• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Midnight 02/22 here, sooooooo:
ovrwxl.jpg
Don't clutter the thread, pls.

(if anything is wrong with the key just message and I'll get it sorted).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V -- MB-BE2CBC6FE84CD895 Trivia Question: Who's the most beautiful fighter of the franchise?

t1456203598z1.png

BHK3

Banned
so I wanna use my PS3 with my Moniter so I brought that to my battlestation. My moniter only has one hdmi jack but I can just buy a splitter, but my issue is I have no way of controlling the audio coming from the PS3. What would I do to rectify this? I see speaker sets that are powered by USB but somethings telling me plugging them into the ps3 isn't going to produce any audio.

Yeah, the words Vita, killer and app all in the same sentence.

Well, I suppose you could laugh at that, as the Vita never really had any "system-selling exclusives" in the way of a bloodborne or uncharted 4 (they tried, but the handheld market sucks for the demographic it targeted, at least outside of Japan).

I was more thinking along the lines of dragging the great Bruce Lee's image into an anti-vita mockery post. :p

Backlogger

so I wanna use my PS3 with my Moniter so I brought that to my battlestation. My moniter only has one hdmi jack but I can just buy a splitter, but my issue is I have no way of controlling the audio coming from the PS3. What would I do to rectify this? I see speaker sets that are powered by USB but somethings telling me plugging them into the ps3 isn't going to produce any audio.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40999896

You could just do a headset.

PS3 also has an optical out I think so you could get a small sound bar or something.

Everybody knows it's Vega.

Midnight 02/22 here, sooooooo:

Don't clutter the thread, pls.

(if anything is wrong with the key just message and I'll get it sorted).

Happy birthday Sch1sm! :)

As you can see, I'm not cluttering the thread because I also answered a very important question in the same post :)

I finished Oxenfree last night. It was an interesting experimental game, but I didn't like it as much as others seem to (second time in a row after Firewatch). The atmosphere was pretty good but I felt the narrative wasn't sufficiently compelling at the end of it all. The characters were not particularly likable and whenever they spoke it felt like actors reading out lines instead of people actually talking to each other. I also thought the game was trying to be too many things at once and it never managed to fully flesh out all aspects of whatever they were trying to do.

I didn't dislike the game but I do feel it's just above average. Also the game is 4 hours long (~5 hours if you go for the collectibles). This is not a bad thing as the game doesn't overstay it's welcome but it seems some folks don't like the price to content ratio with these shorter games. I'd recommend checking it out when it's on sale.

Sch1sm

Guys... guys, I've caught a terminal case of Vihugitus, I'm thinking of buy a PS4 in the next couple of weeks instead of a new GPU. pls send help.

What GPU do you have now? If it's less than a 960/970, don't do it. Priorities. Unless you really want to play Sony exclusives. They do have a lot of good titles coming we'll never see on Steam. Remember, though, no online without subbing to PS+. Way more expensive in the long run.

Buy a GPU.

E: I see what you did there, Kurt, thanks. <3

Turfster

Guys... guys, I've caught a terminal case of Vihugitus, I'm thinking of buy a PS4 in the next couple of weeks instead of a new GPU. pls send help.

Are there more than 4 PS4 exclusives you're interested in/is your bluray player broken?
Then go for the PS4.
Otherwise, it's not worth it.

What GPU do you have now? If it's less than a 960/970, don't do it. Priorities. Unless you really want to play Sony exclusives. They do have a lot of good titles coming we'll never see on Steam. Remember, though, no online without subbing to PS+. Way more expensive in the long run.

Buy a GPU.

I have a 7850 at the moment, I was thinking of getting a R9 390. I was just going to get a Blu-Ray player originally but I've kind of got it in my head that I should get a PS4 to kill two birds with one stone as a BR player would be kind of redundant if I eventually got a PS4 anyway. There are quite a few games on PS4 that I would like to play (made a list, about 25-30) so there's that.

Are there more than 4 PS4 exclusives you're interested in/is your bluray player broken?
Then go for the PS4.
Otherwise, it's not worth it.

Yup about 25-30 games, and I was planning on getting a Blu-Ray initially as I don't have one now and the family's been wanting one!

yuraya

Beast of an idea breh!

Honestly tho both PS4 and X1 are overdue for a revision. Plus a new Nintendo console is coming later this year. I don't think now is a really good time to buy any console. Later in the year will probably be smarter time to do it. Especially with possible price drops and slimmer versions etc.

Honestly tho both PS4 and X1 are overdue for a revision. Plus a new Nintendo console is coming later this year. I don't think now is a really good time to buy any console. Later in the year will probably be smarter time to do it. Especially with possible price drops and slimmer versions etc.

Hmm, you got a point.

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought of checking out the the witness ot

i'd say around 60% of the content of the posts is spoilertagged lol

nevermind then

Lain

SAO is trash, like your waifu. :p

z6Ib.png
Hey Jazz, I got something for you
y6Ib.png

For some reason, some challenges on Hitman BETA wouldn't stick after starting new runs of the final test. I killed the target as a soldier, the challenge updated, next run I killed the target as a security guard, the challenge updated, next next run, the soldier challenge is gone and only the security guard kill stuck.
Also got a runtime error that advised me to do an integrity check of the files, but that didn't find any problems. Weird.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-49CCAFD5E039C35C - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Mind Snares: Alice s Journey -- MB-AA7CA0F6915651E3 - Taken by Costa1774
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek #2 -- MB-4B7BA2DB4929B0A2 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-013576643D47F7B4 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Dark Arcana: The Carnival -- MB-1B4EA0E73FE49749 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren s Call -- MB-A2962BD34972A678 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-8665BE1A5487B817 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.

t1456127758z1.png

AHA-Lambda

When did Danganronpa come out again? 12K in just a few days for a Anime Adventure game doesn't seem all that bad really. I wonder where it will be in a month's time.
EDIT:It's been out for 4 days. That actually seems like a decent amount. Especially considering I think the game can only be bought from Steam.

For a VN that doesn't sound too bad I'd guess, compared to numbers like Higurashi

Corpekata

Banned
Danganronpa peaked at like 1500 users today. It's actually gone UP every day since release. That's insane for a VN on Steam. Like, it dwarfs all the other ones. It's doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom