• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if there are any plans to bring The Room 2 and 3 to Steam? I know the sequels haven't been as well received as the first one, but it'd be nice to be able to get the complete trilogy on PC.

Steamspy says the game has sold around 100k units, which seems like a decent amount.

The Room 2 was part of the Steam DB leaks from some time ago, so it'll probably be released at some point in the future. Plus the sub is still relatively active, too, so it's being worked on.

Teggy

OK, I can't figure out how to take a photo in Death to Spies and it's driving me up a wall. It's not in the game, it's not in the manual, it's not on Steam, it's not in any of the videos that people have made of the particular level. I've tried every key on the keyboard (I think?) and still nothing.

edit: and of course I just figured it out. You have to stand in a very specific part of the room. :p

Maniac

Banned
It depends.
- Vive is built for room-based stuff out of the box, Oculus isn't quite there yet, but it's not clear how popular room-stuff is ever going to be.
- Oculus has a slightly narrower field of vision, but slightly less screen-door-effect potential.
- Oculus is *slightly* more comfortable (just in my experience).
- Oculus is $200 cheaper, but the motion controllers won't be available at launch so you're stuck with a X1 controller for the first few months, which is a major bummer, and you'll need to shell out the extra cash once they do come out so that may eat up the cost differential. VR w/o the motion controllers just isn't the same to me, they should be considered a "must buy"
- I think the Oculus motion controllers are a bit better than the Vive's, but it's not a huge difference.

I think there is *zero* harm in taking a "wait and see" attitude with this first round of VR if you're not totally sold on it yet. Especially if you haven't had a chance to try it out personally. If you're not sure, just wait, give it some time to mature, see which platform becomes a bit more dominant, wait for Gen 2 hardware, etc. But if you decide to dive in, either headset will probably serve you fine for a few years. The differences aren't that major beyond the Vive's explicit focus on room-tracking.
Oculus' touch-controllers are definitely the inferior product. They have a lot less versatility and use-cases; especially when you compare the sticks to haptic pads and the squeeze-able grip of the Vive.

Edit: And then there's the tracking accuracy, where Vive and it's controllers win out by a massive margin, especially when taking occlusion into account, which is a huge problem for the Rift, especially if you've not got two IR cameras for a very "hacked"-together setup like some devs have been forced to use.

Jawmuncher

When did Danganronpa come out again? 12K in just a few days for a Anime Adventure game doesn't seem all that bad really. I wonder where it will be in a month's time.
EDIT:It's been out for 4 days. That actually seems like a decent amount. Especially considering I think the game can only be bought from Steam.

It's been a day.
Calm yourself.

technically 3 days and 8 hours

BUY MY BOOK BUY MY BOOK BUY MY BOOK

giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I somehow just lost about 7 hours of time. *cue X-files theme*

The last thing I remember was starting up Just Cause 3 then...

rtcn63

The Vive looks closer to what you'd need to be able to physically make love to imaginary waifus, with the thrusting and such.

...You made it past the first load screen, and it became night time?

When did Danganronpa come out again? 12K in just a few days for a Anime Adventure game doesn't seem all that bad really. I wonder where it will be in a month's time.
EDIT:It's been out for 4 days. That actually seems like a decent amount. Especially considering I think the game can only be bought from Steam.
I even bought it yesterday! Seems really good so far and the localization seems good.

Maniac

Banned
And if we're doing "best soundtrack for SteamGAF" it'd definitely be this. HWU - Bullet

Atleast it's a very appropriate song to explain depression and a good way to point out the fact that people suffering from depression more often than not seem like the happiest, cheerful, most comedic and humorous of people.

Yes I'm hella deep, I'll show myself out.

Maniac

Banned

I know the feeling.

Except for me it's actual, minor amnesiac events.

My doc tells me it's a mix of my pills, my diagnoses and my utter lack of sleep these past two months. But what does he know? It's not like he's educated in these things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So was VHS. Latching onto the superior technology is usually, but not always, the best move. Staying cautious is wise, in my opinion, especially when we're talking about an 800 dollar system.

Right. But Oculus' "full" system will be $700 bare minimum; And that's if we're not doing room-scale stuff, in which case you'd need a secondary IR cam, which they're not offering stand-alone yet.

And that's ofcourse if you expect the two Touch controllers to be $100; whereas I wouldn't be surprised to see a price-point slightly above that.

Ooooh; Double post! Aren't I just a special little snowflake?Sigh. I should get some sleep.

But sleep is for the weak.

goddamn that's really low for a high quality game in a genre that PC pioneered

BUY THE FREAKING GAME SO CAPCOM SEES THE NUMBERS AND PORTS ACE ATTORNEY

Danganronpa will be fine via word of mouth and Steam sales. It was a Vita killer app before it hit PC, and with the MUCH wider consumer base of the latter, I could see it doing very good numbers over its lifetime.

After a lot of googling, trial & error I managed to solve the crashes of Blood Dragon. Thanks dex for directing me towards the right direction. It was Shadowplay causing the crashes. Steam Overlay works just fine. Let's see how much fun the game is. The beginning so far hits all the right spots.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well danganronpa 2 PC is happening even if spike shunsoft wouldn't be happy about the release (Though I think they are fine with it selling like this, porting probably didn't cost too much)

goddamn that's really low for a high quality game in a genre that PC pioneered

BUY THE FREAKING GAME SO CAPCOM SEES THE NUMBERS AND PORTS ACE ATTORNEY

Port Ace Attorney?
This makes me wish I could refund my Danganronpa purchase...

technically 3 days and 8 hours

BUY MY BOOK BUY MY BOOK BUY MY BOOK

giphy.gif

But then you go and use a gif of The Critic... now I don't know what to think.

Vita...killer...app........

449.gif

So many things wrong with this post.

Is Funstock Digital still the cheapest retailer for Dark Souls 3 right now? I was hoping for $40 instead of $60 if possible.

$45 is good but I'm not in a hurry. Surely GMG will offer it for cheap.

Ventara

Hey guys, I have a question. Not Steam related but I figure you guys would know best.

Is there a way on the Youtube app on iPhone to change the settings so that the video will always play on the lowest settings? I've found out the my brother is using up around 8-12GB a day thanks to Youtube, and that's not good on our 300GB/month data cap. I know that once you play a video, you can change the video quality from there, but for the next video, it will again play using the highest quality. Not only is it annoying having to change the quality settings each time, but some bandwidth is wasted each time because the videos will download a certain amount before the quality can be changed. Please help.

Hey guys, I have a question. Not Steam related but I figure you guys would know best.

Is there a way on the Youtube app on iPhone to change the settings so that the video will always play on the lowest settings? I've found out the my brother is using up around 8-12GB a day thanks to Youtube, and that's not good on our 300GB/month data cap. I know that once you play a video, you can change the video quality from there, but for the next video, it will again play using the highest quality. Not only is it annoying having to change the quality settings each time, but some bandwidth is wasted each time because the videos will download a certain amount before the quality can be changed. Please help.
On the official app? There's nothing you could do, might want to try some third party apps.

Ventara

Donkeys are stupid

:(

Donkeys are very strong and intelligent

- A donkey is stronger than a horse of the same size.
- Donkeys have an incredible memory - they can recognise areas and other donkeys they were with up to 25 years ago.
- A donkey will not do something it considers to be unsafe.

It's all true.

On the official app? There's nothing you could do, might want to try some third party apps.

That sucks, but thanks for the info. Will look into the 3rd-party apps.

shockdude

Based on your recommendations, I bought my friend Civ V Complete for his birthday the other day. He's already put 23 hours into it. Whoops.

Corpekata

Banned
Can anyone with Dark Souls 2 Scholar installed let me know if DSR works right for them? It lets me pick the rendering resolutions, but doesn't actually downsample, similar to how Borderless Windowed Games like Unity engine games will let you pick 4k but stay at your native resolution. The game has no native borderless mode, so it's not that, however.

Played it around launch and had no issues with it as far as I recall. Wondering if maybe a recent Nvidia driver is the cause.

tuxfool

Banned
Can anyone with Dark Souls 2 Scholar installed let me know if DSR works right for them? It lets me pick the rendering resolutions, but doesn't actually downsample, similar to how Borderless Windowed Games like Unity engine games will let you pick 4k but stay at your native resolution. The game has no native borderless mode, so it's not that, however.

Played it around launch and had no issues with it as far as I recall. Wondering if maybe a recent Nvidia driver is the cause.

Changing your desktop resolution works for borderless windowed applications. But it is another thing to try regardless.

Souls fans have to have fun somehow.

For instance, I gave Dark Souls a bad recommendation, in true Soulsian fashion.
Expeditions: Conquistador is a lot of fun.

That was to be expected. Great gift :)

Yes, it is.

Expeditions: Vikings should be even better. No ETA yet, unfortunately.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Soulbringer -- MB-3FFCE5DC4863D1DA - Taken by GaussTek

take it

neonglow

I got a hidden object game in a recent giveaway and enjoyed it so I decided to buy the entire bundle from DailyIndieGame. They basically gave 2 sets of keys so here are all my extras. They're short games that are good for a rainy day.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-49CCAFD5E039C35C - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Mind Snares: Alice s Journey -- MB-AA7CA0F6915651E3 - Taken by Costa1774. 7 entrants total.
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek #2 -- MB-4B7BA2DB4929B0A2 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-013576643D47F7B4 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Dark Arcana: The Carnival -- MB-1B4EA0E73FE49749 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren s Call -- MB-A2962BD34972A678 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-8665BE1A5487B817 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.

t1456127758z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom