• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends
how are you

My stomach is acting strange, too much spicy dishes these days, I guess.
And I don't know what to play until the 8th of March.

So did the open beta of The Division change anyones mind on the game? I sat this one out, but was close to being sold after the Closed Beta. Not sure if they're will be enough content to justify the price tag for me right now.

That and waiting on a deal.

I could play The Division beta content all week, and the full version will have way more content than that. Iirc, there'll be 12 missions in total, with 3 different difficulties for each. Moreover, they'll be keep updating the content for free in the future after release.

Teggy

So did the open beta of The Division change anyones mind on the game? I sat this one out, but was close to being sold after the Closed Beta. Not sure if they're will be enough content to justify the price tag for me right now.

Well, this was my first time playing it and I went from, "I really don't know what this game is about" to "day 1".

AHA-Lambda

Finished Danganronpa now, loved it ^_^
I'll be there day one for the sequel!

Now, to wait for SUPER HOT on Thursday

I'm intrigued but will wait on reviews to see if it's a worthwhile experience solo.

Ozium

why isnt super hot coming to steam

I mean it is allegedly coming to steam, but the game is out soon and there's no store page?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the last update to Pillars of Eternity? I feel like all of the knowledge I had about the mechanics in that game was rendered completely useless and irrelevant 6 patches ago.

Finished Danganronpa now, loved it ^_^
I'll be there day one for the sequel!
Now that it's over, answer me this: is Kirigiri the best girl? y/y

degsZD8.png

Wooo
AgqgbOW.png

The difference... why?
I'm lucky , I upgrade to a I5-6500 non-k Skylake processor and can be overclocked anyway...
I'm gonna need you take a seat and have a little talk with me....

You should be fine unless you update BIOS lucky guy ;)
How did I miss this? What did I even watch?
Yup, the lush jungle looks awesome. Dear Leader is always good to take first-person shooter info from.

Endruen

Don't you mean Danganronpa Zero? If is just an alternate timeline included with Danganronpa 2, no?

They're different. Danganronpa Zero is a prequel to both games. Danganronpa If comes with Danganronpa 2 and it's a "what would have happened".

bigzgod

Don't you mean Danganronpa Zero? If is just an alternate timeline included with Danganronpa 2, no?

Yeah, I thought it contained the part about Makoto's day before receiving the letter but I confused that with something else. It's just an alternate timeline shoot-off.

Nzyme32

why isnt super hot coming to steam

I mean it is allegedly coming to steam, but the game is out soon and there's no store page?

It's in SteamDB apparently, they are just being slow about it I think. I backed the Kickstarter and they still say the Steam Version is coming.

Eternia

I wish there were more anime tactics games on steam, disgaea is coming but I already played that on the psp : (.
Not an RPG but for what it was, I really liked War of the Human Tanks. Played out on an hexagonal grid battlefield with turn-based actions however actual sequence of turns are determined in real-time. You'll get access to a variety of units that fulfill different roles but the health of your units is based on how many spaces they occupy on the field. Early on you'll rely on a balance of scouting, close-range and long-range artillery units but certain late-game upgrades are ridiculous and will probably change how you'll play. It's a little quirky and fun game overall.

Now that it's over, answer me this: is Kirigiri the best girl? y/y
Yeah, Kyoko felt like the best character for me.

Jawmuncher

Not an RPG but for what it was, I really liked War of the Human Tanks. Played out on an hexagonal grid battlefield with turn-based actions however actual sequence of turns are determined in real-time. You'll get access to a variety of units that fulfill different roles but the health of your units is based on how many spaces they occupy on the field. Early on you'll rely on a balance of scouting, close-range and long-range artillery units but certain late-game upgrades are ridiculous and will probably change how you'll play. It's a little quirky and fun game overall.

I can back this up. War of the Human Tanks is FANTASTIC

Finished watching Every PS1 game in one 2-hour video
earlier today. As a predominantely PC gamer without having any console ever, I was interested in what I might have missed out, what to look for to play on PC etc.
Surprisingly the list of somewhat interesting games is very short. Would love to watch the exact same format of the PS2.

Khronico

3.01 patch notes are up for Pillars of Eternity. Anyone else doing a new playthrough now that WM2 is out and the game is ostensibly complete?

I don't own the expansion but I'll definitely do a second playthrough in the near future. I missed a bunch in my first playthrough so I want to explore the world more and do the quests I missed out on.

rtcn63

So I'm like two rooms away from finish Dead Space 2 on Zealot (replay). I would've died a lot less if I started purchasing power nodes and ammo earlier in the game, and if I wasn't hesitant to use health/stasis restoring items. I pretty much didn't do any of that or upgrade my rig until the last five chapters. As for weapons, it's been the javelin and seeker almost exclusively (in the second half), with the contact beam during elevators etc. because the upgraded alt fire is is a damned life saver when you don't have any points in stasis.

Still, I feel the enemy placement is cheap. It does that dead island thing where enemies will regularly appear behind you, not giving you enough time to react unless it was your second time through the room, so you'd know the script. This is particularly bad with exploding enemies.

I want to replay Dead Space 3, but I remember hating so much of it. The rock-climbing sections, how the side missions ended with you taking on waves of enemies, just being slammed against the wall chewing up health packs because fuck you that's why. And the new weapon system actually gives you fewer variations, since in DS2 you can carry four weapons, each with a possible alt fire (so up to eight).

header.jpg

Dokuro

I bought it during the Lunar Year sale just knowing it was a platformer and based on the art style. Talking about the artstyle, it looks like a draw on a chalkboard.

It's a puzzle platformer with 10 short levels in each area where you need to help the princess travel until the end of the level, while solving puzzles and taking care to her not die in the environment or by enemies. The gameplay mechanics are simple, and you can understand them without much thought because the complexity rises as you progress through the areas. I'm currently in the fourth area and the puzzles are starting to become more complex.

I don't talk much about technical aspects of games because of how old my laptop is, but the options on this game are a bit lackuster, I didn't found a way to rebind the keys and there wasn't many graphic options besides chaging the screen size. Albeit these problems I'm still enjoying my time with it.

kurahador

Also is the school mode worth playing?

It's ok but kinda tedious as you'll have to repeat it at least 3 times. But it is the only way to max social level with everyone and get full achievements.

Ended up buying Disgaea PC, now I just have to wait.

PSA about Disgaea: the best part of the game is post-game contents, so just enjoy the storyline on 1st playthrough and only grind when it's necessary. Story is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom