• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC gaming must be doing alright if even broken ass and feature incomplete SFV has about 100k sold in its first week.

In terms of return on investment it's probably laughably bad compared to Dragon's Dogma. But yeah the game just came out basically in an early access state, the numbers after the big march and june updates will be more meaningful.

honestly you make the game sound better by comparing it to the new TR games.

In terms of return on investment it's probably laughably bad compared to Dragon's Dogma. But yeah the game just came out basically in an early access state, the numbers after the big march and june updates will be more meaningful.

they likely knew this game hasn't going to hit as hard as SFIV and decided to get their hands dirty with all of the fight money stuff to make up the difference

Nzyme32

Somehow I missed this - Devil Daggers

[Trailer] I haven't had this feeling of Doom since Doom. And that sound design is just impeccable!

PCGamer's best run

sigh

Are you making a thread? :p

vrgdc2015 implies this is all last year stuff btw

Ha naah, I'm not getting involved with that. My thoughts are that this is mostly the same as from way back with GDC etc being referenced. It likely doesn't mean much other than Valve was doing stuff at some point, so it's not really news, hence my sarcastic exclamation.

Nope. It never occurred to me reading the books of the franchise. You're onto something. How much do the games deviate from the books anyway?

I dont think they deviate much at all. Unlike GoT, the games really respect the books and follow them in certain parts almost to a fault.

Like the Witcher 1's opening cinematic is literally one of the first stories in the witcher books.

Ha naah, I'm not getting involved with that. My thoughts are that this is mostly the same as from way back with GDC etc being referenced. It likely doesn't mean much other than Valve was doing stuff at some point, so it's not really news, hence my sarcastic exclamation.

lol I made one just in case, with the premise that this isn't probably noteworthy :p

Endruen

I envy you, congratulation on this! I'm gonna get myself a 4TB HDD as well in May probably.

I wanted one a long time ago. I have two 1TB HDD aside from the 4TB and they had around 100Gb of free space altogether.
It is being a pain, though. My library hasn't finished moving to the other HDD yet, and for some reason there are a few filees that refuse to move. I will check if I can fix it.

Backlogger

I envy you, congratulation on this! I'm gonna get myself a 4TB HDD as well in May probably.

I bought a big hard drive a couple years ago and don't regret it. About half of it right now are all the movie files for my Plex server (which I really need to move to some kind of NAS, I would be devastated if that drive ever failed) and the other half are Steam games though.

The only thing I would change is now that the costs are down I will probably jump on 500gb SSD deal for gaming. Been seeing a lot of deals lately and am getting close to grabbing one.

I'm finding that on a lot of newer games its helping a lot with performance. Right now I only have a 128gb SSD so I only have room for 1 game at a time.

I really wish I had gotten my beta code for buying Hitman from Amazon. Can one keep playing the beta until the full game's release or is it limited?

I got two codes and never used the other one if you are interested in it. Not sure if it still is redeemable or not.

Wozzer

My body is ready.

NDwdj5M.png

My wallet is not.

tumblr_m0amp4Nji41r3ty02o1_500.gif

Mr. Orange and Turfster each have probably had an aneurysm from all the screens of "VR ready" and "achievement milestones".

Mr. Orange, Turfster, please post if you're okay.

Mr. Orange and Turfster each have probably had an aneurysm from all the screens of "VR ready" and "achievement milestones".

Mr. Orange, Turfster, please post if you're okay.

Someone should make/post a list of all the people who have submitted VR ready screens.

Better, make 3 lists. One for all, one for people ready, one for people who aren't. Optionally, lets do a 4th list for people who are ready but are not monetarily ready.

And let's do a 5th list for people who are doing a barely veiled attempt at shilling PSVR by asking seemingly innocuous questions about PC-focused VR that increasingly ramp up toward a conclusion that never actually comes.

Tizoc

honestly you make the game sound better by comparing it to the new TR games.

they likely knew this game hasn't going to hit as hard as SFIV and decided to get their hands dirty with all of the fight money stuff to make up the difference

You're overthinking in the wrong direction.
The Concept of Fight Money was done already in Guilty Gear Xrd, MvC2 and UMvC3.
Consider that SF5 released with the following-

Regular arcade mode where you fight 7 opponents then the final boss (you'd do this 16 times to see each character's current story prologue)
Survival mode

If it had THAT there would hardly be much complaining.

This begs the question then: WHy didn't they go with a regular arcade mode style for the 'Story' mode? What happened during development that such a feature, such a standard simple feature was not implemented?
The fight money thing is easily resolved by earning it at the end of completing a character's story mode. Because as I wrote various games before SF5 did the Figh money concept

You're overthinking in the wrong direction.
The Concept of Fight Money was done already in Guilty Gear Xrd, MvC2 and UMvC3.
Consider that SF5 released with the following-

Regular arcade mode where you fight 7 opponents then the final boss (you'd do this 16 times to see each character's current story prologue)
Survival mode

If it had THAT there would hardly be much complaining.

This begs the question then: WHy didn't they go with a regular arcade mode style for the 'Story' mode? What happened during development that such a feature, such a standard simple feature was not implemented?
The fight money thing is easily resolved by earning it at the end of completing a character's story mode. Because as I wrote various games before SF5 did the Figh money concept
I know the fight money stuff had been around but Capcom is using it with the Zenny stuff to make money. I'm not even complaining about the strategy so much as acknowledging this as their monetary crutch for SFV

Mivey

Do you think FFIX will release this month? This year?
I'm guessing it's already "done", but now SE has send it to Q&A. They are known for quality PC titles, and making sure it runs well on all kinds of PC and has the kinds of features their loyal PC fans appreciate.

Either that or someone has forgot to press the "release" button. The next fiscal year starts on April, so once they realize FF IX has 0 sales on PC they will check up on it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sch1sm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V -- MB-BE2CBC6FE84CD895 Trivia Question: Who's the most beautiful fighter of the franchise?

t1456203598z1.png

dex3108

Today, The Division Beta ended with a major achievement: with more than 6.4 million players joining The Division, this beta is now the biggest beta ever for a new game brand on current generation platforms!

On average, players spent an average of 5 hours as activated sleeper agents journeying through The Division’s open world. With 2 average hours spent in the Dark Zone and almost 50% of players going rogue, you demonstrated your love for The Dark Zone, The Division’s unique and challenging player-versus-player environment. Fun fact: over 63 309 800 contaminated items were successfully extracted out of the Dark Zone.

We’re very grateful so many of you tried the game and started to take back New York City ahead of the game’s release on March 8th. Thanks so much to the millions who joined The Division’s Beta, we hope everyone enjoyed playing the game as much as we enjoy making it. See you early March in New York City, Agents!

- The Division Dev Team

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-239628-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars Indie Jam Bundle - Super Mix

From super heroes to heavy metal villains, charge up your Steam library with 10 death-defying games for only $1.99 in the brand new Indie Jam Bundle - Super Mix!

Death Goat
Pixel Star
Gateways
Albert and Otto
Bernie Needs Love
Towers of Altrac - Epic Defense Battles
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
Hektor
The Defenders: The Second Wave
Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/indie-jam-bundle-super-mix

Majukun

ok..let's try the steamVr thingy..i should be ok though..at least i was for the oculus one

edit:wait..how does that trivia thingy work in the street fighter givewawy?

well, because there's a possibility that book readers will not have closure at the rate that GRRM is producing them.

The show is fine, it has moments where they miss the mark but it's not garbage, at least not yet. I'll admit that last season was the weakest of the seasons yet, though you have to wonder how much of that has to do with them treading water while they wait for GRRM to stop Full Metal Alchemist-ing them.

Also, how bad is the TT game really? I haven't played it yet but i do have it sitting in my backlog.

The show is great, it has low points just like every show but few shows have blown my mind as often as GoT.

Nope. It never occurred to me reading the books of the franchise. You're onto something. How much do the games deviate from the books anyway?

The games are a direct sequel to the books.
Of course they're not considered canon by the author but they do a great job, especially considering the unsatisfying conclusion the last book gave us.

Check the OP of the community thread for everything you need to know:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989969

We put a ton of work into it but the mods decided to move it to community on the very day it was posted which of course worked out great.

dex3108

Mining the Aperture Robot Repair VR demo by SteamDB

Earlier versions of this app (still Aperture Robot Repair back then, before it was moved) had quite a bit of interesting stuff. This was likely Valve's testing ground for messing around with VR in Source 2. We've listed some of the interesting things below.

Most of the content covered in this post has since been removed from the current version of the demo. We however managed to get our hands on an older version of the demo and shared these files with our friends over at ValveTime, so be sure to check out their coverage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom