• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't bother with 4; it's virtually the same thing under a different coat of paint. Blood Dragon, on the other hand, literally is the same game with a different coat of paint and so, for me, the novelty of it all wore off pretty quickly. Basically, if playing through 3 was a chore by the end, I wouldn't recommend jumping into either.

Funnily enough I really quite enjoyed 4 and thought 3 was basically bollocks. I thought they did a few things different enough like the awesome mini helicoter and the setting was different for it to be more fun.3 had Vaas but I was bored of the setting and the main characters and story was utter utter shite.

But yeah all very similar in style really, I was hoping Far Cry Primal would be more immersive/like FC2 but it basically looks like Far Cry 3 with sticks.

Now watch it be windows store only lol.

Dr Dogg

isn't that an oxymoron?

yeah, no, not buying then, at least not until steamgaf convinces me it's good.

If it was that would imply David Cage games are good :p

And I say that with a Heavy Rain Platinum Trophy and didn't mind Beyond.

Anyway it's probably high time Microsoft chalk the Xbone up to a misstep that sent them catering down the stair and almost broke their neck.

Lain

I don't remember, do we know anything about gameplay of Quantum Break? I only remember cinematic trailers.

All I know is that it's from the Alan Wake people, so it's gonna be disappointing on the gameplay department. Plus it has whatshisname being the lead. Couldn't stand the dude in Smallville.

Arthea

If it was that would imply David Cage games are good :p

And I say that with a Heavy Rain Platinum Trophy and didn't mind Beyond.

Anyway it's probably high time Microsoft chalk the Xbone up to a misstep that sent them catering down the stair and almost broke their neck.
that's not how oxymoron works, you know

I pixel counted it as it was a piece of cake with no AA. You could dump a frame or use a debugger/profiler to find out for certain. There's a couple of free options available and aren't too tricky to use (well providing you know what to look for and don't get overwhelmed by the other options) but a few newer titles are not always guaranteed to play nice with them.

This would be a good time for you to be online on Steam :p

Or just catch me when you are yea?

Digital Foundry uploaded a video on how they do it , they don't use a tool though.

Interesting video but damn that's a dull thing to do.

Ludens

Banned
If you gift a Groupee bundle, can the gifted person increase the BTA and take other games from the same bundle too?
EDIT: Double, please Jshacles use your powers here.

Deques

If you gift a Groupee bundle, can the gifted person increase the BTA and take other games from the same bundle too?
EDIT: Double, please Jshacles use your powers here.

Unless it has been changed, you can not increase the amount after the purchase in Groupees

Dr Dogg

Where's muh Forza and Sunset Overdrive then?

Going by Forza 5 I'd say they were at the wheel at the time (though Horizon 2 is pretty swish). Crying shame that Sunset Overdrive is tethered to one system but same could be said about plenty of other exclusives.

that's not how oxymoron works, you know

Are you making up your own definitions again? An oxymoron would imply a statement with articles that contradict or juxtapose each other creating a paradoxical situation ie a David Cage game being good. But calling Quantum Break a David Cage game but good is taking the framework of said Cagegrams and shown through the lens Remedy's crazy take on the subject matter, ergo not contradictory at all!

I really need to step off my pouncy soap box this morning. Or drink more coffee.

This would be a good time for you to be online on Steam :p

Or just catch me when you are yea?

Well thanks to the unique way my work is at the moment getting home at 4am in the morning and still expected to be back in work at 9am has kind of hit me for 6. But give me a sec lunch is coming up.

Arthea

after I moved so much between my PC and laptop this year, not by choice I must add, I became convinced that steam cloud implementation should be mandatory.
Not only some games doesn't have obvious saves, even finding one can take ages, but even that can be out of the question if your hd dies, for example.
Really, is it that hard to implement?

Are you making up your own definitions again? An oxymoron would imply a statement with articles that contradict or juxtapose each other creating a paradoxical situation ie a David Cage game being good. But calling Quantum Break a David Cage game but good is taking the framework of said Cagegrams and shown through the lens Remedy's crazy take on the subject matter, ergo not contradictory at all!
David Cage game - actually good
classic oxymoron
you can't twist this one

after I moved so much between my PC and laptop this year, not by choice I must add, I became convinced that steam cloud implementation should be mandatory.
Not only some games doesn't have obvious saves, even finding one can take ages, but even that can be out of the question if your hd dies, for example.
Really, is it that hard to implement?

Its not. The only thing the dev has to type in is the default save destination...

Thats why I wonder why Koei-Tecmo cant implement that in most of their titles...

Phinor

Amazing. I hope to see it on Steam, though.

Oh no. I got so excited but wondered why MS would be doing this. There it is, WIndows Store exclusive. I really hope it's not going to happen. I was originally thinking of buying it on Xbox One but if it comes to PC but is Windows Store exclusive, I will likely skip the game completely just to vote with my wallet. I guess we'll see soon enough if the PC release rumour is true and whether it's coming to Steam.

Balthuk

Interesting video but damn that's a dull thing to do.

Well ye but these people do look at framerates and frame variance and whatever else all day, so I guess it's fine for them.
But seriously, computer graphics as a field seem pretty interesting but damn it's a lot of stuff.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if Phil spencer and co are really pushing for PC releases now.

Quantum Break
Gears of War: RE
Halo Wars 2
Killer Instinct
Re;Core

Would be interesting to see even more. I would think at this point the only titles they might want to keep are stuff like Halo and new mainline Gears.

PC version is expected, but that simultaneous release is totally unexpected.
Great news!

It breaks my heart every time I see the store page and it's not released yet. :(

I wonder if Phil spencer and co are really pushing for PC releases now.

Quantum Break
Gears of War: RE
Halo Wars 2
Killer Instinct
Re;Core

Would be interesting to see even more. I would think at this point the only titles they might want to keep are stuff like Halo and new mainline Gears.

Fable Legends
Sea of Thieves

Amazing. I hope to see it on Steam, though.

That's not going to happen. We really need to accept it. Win 10 exclusive is virtually a given for these first party efforts (or second in the case of QB).

Well thanks to the unique way my work is at the moment getting home at 4am in the morning and still expected to be back in work at 9am has kind of hit me for 6. But give me a sec lunch is coming up.

That sounds rough man. I just wanted to chat about random stuff so it can easily wait if you'd rather close your eyes for moment or three or something like that.

def sim

I finished Firewatch the other night. I wish the mystery driving the game forward weren't so contrived, but the conversations between Henry and Delilah were enjoyable and made sticking around easy. Maybe next time Campo Santo can make something a little more grounded.

def sim

Isn't Microsoft having a press event later this month? Announcing day and date PC releases for all their games moving forward would be nice. I've been thinking of getting rid of my consoles and something like that sure would help make my decision.

Jawmuncher

Isn't Microsoft having a press event later this month? Announcing day and date PC releases for all their games moving forward would be nice. I've been thinking of getting rid of my consoles and something like that sure would help make my decision.

Hopefully they can support Cross Play for all their titles.

Ban Puncher

The developers of [BANNED GAME] made a new one about ISIS.

The edge.

awPdFpM.jpg

Hektor

Killing Daesh combatants or killing as an Daesh combatant?

The former.

It takes place in the future when they're invading Europe after conquering the entirety of the middleeast and northafrica.

They call it an "Political Veto against what's happening" according to their site (Whatever that means)

Tizoc

I have been posting in here and the January thread lol So I obviously have a memorable internet face

In fact, I bought Ys: Oath in Felghana on your recommendation I think Tizoc!

Maybe I should post more, or not shit post

Ah i thought your avatar was familiar heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom