 minutes and the planet never got closer. I then go to the map and find out you have to use a menu to travel to it. That is kind of dumb, but I am gonna assume it's due to technical limitations. I wasted 10 minutes trying to go to a planet lol.

I like how the guns feels tho, the pistol you get at start feels good to fire. Good thing id Software came in and helped with combat. Excited for future encounters. I do wish there would be gore in it though :/

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

No, some of us are degenerates who like playing games on easy for whatever reason. I like it so I can focus more on the role playing and dialogue elements. I also don't have time or patience for overly hard combat scenarios in this day and age lol.
My wife does the same thing and I used to do the usual "wow what a loser, easy mode!", but after awhile I understood, my time is not as free as I'd like it.

adamsapple

My wife does the same thing and I used to do the usual "wow what a loser, easy mode!", but after awhile I understood, my time is not as free as I'd like it.

Exactly. Now I'm at a point where money isn't the problem, free time is. And I don't want to have to repeat scenarios over and over because I can't work around the difficulty.

Respect to people who default to harder modes, it's not for me.

-

edit: ayoo I love how fuckin' fast the sprint speed is.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ok so far, I trolled myself. I was trying to go to my first planet for the main quest and my ship just kept moving forward for like 10 minutes and the planet never got closer. I then go to the map and find out you have to use a menu to travel to it. That is kind of dumb, but I am gonna assume it's due to technical limitations. I wasted 10 minutes trying to go to a planet lol.

I like how the guns feels tho, the pistol you get at start feels good to fire. Good thing id Software came in and helped with combat. Excited for future encounters. I do wish there would be gore in it though :/

Is it worth $99?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Exactly. Now I'm at a point where money isn't the problem, free time is. And I don't want to have to repeat scenarios over and over because I can't work around the difficulty.

Respect to people who default to harder modes, it's not for me.

-

edit: ayoo I love how fuckin' fast the sprint speed is.
You get to the point where you no longer have to prove to yourself that you're good at video games

salva

I left my PC on and Xbox app open while I'm away... does that unpacking happen automagically or do you have to click 'play' for that to happen? Hoping once I get home, I can just get straight into it.

sendit

Going in to Photo mode on PC kicks you out of ultra wide (for those with ultra wide monitors), what in the flying fuck.....

TheMan

I left my PC on and Xbox app open while I'm away... does that unpacking happen automagically or do you have to click 'play' for that to happen? Hoping once I get home, I can just get straight into it.
I think you ahve to click play :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom