• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dying Light's Enhanced Edition includes a few things that aren't present in the Ultimate Edition. Complain about it here.

Tizoc

It sold very poorly on Xbox one, AFAIK. Hopefully it will sell well on PS4 and as you said the Lunar sale may be the reason for it dropping off of the best seller list.
Define poorly; didnt it ship 1 mil copies along with halo 5 ?

They could just do it like Mad Max Fury Road, completely disregard chronology. Who even cares about Lara's origin story?

Edit: I see Grief is still banned, when is he coming back?

Tizoc

Good. While the game is better than 2013 it shares too many of the same issues.
I cant remember much of tr 2013 but yeah it dies leave much to be desired
They should just take the bow and arrow combat and make a game js.ust about that
Maybe even a sniper game xp

zkylon

zkylewd
just burned like an hour playing rocket league

it's pretty fun, i'm pretty terrible at it, the controls are bit difficult for me, idk

Can someone remind what are the DLCs that aren't unlocked by playing in DMC4:SE and that can only be bought? Lady & Trish Costumes right? All the others can be unlocked by playing right?

neonglow

I just started playing Titan Souls. That game is really hard with the one hit deaths. The worst part is spawning far away and having to walk back to the bosses to try again. Game really needs a quick restart button.

Dr Dogg

As someone that has worked in publishing for, fucking hell nearly 15 years, not a day goes by when I don't think this adventure is going to end very soon. I've seen the 2 other companies I used to work for either nonexistant or massively scaled back from the juggernaut they once were but the plucky little spin off upstart I took a chance on is still staying a float.

Sad to see Gametrailers go this fate but the writing has been on the wall for outlets like that since the YouTube boom for video based gaming content. And when that 15 minute restriction came of and Partner status became piss easy to get then competition just ramped up. Granted a lot of it was shit, and still is to this day but as much as we all like to decry that content needs a filter to keep quality high, ultimately the market will decide what's popular and what's not. Though that does create this volatile situation where things are in a constant state of flux but if you keep your content to a high standard, keep your audience interested and produce enough content to keep them coming back regularly and possibly grow your audience then things should be all rosey.

But this is the problem with sites like Gametrailers. The type of quality content these guys produce takes time and ultimately you can't get enough of it up on your distribution platforms to and in a regular fashion to keep an audience coming back day after day, week after week. Podcasts, streams and the like are cheaper to produce and have been good ways to keep people coming back but now everyone and their mum's has a podcast of somesorts so there's even more competition in that space that you need a bunch of hosts, guests or topics/segments that people will keep coming back for.

Although they sometimes had a few errors in them or sometimes didn't cover all the aspects of the series, their Retrospective vids were some of the best video content available from mass media at that time. Only time you'd ever see something which that amount of research or level of polish would be from a Gamasutra post mortem or GDC presentation. But to be able to churn those out in even a decent schedule takes a lot of effort to keep the quality high. Plus nowadays they do have some competition in that field by various YouTubers, some waaaay short of that standard and some folks like SuperBunnyhop with some quality content. And because they're more than one outlet, with many hands they can make light work of various different titles and even topics at the same time. Even the third party stuff they used to host like ScrewAttack's shows, shit like that is all over YouTube.

Sad to see them go, looking back they had a good run but like others have said I haven't been there in ages and probably not regularly since about '08. Wouldn't be surprised to see The Escapists number up in the not too distant future either.

jdw_b

After my Xbone controller woes I mentioned a few pages back, i'm getting a refund.

I'm debating just getting the Wireless 360 controller & Receiver, reward points mean I can get a new one for £20. Any reason why I shouldn't ?

I'm assuming it will work out the box with Windows 10?

Oreoleo

I just started playing Titan Souls. That game is really hard with the one hit deaths. The worst part is spawning far away and having to walk back to the bosses to try again. Game really needs a quick restart button.

Are you stepping on the panels when you arrive in the different areas? The farthest you have to walk to a boss is like 15 seconds, most are around 5-10. It really isn't that big of a deal.

dex3108

As someone that has worked in publishing for, fucking hell nearly 15 years, not a day goes by when I don't think this adventure is going to end very soon. I've seen the 2 other companies I used to work for either nonexistant or massively scaled back from the juggernaut they once were but the plucky little spin off upstart I took a chance on is still staying a float.

Sad to see Gametrailers go this fate but the writing has been on the wall for outlets like that since the YouTube boom for video based gaming content. And when that 15 minute restriction came of and Partner status became piss easy to get then competition just ramped up. Granted a lot of it was shit, and still is to this day but as much as we all like to decry that content needs a filter to keep quality high, ultimately the market will decide what's popular and what's not. Though that does create this volatile situation where things are in a constant state of flux but if you keep your content to a high standard, keep your audience interested and produce enough content to keep them coming back regularly and possibly grow your audience then things should be all rosey.

But this is the problem with sites like Gametrailers. The type of quality content these guys produce takes time and ultimately you can't get enough of it up on your distribution platforms to and in a regular fashion to keep an audience coming back day after day, week after week. Podcasts, streams and the like are cheaper to produce and have been good ways to keep people coming back but now everyone and their mum's has a podcast of somesorts so there's even more competition in that space that you need a bunch of hosts, guests or topics/segments that people will keep coming back for.

Although they sometimes had a few errors in them or sometimes didn't cover all the aspects of the series, their Retrospective vids were some of the best video content available from mass media at that time. Only time you'd ever see something which that amount of research or level of polish would be from a Gamasutra post mortem or GDC presentation. But to be able to churn those out in even a decent schedule takes a lot of effort to keep the quality high. Plus nowadays they do have some competition in that field by various YouTubers, some waaaay short of that standard and some folks like SuperBunnyhop with some quality content. And because they're more than one outlet, with many hands they can make light work of various different titles and even topics at the same time. Even the third party stuff they used to host like ScrewAttack's shows, shit like that is all over YouTube.

Sad to see them go, looking back they had a good run but like others have said I haven't been there in ages and probably not regularly since about '08. Wouldn't be surprised to see The Escapists number up in the not too distant future either.

As i said Viacom destroyed GT in my opinion. They were first to stat cutting things. GT.TV for example was thing where you could get exclusive reveals and gameplay and they cut it because not enough views on Spike or whatever. Then they started cutting stuff like Marcus Beer and Annoyed Gamer show. Then they had awful backend and player and they would upload things on YouTube week later or never. And after all of that they just decided to sell it to Defy. Then Defy never bothered to give GT enough man power to make things that GT made so popular (Retrospective, Timeline, Pop Fiction...).

So now we are stuck watching few quality YouTube personalities that produce quality content but there is no any schedule so you never know when they will publish something else then Let's Play videos. Or we can watch screaming immature people on YT doing stupid things for views (and it actually works).

It is sad time when screaming YouTube personality like PewDiePie earns millions for low quality content (in my opinion) and GT who had genuinely passionate stuff who were professionals and created one of the best videos related to the gaming are gone.

neonglow

Are you stepping on the panels when you arrive in the different areas? The farthest you have to walk to a boss is like 15 seconds, most are around 5-10. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Yes I am. That quick walk just becomes tedious when you keep dying and starting over again.

Monooboe

Yeah really sad to see GT go. Looking their GOTY stuff was always fun and part of my holiday routines. With all that said though, I admit I haven't checked their stuff in months and I actually liked their stuff.

Ban Puncher

Then they started cutting stuff like Marcus Beer and Annoyed Gamer show.

Ain't nothing wrong with giving that blowhard the boot.

Sad to see GT go but they bled nearly all their talent in the last couple of years and publishers just throw trailers up on YouTube. It was going to happen sooner or later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dying Light: Enhanced Edition's launch is such a huge mess:

- The dev tools are now seemingly EE-exclusive
- There's the rest of the disparity between the Enhanced Edition and Ultimate Edition I mentioned earlier
- The Ultimate Edition subs are missing the data depots for The Following
- The Japanese sub for The Following has no apps whatsoever

I could probably go on.

Deques

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition's launch is such a huge mess:

- The dev tools are now seemingly EE-exclusive
- There's the rest of the disparity between the Enhanced Edition and Ultimate Edition I mentioned earlier
- The Ultimate Edition subs are missing the data depots for The Following
- The Japanese sub for The Following has no apps whatsoever

I could probably go on.

Please continue :)

Ludens

Banned
How badly designed is the "feed the cyclop" quest in Dragon's Dogma?
I mean, you need to kill a goblin and five it to the cyclop. Ok, easy right?
No.
The moment you put the corpse on the ground, it vanishes. I tried several times, in the end, frustrated, I tried to launch the corpse the moment before the cyclop actually grabs it and...it worked?
Really?
How to make hard a simple task.

EdmondD

The supported languages for the game seem to only be English, French and Spanish. The second video having the narration in Japanese feels somewhat weird when the game (supposedly) doesn't feature any kind of Japanese support (nor any kind of voiced dialogue?).

I think they are just trying to mess with people. Bit of a mind fuck. Seems to fit the games atmosphere. That's my interpretation anyway.

Haunted

no thoughts on never alone?

• ironic
I liked that. Charming art, passable platforming, doesn't overstay its welcome.

And you really do learn something about a fascinating culture with the interviews/documentary appended to the game.

Monooboe

No.
The moment you put the corpse on the ground, it vanishes. I tried several times, in the end, frustrated, I tried to launch the corpse the moment before the cyclop actually grabs it and...it worked?
Really?

Does it work by grabbing a live goblin and giving that to the cyclops?

Edit: Realized that maybe it's not possible to carry live creatures.

bkw

Play with what you prefer, the game works well with M+KB. It's just that the tutorial is ridiculous.

I personally prefer M+KB in both The Witcher 2 & The Witcher 3.

KB/M all the way for me.

I prefer M+KB for The Witcher 2. I also experienced a bug that made fist fighting QTEs impossible with a controller.
Huh. I guess I should stick with keyboard/mouse a little longer to see if it gets any better. Felts like the game wants you to leave WASD more than typical.

Lain

No.
Really?

It's quite easy, just kill a goblin close by. If you bring one from too far away it will melt as soon as you drop it down.

milena87

No.
Really?

Or just stay in front of the cyclop, it should take it from your hands.
I've read that dropping the goblin almost never works.

Ain't nothing wrong with giving that blowhard the boot.

Sad to see GT go but they bled nearly all their talent in the last couple of years and publishers just throw trailers up on YouTube. It was going to happen sooner or later.

The thing is the "mother company" fired all of the good people slowly. While not everyone liked Marcus Beer, he was honest and usually had his opinion.
Then Michael Damiani was fired, who was, afaik, in charge of the great timeline/retrospective videos.

While no one went there for the trailers, their original content was actually pretty great I must say, especially things like the retrospectives.

I think though that the young gamers nowadays are not really into such content anymore. I mean LetsPlayers, twitch-streamers and the whole "this YT personality could be my friend" LPs are hot.

Arthea

Carp are most common fish in Liberl. I thought you'd like to know.

Also I'm almost sure one achievement in Koi Koi is bugged.

Talking about bugged achievements SC has those too, especially mean is chest count bug.

Another one bugged achievements question. How come people are getting achievements in a game I can't get none, all bugged? I'm pretty sure not all cheat, because percentages differ. That's so odd. Is there any way without cheating to force them to register that I'm not aware of? Talking about Sparkle 2.

Knurek

header.jpg

Game 10: Pony Island - started on 09.02.2016, finished on 09.02.2016 (2:40) - ★★★★★

This will probably be my GOTY 2016
Unless, I don't know, we get FFXII IZJS on Steam this year.
Then it's going to be my 2nd best GOTY 2016.

Carp are most common fish in Liberl. I thought you'd like to know.

Also I'm almost sure one achievement in Koi Koi is bugged.

Talking about bugged achievements SC has those too, especially mean is chest count bug.

Another one bugged achievements question. How come people are getting achievements in a game I can't get none, all bugged? I'm pretty sure not all cheat, because percentages differ. That's so odd. Is there any way without cheating to force them to register that I'm not aware of? Talking about Sparkle 2.
Either SAM, they got fixed, or their triggering condition is glitchy.

I know the master fisher achievement sometimes popped up.
header.jpg

Game 10: Pony Island - started on 09.02.2016, finished on 09.02.2016 (2:40) - ★★★★★

This will probably be my GOTY 2015
Then it's going to be my 2nd best GOTY 2015.

You mean 2016! :p

Ludens

Banned
Or just stay in front of the cyclop, it should take it from your hands.
I've read that dropping the goblin almost never works.

When he tries to grab, as soon as he catches the corpse, the corpse vanishes :|
As I wrote, I solved by dropping the goblin the moment the cyclop tries to catch it.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/405640/header.jpg?t=1453310307[/IMG

This will probably be my GOTY 2015
Then it's going to be my 2nd best GOTY 2015.[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying it, I'm not!
It's a bad month as it is with Dang, Disgaea and Stardew Valley

but damn now I'm even more curious about it.

Wok

The story in Life is Strange is so ambitious for a video game that it is incredible. The life questions asked to the player are kind of some that we can find in The Walking Dead episodes. I feel that this is the reason why I liked TWD so much and found Game of Thrones so dull: what makes the game interesting is what the game brings to my reflection upon societal problems, life questions, choices, and responsibilities.

I am glad the game was in the top 10 of SteamGafGOTY.

Knurek

The Anton one was glitched for me - I was at 12/13 (or whatever it was, just one short of unlocking), and talked to him for the last time in ch8, did not unlock. SAM to the rescue.

Chest is glitched as well, but I had, like 502 out of 522. Probably missed some.
Did not try the Master Fisher, don't care for fishing in RPGs.

Rest of them unlocked with no problems for my run.

Knurek

You mean 2016! :p

Yah, fixed.
Speaking of GOTY 15, Trails SC would not be #1, but sure as hell would make the top 5.

I'm not buying it, I'm not!
It's a bad month as it is with Dang, Disgaea and Stardew Valley
but damn now I'm even more curious about it.

Try asking JaseC if he still has some spare 50% off coupons.
Well worth €3
Just don't google anything about it, best to go in blind. Seriously.

my chest count stopped at 160 something, having moved up even once after, ispite how many chests I open, it annoys me somewhat, I had exactly the same bug in FC, sigh

I don't think it counts the chests opened, just the chest messages - are you sure you read them? Doesn't matter that 90% of them are repeats...

Arthea

The Anton one was glitched for me - I was at 12/13 (or whatever it was, just one short of unlocking), and talked to him for the last time in ch8, did not unlock. SAM to the rescue.

Chest is glitched as well, but I had, like 502 out of 522. Probably missed some.
Did not try the Master Fisher, don't care for fishing in RPGs.

Rest of them unlocked with no problems for my run.

my chest count stopped at 160 something, haven't moved up even once after, ispite how many chests I open, it annoys me somewhat, I had exactly the same bug in FC, sigh

Yah, fixed.
Speaking of GOTY 15, Trails SC would not be #1, but sure as hell would make the top 5.

Try asking JaseC if he still has some spare 50% off coupons.
Well worth €3
Just don't google anything about it, best to go in blind. Seriously.

I don't think it counts the chests opened, just the chest messages - are you sure you read them? Doesn't matter that 90% of them are repeats...
it's #1 and you know it!

nah, I won't be playing it any time soon, may as well wait some.

I read all, I did the same in FC, someone told me in the FC thread that it happens because I started the game day one, before cheevos were fixed, it's probably true for SC too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cth, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-6519D13FE93F01CE - Taken by Ventara. 85 entrants total.

t1455059351z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom