• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got off the plane and a catching up with Steamgaf, the comments of Firewatch being another Gone Home are really worrying, because Gone Home really didn't click with me.

Buraindo

Finished Far Cry 3. Not too happy with it, I thought it would be a much better game. Awful story and characters, great graphics, poor audio, mostly good gameplay.

Over 2200 posts now in support for Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PC.

Come on Konami. Stop being assholes and just do it. DO IT!!!!!!

Its inexcusable bullshit for them not to not do it. They are sitting on a gold mine and refuse to take money. Fucking Konami.

I would even be okay if they release them individually for like 20$ a pop. Just release them ffs.
You should know by now that Konami's attitude is mining costs money and doesn't give as good a ROI when compared to whaling (that is f2p mobile), slot machines, spa resorts and whatever else Konami has its fingers in. Even PoS ToS tier ports is too much to expect. Fork Konami.

Rizzi

Over 2200 posts now in support for Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PC.

Come on Konami. Stop being assholes and just do it. DO IT!!!!!!

Its inexcusable bullshit for them not to not do it. They are sitting on a gold mine and refuse to take money. Fucking Konami.

I would even be okay if they release them individually for like 20$ a pop. Just release them ffs.

I mean, yes it would be nice if they did. But asking Konami to stop being assholes at this point isn't going to get results. They don't care.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finished Far Cry 3. Not too happy with it, I thought it would be a much better game. Awful story and characters, great graphics, poor audio, mostly good gameplay.

I wouldn't bother with 4; it's virtually the same thing under a different coat of paint. Blood Dragon, on the other hand, literally is the same game with a different coat of paint and so, for me, the novelty of it all wore off pretty quickly. Basically, if playing through 3 was a chore by the end, I wouldn't recommend jumping into either.

jdw_b

Built my PC 3 months ago now so I thought i'd have a quick look at how many games i've amassed and how much it has cost me..

Steam - 78
Origin - 2
Uplay - 6
An unopened Shadow of Mordor physical copy - ...1

So 87 games

Most expensive game there was Shadow of Mordor for £8, which I basically bought to get over Amazon's £20 free delivery limit

Total spend is ~£75, which is still blowing my mind. I mean, that's 2-3 games on a PS4. Speaking of which, I sold my PS4 last week as since building said PC I hadn't even turned the thing on

I feel like i've unlocked a treasure chest of possibilities. And by possibilities I mean cheap games

PranooY

Just finished SOMA, and boy that game is VERY good.

Frictional has come such a long way. Play this game.
I was thinking of getting this and Banner Saga. But held off on the purchase, coz if its like Amnesia Dark Descent ill end up dropping it sooner or later. I like Amnesia DD, but it was too scary. :(
Built my PC 3 months ago now so I thought i'd have a quick look at how many games i've amassed and how much it has cost me..

Steam - 78
Origin - 2
Uplay - 6

So 87 games

Most expensive game there was Shadow of Mordor for £8, which I basically bought to get over Amazon's £20 free delivery limit

Total spend is ~£75, which is still blowing my mind. I mean, that's 2-3 games on a PS4. Speaking of which, I sold my PS4 last week as since building said PC I hadn't even turned the thing on

I feel like i've unlocked a treasure chest of possibilities. And by possibilities I mean cheap games
Same for me. Its been more than a month since i switched on my PS4.

Arthea

one week till Dang
are you ready for despair, steamgaf?

whatever happened to FF9 steam release? Are they trying to make a PC one look prettier, if yes, I can wait.

Tizoc

Steam - 78
Origin - 2
Uplay - 6

So 87 games

Welcome mate and may i suggest getting falcom's Ys series which are now on sale on steam? Some of the best, durante approved, action rpgs you'll ever play

Lain

BoF 3 finally was released on Vita/PSP digitally here, too bad none of the games have a snowball's chance in hell of being put on Steam.

Give me 4 (because I like the way it looks, the manga was great and playing it on my PS3 is a bit annoying) and 5 (because Dragon Quarter is dope, it has Sakimoto's OST and it's dope) and I'll be content.

Arthea

Give me 4 (because I like the way it looks, the manga was great and playing it on my PS3 is a bit annoying) and 5 (because Dragon Quarter is dope, it has Sakimoto's OST and it's dope) and I'll be content.

4 has a PC version, mine haven't ran well for a long time, on any newer OS actually, but someone in the steam thread said they had no problems with it.
I'd take updated PC version on steam, but that's not gonna happen.

Steam - 78
Origin - 2
Uplay - 6

So 87 games

have you tried clicker heroes yet?

it is more like Library of Alexandria for games with small entry fee.

Buraindo

I wouldn't bother with 4; it's virtually the same thing under a different coat of paint. Blood Dragon, on the other hand, literally is the same game with a different coat of paint and so, for me, the novelty of it all wore off pretty quickly. Basically, if playing through 3 was a chore by the end, I wouldn't recommend jumping into either.

Yeah, I'm not planning to play Far Cry 4 any time soon.
I'll give Blood Dragon a go eventually, but right now the last thing I want is more Far Cry 3.

jdw_b

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Now join us by not playing any of the games you bought and start up a F2P game instead.

Welcome mate and may i suggest getting falcom's Ys series which are now on sale on steam? Some of the best, durante approved, action rpgs you'll ever play

I have been posting in here and the January thread lol So I obviously have a memorable internet face

In fact, I bought Ys: Oath in Felghana on your recommendation I think Tizoc!

Maybe I should post more, or not shit post

ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard.gif

gelf

I'm glad Blood Dragon was the only one I played. I loved it but the gameplay was just on the edge of getting tiresome when I finished it. The bigger mainline games just wouldn't hold my interest especially since they don't have the extra 80s-ness to distract me.

Arthea

I've spent all my groupees coins on Steins Gate, it was worth it to hold onto those coins considering the gain.

Squeenix is busy thinking how they can get dotEMU to fuck up yet another FF PC game.

you think? I thought we already know that it's not dotEMU

Adry9

Just watched Videogamer's preview of the new Hitman and I guess that's yet another game I'm interested on that's coming out in the first half of 2016

Arthea

In case it haven't been posted yet, XCOM2 sold way over half million on steam already
Owners: 574,571 ± 17,576

and Rise of the Tomb Raider over 400K
Owners: 413,697 ± 14,918

I'm not sure what I should think of that, guess I'll have to try it myself.

You should definitely try it for yourself. Other than being in the same genre, I suppose, the two games did not feel that much alike to me. In particular, you are much more of an active participant in Firewatch, and the characters and setting resonated much more with me (the latter probably because the game is not so heavily tied to a particular time and place in American culture). While I enjoyed Gone Home, I enjoyed Firewatch a whole lot more.

Echoplx

In case it haven't been posted yet, XCOM2 sold way over half million on steam already
Owners: 574,571 ± 17,576

and Rise of the Tomb Raider over 400K
Owners: 413,697 ± 14,918

We've had threads on both and I'm sure you can guess how they went.

Arthea

We've had threads on both and I'm sure you can guess how they went.

Threads like that are closed, yes, that's why I haven't seen them.

Why would you buy that JAST bundle, Arty? Couldn't you wait the few months for Steam release?

I might gift it, if steam release is close.
Also how can I say no to Steins Gate, that would be insane.

unrelated: anybody has experience preordering from wingamestore? How fast are they with keys?

Finally finished the Witness. Took me 28 hours but there's still stuff left to do. I cheated about 5 times in the game to check puzzle solutions online. I figure that's not too bad given I ended with over 450 puzzles solved by myself. Absolutely wonderful game start to finish. Videos and screenshots can't do justice to how beautiful the game world is when you're actually wandering inside it. And after a while you also realize how clever the level design is in this gorgeous world that you're exploring. Some puzzle mechanics are better than others but still an amazing experience. Anyone who is interested in puzzle games should check it out at some point.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, is there any tool which lets you check the internal rendering resolution of a game? Like for example when Symphonia came out, how was it determined that it's running at 720p (other than it looked like shit at higher resolutions?)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-088275922BA0B5B4 - Taken by Balthuk
Shattered Planet -- MB-0853AC6748923701 - Taken by texhnolyze

Dr Dogg

Also, on a completely unrelated note, is there any tool which lets you check the internal rendering resolution of a game? Like for example when Symphonia came out, how was it determined that it's running at 720p (other than it looked like shit at higher resolutions?)

I pixel counted it as it was a piece of cake with no AA. You could dump a frame or use a debugger/profiler to find out for certain. There's a couple of free options available and aren't too tricky to use (well providing you know what to look for and don't get overwhelmed by the other options) but a few newer titles are not always guaranteed to play nice with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom