• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk |OT| Not Quite Warhawk, Yet Not Quite Like Anything Else

Mrbob

Why can't they just sell me Multiplayer for $40 on PSN like Warhawk.......SMH

Yeah I'm a bit miffed this is retail only. Perfect game to have on my hdd. I don't want to have to put in a disc every time to play it.

oh apparently this wasn't posted

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/08/starhawk-out-today-mlg-tournament-all-map-packs-free/

all map packs will be free for this game.

Hey look at that, a multi player game that won't fracture it's user base. Happy to see. Guess that makes the gamespot limited edition not as special anymore. Can go grab the game anywhere now.

Yeah I'm a bit miffed this is retail only. Perfect game to have on my hdd. I don't want to have to put in a disc every time to play it.
That's so old school. Who actually wants to get up to swap discs/cartridges/cassettes/records anymore? Just playin'.

I just want to be home to play it.

Carl

I loved having Warhawk on my HDD. The amount of time it saved in switching discs, haha.

I really want this but would prefer to have it on my HDD :(

Can't wait to hear more impressions from GAFers. I need a mp shooter for the summer. Ghost Recon isn't doing it for me. Only concern is I play 99% of my shooters on 360 and its glorious controller. What to do?
Isn't there a 360 looking controller for the PS3?

Hey look at that, a multi player game that won't fracture it's user base. Happy to see. Guess that makes the gamespot limited edition not as special anymore. Can go grab the game anywhere now.

I am hoping for a price drop soon.....I just don't give a shit about the single player honestly.

AEREC

I loved having Warhawk on my HDD. The amount of time it saved in switching discs, haha.

I really want this but would prefer to have it on my HDD :(

Same here...I probably wont get this unless it comes to the PSN as a digital download.

Co-op dlc still may be pay for content. So there is value in the GS preorder still. At $20 value, there's the ost ($9.99) so what else is there to equal $20? Original warhawk is $4.99? So maybe co-op pack is $4.99 as well?

Seventy5

Jesus Christ it's taking a long time to play this game. Downloaded the co-op map, then entered the online pass, and the free skin. Then I updated the firmware to 4.11 or something, then a 450Mb day one patch, then it installed. 54 minutes later, I'm now at the OUA. Finally...time to play some fucking Starhawk!! I wants to be in the GAF clan, if someone is sending invites pleeeeeze. Also, anyone add me who wants some hot & sticky co-op actions.

actually, probably won't be sticky, sorry :(

Just picked it up and redeemed my LE code onto my system. I didn't receive a free month of PS+, though. Anyone else run into this?

ttocs

Was the code for preordering through GameStop only? I preordered through Amazon and haven't heard anything about bonuses.

JABEE

If anyone has an extra Sweet Tooth code, I'd appreciate it.

The confusion over whether this will be a digital download or not is interesting. Why would there be so many conflicting reports?

oh shit son! Downloadable PSN? That just upped my interest for some reason. Might be able to swing getting diablo 3 and this now.

nofi

I dont know whats going on really.

Nor do I.

Best wait until tomorrow. All I know is I asked SCEE this afternoon about a PSN release and they said it was coming tomorrow for Europe and Friday for UK "to coincide with the retail release."

Carl

Nor do I.

Best wait until tomorrow. All I know is I asked SCEE this afternoon about a PSN release and they said it was coming tomorrow for Europe and Friday for UK "to coincide with the retail release."

Well, if they're right i will definitely buy it on PSN.

ttocs

How are people getting such mixed signals with the PSN release? I'm going to have to go with @DylanJobe's word on this one that it's not going to be available anytime soon. Definitely one day, but not this week.

nofi

How are people getting such mixed signals with the PSN release? I'm going to have to go with @DylanJobe's word on this one that it's not going to be available anytime soon. Definitely one day, but not this week.

As I said, SCEE told me it was coming this week. A mistake, possibly, but that's what they said.

ttocs

As I said, SCEE told me it was coming this week. A mistake, possibly, but that's what they said.

Not you, websites are reporting it's coming out this week even though the game's head is reporting it is. I'm just curious how they got their info since I've never seen one word of it being available on release day PSN.

nofi

Not you, websites are reporting it's coming out this week even though the game's head is reporting it is. I'm just curious how they got their info since I've never seen one word of it being available on release day PSN.

I was the guy that contacted SCEE and wrote the story.

Top Bottom