• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

degsZD8.png

Wooo

Yea, the Hitman Beta still works offline. I'm still figuring out when and where to poison drinks. You can do it to a mechanic to send him to the bathroom and suit him.

Saty

What the heck is going on? Going for the next page browsing GAF and suddenly music\audio starting to play by itself, sounds like a an ad. The speaker icon appeared and i muted it so the source is definitely the GAF tab.

I just got it again opening this reply page to post this.

Looks like Valve hates my PC for some reason:

Why is my GPU worse than yours? What the hell is going on here?

Oh, wow, that's odd.
Maybe yours is clocked at a lower frequency (e.g. if you've messed with MSI AfterBurner or something like it, or if the card is overheating), or you are running outdated drivers?

Looks like Valve hates my PC for some reason:

Why is my GPU worse than yours? What the hell is going on here?

Someone in the thread had a similar issue, restarted the test and then got in the green.

also Jeep Barnet of Valve posted:

Q: Same builds, different results?

A: Could be anything from background processes to air temperature. Also, try setting your nVidia performance settings from Adaptive to Prefer Maximum.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A boy and his blob -- MB-9E5F289007B0A170 - Taken by fallout. 46 entrants total.
Happy birthday Sch1sm I'm not cluttering the thread

t1456185182z1.png

BorntoPlay

I'll start. Instead of an i5-4690K, I got a non-K 4690. I deeply regret it. Would have cost me only a measly 20€ more. CPU OC is fairly simple and safe to a certain extent and I feel dumb having given up free* extra juice.
Never bought a CPU off the used market, so I'm not optimistic on selling mine in the future for a compatible K version i5 or i7.
Regret.

I'm lucky, I upgrade to a I5-6500 non-k Skylake processor and can be overclocked anyway...

Lain

HMB is the new PSN+, - the free games and paying to play online.

Joking aside, I don't know how to interpret the move.
Monthly is doing well but they want more people to join, so the discount is their way to entice more people to join.
They're seeing numbers drop, so the discount is a way to add value to keep people aboard.
Numbers aren't growing and the discount is a way to get fence sitter to jump in.

In the end, is good for the people that are subbed and use their store to purchase on the regular.

HMB is the new PSN+, - the free games and paying to play online.

Joking aside, I don't know how to interpret the move.
Monthly is doing well but they want more people to join, so the discount is their way to entice more people to join.
They're seeing numbers drop, so the discount is a way to add value to keep people aboard.
Numbers aren't growing and the discount is a way to get fence sitter to jump in.

In the end, is good for the people that are subbed and use their store to purchase on the regular.

Perhaps the more steady / predictable monthly revenue thanks to subscribers is worth a slight decrease in a more variable revenue from people who use the Humble Store.

Dsyndrome

First PoE fight that genuinely kicked my arse.
(lord of the castle in Ch1)

Good thing I still have some main quests to resolve in the chapter, I should be able to bring everyone to lvl 5. Fight should be more doable by then, I guess.

He is a bitch, best just to kite that whole group.

Volimar

I actually found a fallout 4 settlement I didn't know about. Too bad the quest (and settlement itself) to get access to it is glitchy as hell.

cyba89

Humble Monthly buyers now get 10% off all humble store purchases?

Oh no. I unsubscribed a few days ago. Would have liked to get the new Walking Dead game for a bit cheaper.
I guess you can't resubscribe at no additional cost, right? I already payed for the current monthly with ARK.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Curious whether I should subscribe to the bundle. Either way, I've been buying excess games from BST thread. Works well for me.

So did the open beta of The Division change anyones mind on the game? I sat this one out, but was close to being sold after the Closed Beta. Not sure if they're will be enough content to justify the price tag for me right now.

That and waiting on a deal.

Teggy

Undertale a meme?

That's mean.

Wait, that avatar isn't a League champion?

In other news, do you guys ever get into a mood where you just like to start new games? I love starting new games and going through tutorials and watching intro cinematics and stuff.

Currently I am playing (just on PC, let's not get into everything else, uh oh):
1. Van Helsing Final Cut
2. Death to Spies
3. Company of Heroes
4. Brothers in Arms

and I'm still thinking about what other game I could start tonight. I am actually making progress across all these games which is a change, but it could tip over into a mess of unfinished backlog at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom