• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Disgaea PC settings:
Svo2XP8.png
About all the game needs really.
if I was gonna buy this game I now wouldnt buy it cause of that PC font
I love it, reminds me of a older time of PC games.
Disgaea PC only using numbers 1-8 for Gamepad buttons, ew. Hope someone mods in Xbox buttons as soon as possible.
Was that confirmed? Seems odd to not do xinput these days

Anyone still remember Grim Dawn?
The last big patch before the release version is out now.
[Major New Features]
  • Voiceovers have been added for all major quest NPC dialogue.
  • A mighty earthquake has erupted in the land of Old Arkovia. Mountains collapsed into the world's crust; new rivers formed; and ancient ruins were revealed. Players who previously explored this region may need to rediscover the Twin Falls riftgate.
  • Achievements are now unlocked.
  • An animated cinematic now introduces new characters to the world and story of Grim Dawn.
  • New tutorial tip system. The old tutorial window has been removed and is now part of the Codex window (quest log/etc).
It's a huge list. Lots of changes on game system, buff & nerf on classes, more at the link.

Disgaea PC settings:
Svo2XP8.png

The game has DoF and SSAO? Wow.

Jawmuncher

Just finished GFR. Took me about 6-7 hours to beat it. Really enjoyed my time with the game. The writing was great and there were lots of funny moments. The character's played a big part in making the game so enjoyable. Even the side character's whom you never see again leave a bit of a lasting impression.
I still found more than quite a few of the puzzles to be a bit much. Using that really odd adventure game logic where you probably wouldn't know how to do it. Unless you were using a guide (Like I did when I got stumped), or just clicking all your items on everything.
Still I would say it's worth a play to anyone in the mood for a good story and/or is in the mood for something relaxing to play. I know the game goes on sale for under 5 now, and is even currently in this bundle for less than 3 dollars.

Thanks to Rhaknar for the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylon obviously hates fun.
i'm more like

ambivalent :>

SUPER. HOT. is like someone looked at Max Payne and thought "How about we throw all that nonbullettime garbage out?". How can one not be excited for that?
huh

everything about max payne is awesome

except the exploding diner

what's this mean -___-

Speaking of Undertale, I just finished the pacifist route of that the other day. It was pretty cute and the soundtrack was great. I liked how, you know, no one had to die. It was pretty interesting and sometimes difficult to figure out how to spare people. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I didn't get spoiled on some things like the plane and the sexy robot, but I thought it was alright.
Poor Asriel
though.

Anyway, I'm never going to do a genocide run, so I consider it beat.
yeah only evil ppl do genocide run

Just finished GFR. Took me about 6-7 hours to beat it. Really enjoyed my time with the game. The writing was great and there were lots of funny moments. The character's played a big part in making the game so enjoyable. Even the side character's whom you never see again leave a bit of a lasting impression.
I still found more than quite a few of the puzzles to be a bit much. Using that really odd adventure game logic where you probably wouldn't know how to do it. Unless you were using a guide (Like I did when I got stumped), or just clicking all your items on everything.
Still I would say it's worth a play to anyone in the mood for a good story and/or is in the mood for something relaxing to play. I know the game goes on sale for under 5 now, and is even currently in this bundle for less than 3 dollars.

Thanks to Rhaknar for the game.
yeah some of the puzzles were absolute bullshit

i went through it again not long ago and even after beating it a bunch of times i had to use a guide for a couple puzzles

also why the fuck every fucking have has to have fucking spiders in it god fucking damnit

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
3.01 patch notes are up for Pillars of Eternity. Anyone else doing a new playthrough now that WM2 is out and the game is ostensibly complete?

I've been replaying it recently. I haven't made it to the new areas from the expansion yet. The main difference that I've noticed so far is that there are some new side quests for the stronghold, which makes it feel more connected with the game's world.

Kifimbo

Already had these three:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops and Viking: Battle for Asgar -- MB-55A9C43182F5214A - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1456195503z1.png

Doomedfool

3.01 patch notes are up for Pillars of Eternity. Anyone else doing a new playthrough now that WM2 is out and the game is ostensibly complete?

I've had the game since release and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I just need to scrape together my nickels and dimes to buy the expansion pass, and then I can go through the whole thing.

Since the infinity engine games are some of my favorites (BG2 being my favorite crpg), I have no good excuse why it's been sitting in my backlog.

For some reason, they sent me only the Last Stand Tau Commander DLC with a link to the Steam page for it, which has a download button - but I get an error when I click on the DL button, presumably because I don't have the base game.

if you don't have the base game you can't do the DLC for it

and the offer was just for DLC...not the actual game

neonglow

For some reason, they sent me only the Last Stand Tau Commander DLC with a link to the Steam page for it, which has a download button - but I get an error when I click on the DL button, presumably because I don't have the base game.

I got my Tau Commander DLC email around 4:30PM and the Round 3 email about 2 hours later.

kinda worried I might not get a key for MWNL round 3. It sounds like if you selected the dlc first, you won't get the round 3 prizes. Might just me being over reactive.

Ok, no big deal I guess, it's the thought that counts.

yeah...

overall they gave away Binary Domain, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage II, Renegade Ops w/ DLC, Gunstar Heroes, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Jet Set Radio, and Hell Yeah w/ DLC for free along with that DoW II DLC piece

There's 2 emails you should receive. One is an email about the DoW II DLC and a second email with a key giving you the Round 3 games.

I hope I didn't mess up the procedure. When I tried to enter for 3rd round, I got a message in that site that I was already subscribed. I got the free DLC for more than 3 hours now and still no Round 3 email.

Backlogger

I might take another go at it. It really wasn't clicking for me other than the story. Wasn't really into the gameplay. I think I was playing on normal though. Was thinking of trying again on easy maybe with a different build for my main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom