• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Disappointing is definitely the word for it. The game is absolutely gorgeous but it falls short in both gameplay and narrative IMO. Not bad by any means but I expected something more.

I would definitely tell people to wait until it's on sale.
I enjoyed it for what it is, but definitely underwhelming.

kagamin

I know that car

tumblr_o1r6fhh2Ak1u97ud1o1_500.png

Pachimari

Oh wait, now that you mention a boat, I think I saw a trailer of this when it was first revealed. It looked real interesting. I'm definitely there.

Teggy

So addicted to XCOM...it keeps throwing crazy things at you but keeps giving you new crazy weapons and armor to counter them.

I stupidly decided to go after a story requirement during a timed mission and wound up with about 2 turns left to get into a building and destroy the communications thing. Except I had no grenades left. And when you went into the building it would spawn 2 mutons, a codex, 2 soldiers of some kind and a freaking sectopod. And then shortly after that a reinforcements drop. I tried save scumming a little but I just wasn't geared to make it happen. I did a tactical retreat. Bald guy was mad at me but all my guys survived to fight another day and I still took 3 ticks off the doomsday clock.

I'm certainly not playing ironman but I think I'm striking a decent balance for someone who is mostly an XCOM newb. There are some pretty serious veterans in my graveyard.

By the way, do you need to bring your dead bodies back from missions with evac in order to save their gear? It wasn't explained and I haven't had a chance to figure it out.

Teggy

You do. It's mentioned in one of the tooltips.

Ok, thanks. That's one of my favorite parts of the game. It can make things so tense when you're trying to get someone out before they bleed out and simultaneously trying not get shot in the back. It's like an emotional action movie :)

Salsa

Well this is certainly a thing.

I don't mind this

Daigo is a big part of SF history and at this point even Cacpcom should be paying the dude for promotion (which they probably do)

guy has been showing up on fucking Mangas and I think Anime and shit. He's big in Japan.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who can't lean back on a sofa and sit 3 meters away from the tv when playing games? I have to sit closer to feel "connected" with what I play.

I don't doubt Konami is doing it. The collection is tantamount to porting five separate games (granted, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are a much less daunting task), so it's going to take a while.

While we're at it, they should throw a Castlevania collection or 3 at us.
And a shmup collection or eight including Gradius and Lifeforce.
Throw in some Contra too.

Is diago or w/e the guy that did a perfect block against that chub li 100 kick shit and then pulled of that super godly clutch? Whoever did that is dope.

Tellaerin

Is diago or w/e the guy that did a perfect block against that chub li 100 kick shit and then pulled of that super godly clutch? Whoever did that is dope.

"Chub Li"? C'mon, man, my girl's got some thick legs, but "chub" is harsh. ; )

Seriously, though, yeah. That was Daigo vs. Justin Wong. Epic, epic moment.

Knurek

Thinking of upgrading my PSU from current Corsair 430w to BeQuiet 630w L8 CM.

Anyone has some insight to share? I mainly care about fan noise and so far 430 watts has been enough (even to drive Witcher 3 which had 100% CPU+GPU utilization). Should I be okay, or is BeQuiet best left to CPU coolers? If so, any other PSUs to look for?

AHA-Lambda

...Even at its price point it's mediocre? Okay. Maybe winter sale. It'll be like... 7.49CDN by then, right?

I ruined it for myself because I'll forget eventually, but that's a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the day. Does it look like it'll lead to a sequel?

I paid ~£10 due to Canada but it's still too much to me considering the length, 5-6 hours was a total fallacy, it's about 4 tops.

And I'd say a sequel would be highly unlikely

Is it really Gone Homeish with projecting one atmosphere (creepy horror vibes) and the game being totally not that? If that's the case, may not get it at all.

Just captured a Sectoid Commander in EW, hopefully doesn't take too long to interrogate and train a new psi operative.

Yeah Gone Home is a good comparison there, the second half goes for a much creepier vibe that just doesn't pay off or frankly fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom