• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk |OT| Not Quite Warhawk, Yet Not Quite Like Anything Else

V_Ben

Banned
Gies giving a PlayStation exclusive a lukewarm response is no surprise. It's sort of his MO.

Oh don't start with that shit. His review reads like he gave it a genuine try, and had some enjoyable moments with the game. Sounds like it just didn't "click" for him in ways that it did for other reviewers, which is entirely understandable. Especially given just how strange some of the game's mechanics are.

KalBalboa

Banned
Oh don't start with that shit. His review reads like he gave it a genuine try, and had some enjoyable moments with the game. Sounds like it just didn't "click" for him in ways that it did for other reviewers, which is entirely understandable.

His reviews, when it comes to PlayStation exclusives, seem to usually have this tone of negative qualification, as if he spends his efforts explaining why someone wouldn't enjoy the game first and foremost. I listened to Rebel FM for about a year before I just couldn't put up with his perspective anymore.

I don't care for his reviews or opinions on the industry- and my issues with him are clearly noticeable enough to have built him a reputation on his attitude.

With that out of the way, I can't wait to finally play Starhawk in split-screen. I was worried about the malleable battlefield elements before, but the beta changed all that. This game is exactly what I'm looking for right now.

sometimes

Neo Member
Just pre-ordered.

The beta was the most fun I have had with a multiplayer in a very long time, looking forward to trying the various maps and weapons we didn't get to experience in the beta

I think people should remember, the build & battle is a big part, but not essential - you can play a whole game without touching it, people will choose their roles but there is always the option

V_Ben

Banned
His reviews, when it comes to PlayStation exclusives, seem to usually have this tone of negative qualification, as if he spends his efforts explaining why someone wouldn't enjoy the game first and foremost. I listened to Rebel FM for about a year before I just couldn't put up with his perspective anymore.

I don't care for his reviews or opinions on the industry- and my issues with him are clearly noticeable enough to have built him a reputation on his attitude.

With that out of the way, I can't wait to finally play Starhawk in split-screen. I was worried about the malleable battlefield elements before, but the beta changed all that. This game is exactly what I'm looking for right now.

That's fair, but he also reviews 360 exclusives negatively too. Hell, he said that Bloodforge was the worst thing he'd played this year so far, and that was a 360 exclusive in a Live Arcade promotion.

If I'm honest, I just enjoy his writing style, so different tastes I suppose :)

But yes, ANYWAY. I'm looking forward to the co-op, should be pretty fun :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Just pre-ordered.

The beta was the most fun I have had with a multiplayer in a very long time, looking forward to trying the various maps and weapons we didn't get to experience in the beta

I think people should remember, the build & battle is a big part, but not essential - you can play a whole game without touching it, people will choose their roles but there is always the option

I'm betting that a significant portion of players will stick to being shock troops and pilots moreso than architects, which is honestly the way I want to see the teams pan out. Having a ratio of 1:4 (builders to fighters) would probably work for the best.

I'm definitely going to be building, but mainly for resource building I bet (bikes to get around and secure rift, first and foremost, then small, armored spawn points across the map).

KalBalboa

Banned
That's fair, but he also reviews 360 exclusives negatively too. Hell, he said that Bloodforge was the worst thing he'd played this year so far, and that was a 360 exclusive in a Live Arcade promotion.

If I'm honest, I just enjoy his writing style, so different tastes I suppose :)

But yes, ANYWAY. I'm looking forward to the co-op, should be pretty fun :)

What's your PSN handle? (I'm FoomMan)

sometimes

Neo Member
I'm betting that a significant portion of players will stick to being shock troops and pilots moreso than architects, which is honestly the way I want to see the teams pan out. Having a ratio of 1:4 (builders to fighters) would probably work for the best.

I'm definitely going to be building, but mainly for resource building I bet (bikes to get around and secure rift, first and foremost, then small, armored spawn points across the map).

In the beta I found myself trying out both, which I think is what was great.

I would sometimes spend a whole game building and then also 'tidying up' duplicate builds etc, but for me it was fun as I knew it was contributing towards the battle - then, if I felt like it i'd hop on a jet bike and check out whats going on in the field - all good fun -

so many times I would see we have picked up their flag, to build a bike station, race down there and 'donate' my bike so the player could take their flag back to our base - felt good!

Got my GS text. Wish I can pick it up now instead of waiting until tomorrow after work. Even worse, Wednesday I have a Cake concert to go to and I'm only going so a ticket doesn't go to waste lol. I don't mind them, just wouldn't go out of my way to see them ordinarily.
So my time with it will be limited for a bit.

tusken77

Yeah, the co-op looks lots of fun and pretty challenging with that aggressive AI. They only managed to get to wave 4.

reKon

Banned
Yeah, the co-op looks lots of fun and pretty challenging with that aggressive AI. They only managed to get to wave 4.

yeah, I'm betting that if they had more time with the game they would dominate cause they lacked the building strategy

god damn multiplayer looks incredible in the hands of players who know what they're doing. hopefully i can catch on and be competitive quickly. i played the beta for literally 30 minutes and had no fucking clue what i was doing so i was turned off on the game

So excited this is finally coming out tomorrow. I loved the beta and intend to play the he'll out of this one. Feel free to add me, psn is the same as my user name.

By the way anyone that has a Rift Hunter code may be interested in the response to my message to Dylan Jobe:

U6ua7.png

Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/DylanJobe/status/199293241546379264

params7

Banned
Warhawk had the best clan system that i've seen in any ps3 game, no wonder the community was really tight knight. SH is based on the same system with more clan features. Can't wait.

Trevelyan

Banned
Can't wait to get off work early tomorrow. Loved the hell out of Warhawk, loved the hell out of the beta, and I will love the hell out of this game come tomorrow. Someone needs to set up the GAF clan.

Add me to the clan: PSN: Krigoth

Pre-ordered the game only on Sunday, so chances are it's going to come on Wednesday but I'm fine with waiting. :)

Top Bottom