• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Hmmm, well that's good to hear.

I'm quite astonished every time someone say it's a dissapointment. I get that people don't like the whole "do challenges to get upgrades" thingy, but the challenges are fine(outside of motorcycle ones. Fuck the motorcycle controls). The traversal is more fun now with the wingsuit, less jank in general, and the new hook mechanics and physics system is goddamn amazing.

Tizoc

I'm quite astonished every time someone say it's a dissapointment. I get that people don't like the whole "do challenges to get upgrades" thingy, but the challenges are fine(outside of motorcycle ones. Fuck the motorcycle controls). The traversal is more fun now with the wingsuit, less jank in general, and the new hook mechanics and physics system is goddamn amazing.
Sounds like a fun game to just around and explore the world mal in :eek:
Shame my lappy may not be aboe to run it on low >_>;

septicore

Just finished Firewatch in 1 sitting, completed the game in around 3.8 hours.

Kinda felt disappointed with the game at the end, just maybe I was expecting something different or more, can't really say without spoiling it.

Rizzi

Kinda felt disappointed with the game at the end, just maybe I was expecting something different or more, can't really say without spoiling it.

I know what you mean, and I agree with you 100%.

Dsyndrome

Sounds like I'm waiting for a sale for Firewatch; game sounds alright but has the length of Gone Home (not content) for ~$20. I have enough for a while and have to study for five tests anyway.

This last four days were great gaming wise for me.

Switching between Firewatch, XCOM and Shadowrun: Hong Kong mini campaign was gaming bliss for me. It's been awhile since I played this much.

Sounds like I'm waiting for a sale for Firewatch; game sounds alright but has the length of Gone Home (not content) for ~$20. I have enough for a while and have to study for five tests anyway.

Good choice, it's a bit buggy for now anyway.

Eila

Nothing surprising about it
Now is a sales week period s-e likely dont want to risk it being burried under all those discounted titles
As is it may release by march

Hopefully they release it on friday, when the sale ends. I noticed there's a bunch of relases lined up for that day, even though they haven't completely stopped because of the sale, there's just more on that day.
Unless the reason to not release it is something technical, not because of potential lack of spotlight. Then it'd be understandable if it getts pushed back to March.

Annubis

I had a feeling it'd be like that =/

Monooboe

Seeing Firewatch being so short really forces me to wait on a sale. While I really still want to play it, spending that money on a such short game just isn't something I can do in my current situation.

Really enjoying Oxenfree, some of the perspective shifts are really creative. There was one bit that was a bit weird though in terms of two of the characters who seemed super chill suddenly becoming angry with each other LiS style.

Xanathus

Seeing Firewatch being so short really forces me to wait on a sale. While I really still want to play it, spending that money on a such short game just isn't something I can do in my current situation.

The problem isn't so much that it's short but that it also has zero replayability. Also it doesn't help that ending
is a huge letdown that doesn't go anywhere

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Firewatch is one of the few games where I felt it should have been longer - not speaking from a value standpoint, but using an extra hour or two of dialog and setup. There are several plot points which would have benefited greatly from being fleshed out to increase the effectiveness of their eventual conclusions. Some stories can get away with the frantic pacing of, say, Thirty Flights of Loving, and still communicate exactly what they need to. In TFoL's case, there wasn't even any dialog to help deal the hand it wanted to show by the end. Firewatch leans heavily on the dialog between its two characters, which is fluid and performed in a more natural tone than other 'video game' casts tend to, but its final story beats just lack punch.

I will probably roll through it again, playing a drastically different Henry, to see how much of an impact choices make on the journey. The journey in this case being how Henry's attitude causes future actions and banter to frame certain plot points, not direct changes to the game world or anything of that sort. But I don't foresee it fixing some problems which left me feeling like it didn't earn the payoff it really wanted to give players.

I won't call it bad, and I'm reserving making any sort of final judgement until I've had a few days to think it over. But it didn't strike me as the tightly written experience I'd hoped it would be.

I forgot Alien: Isolation was in the February HB Monthly.

ym6a8JT.png

Tizoc

I was thinking about getting one of those FlatOut racing games, anyone know which is the best one to get?
2 is the best one which is what ingot
Keep n mind that the main menu doesnt accept controller input only keyboard
Main races are controller tho so dont freak out about it

Hektor

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The controller was always good, but with the previous update version some people had issues editing profiles.

I watched one of the GAFfers I follow on twitter completely change their tune from frustration with the profile editor tools just days ago to sheer elation when the update dropped earlier. It was an impressive turnaround from "I think I am going to sell the controller and go back to my other pad."

Lingitiz

I watched one of the GAFfers I follow on twitter completely change their tune from frustration with the profile editor tools just days ago to sheer elation when the update dropped earlier. It was an impressive turnaround from "I think I am going to sell the controller and go back to my other pad."

It's had a ton of up and downs for me, but I think I'm finally at the point where it is a mostly super positive experience rather than frustrating. Jumping into Firewatch this morning and having it just work was great. Same goes for XCOM 2 last week, The Witness, and Tomb Raider the weeks before.

accel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (blackcrane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burgers -- MB-9D430E1B85C44839 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-8BDC047A08C29CCA
CortexGear:AngryDroids -- MB-FD598A3F5EDD7260 - Taken by Coldsun. 2 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please! & Ben there, Dan that! -- MB-A2ADC16B45C634A4 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.

t1455091930z1.png

Up to Day 3 of Firewatch and I got to say, it's enjoyable. Not really the OMG hyped game everyone has been professing for weeks so far but it's relaxing, the visuals are appealing, and the back and forth conversations with Delilah is very enjoyable. Looking forward to tackling more "Days".

zkylon

zkylewd
man xcom is so filled with content, it's kind of insane just how much stuff is in it, all these different enemy types and different missions and locations and upgrades and whatnot

it's super impressive

It's region locked.

it's also pretty bad

MUnited83

For you.
man xcom is so filled with content, it's kind of insane just how much stuff is in it, all these different enemy types and different missions and locations and upgrades and whatnot

it's super impressive

it's also pretty bad
Is "fun" spelled "bad" now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom