• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh shit. Steam Sharing Family member has SUPERHOT

U2q7LO5.gif

Phawx

Good times for the Factorio devs. They had the game available only through their website for the longest time and now that userbase is getting Steam codes.

Over 400 positive reviews and many from people that put in over 100 hours into the game. Love the comments, "uh Steam says you played for 6 hours"

Anyway, I enjoyed Factorio over two years ago. You guys should def wishlist it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
that game was less than 2 hr long
thats sad

Individual completion times will differ based on player skill, but, they did warn players a year ago that the target was 2-3 hours for the campaign, with additional meat coming from the endless modes.

gwrAwcb.png

Doesn't Salsa try to game on the equivalent of a toaster oven? For some reason I thought he had an older card/cpu, but I could be mistaken.

The only thing toasty about it is all that dust clogging up the fans.

Soulflarz

Banned
Short for $9.50

Lol at the ending
with the aftercredits giving you a link to a coupon for 15% off superhot to shill your friends

er, now for the nonspoiler version
beating the game gets you 15% off the game for friends

Anyone want that?

Finished ROTTR. That won a writing award? Jesus.

Combat was so much easier than in TR13 from what I can remember. I never had issues with any ammo, even the special stuff, for any weapons. By end game, flame/poison arrows just decimate just about anything.

wut

2 gig 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.4ghz

Yeah, but how much dust?

Dsyndrome

Disappointed by everything that went down with lashman over the last week, although I respect his decision to do as he wishes. Going to be a hit to the community for sure.

Only saw glimpses on Gaming, is the xbox.steampowered.com amounting to anything or is it wishful thinking?

Thanks Mr. :3

I noticed, only because we're friends on Steam. :p

Disappointed by everything that went down with lashman over the last week, although I respect his decision to do as he wishes. Going to be a hit to the community for sure.

Only saw glimpses on Gaming, is the xbox.steampowered.com amounting to anything or is it wishful thinking?

I noticed, only because we're friends on Steam. :p

Someone in another thread mentioned it was from a HL2 port or somesuch, referenced in an unreleased(?) manual.

It's nothing.

Dsyndrome

WRT the new Deponia coming out, who's beaten all of them that they're anticipating the next one? I like it although I've not beaten the first one, but curious who's looking to Day 1 the game?

The parallel I'd offer is Book of Unwritten Tales 2. I bought and beaten the original and the expansion on GOG, then bought the next one on Steam, but I can't find myself to finish/progress whatsoever, not sure what it is. Looking at Steamspy, more folks have bought this game than Trails SC.

Can't say I'm unhappy for these kinds of sequels being made, but eventually I'll need to look at when/if I'll actually play them compared to the previous entries in the saga.

I gotta believe that they just put the game out at the absolute worst time with the least amount of press, the game is quality from everything I've heard.

Vlad

I think I found my new obsession. This looks like a game that I will be completely engrossed by the mechanics.

header.jpg

This video does a good job on introducing the game and the mechanics quickly. (Don't have to watch the entire video).
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT_Qc5DIEg

Yeah, I remember trying the free demo years ago and they've definitely added a huge amount since then, from the looks of it. What really helps is the level of polish that everything seems to have. I've had FortressCraft Evolved sitting in my inventory forever, and even though it seems like the sort of thing I'd like, the hideous UI and general presentation is just too much of a turn-off.

Eila

WRT the new Deponia coming out, who's beaten all of them that they're anticipating the next one? I like it although I've not beaten the first one, but curious who's looking to Day 1 the game?

The parallel I'd offer is Book of Unwritten Tales 2. I bought and beaten the original and the expansion on GOG, then bought the next one on Steam, but I can't find myself to finish/progress whatsoever, not sure what it is. Looking at Steamspy, more folks have bought this game than Trails SC.

Can't say I'm unhappy for these kinds of sequels being made, but eventually I'll need to look at when/if I'll actually play them compared to the previous entries in the saga.

I gotta believe that they just put the game out at the absolute worst time with the least amount of press, the game is quality from everything I've heard.

If you get around finishing Deponia you'll want to play the next one instantly.
The games were meant to be a trilogy from the beginning, so I'm not sure what we'll get from the newest one in terms of plot.
As long as the newest game remains high quality I should eventually be playing it. Not at launch, though.

Deponia has some of the most off-putting art and humour that I've ever seen... ever. It's like the Borderlands of adventure games.

The Blackwell games, though? Now there's a great series.

Don't misspell his name on purpose.

Exactly.

wasn't aimed at anyone specifically if that's what you mean?

iashy is a cool guy that definitely doesn't deserve any of the shit he's got

No, I mean you're talking about being angry with people who are mean to lashman, but then you turn around can call him that when he absolutely hates it and it's one of the things people bullied him with in here to make him stop posting the first time before he came back as lashbot.

--

The Humble Weekly needs to drop down below $4 again so I can grab the BTA tier.
It was at $3.96 or lower a bit earlier, but I was running late and had to step out before I could buy it. When I got back, it had raised back up over $4. :\

Dsyndrome

Exactly.

No, I mean you're talking about being angry with people who are mean to lashman, but then you turn around can call him that when he absolutely hates it and it's one of the things people bullied him with in here to make him stop posting the first time before he came back as lashbot.

I understand that zky considers it a term of endearment (much like calling a brother fuckass) but it can and does have an effect on folks that was not intended.

zkylon

zkylewd
uhh i didn't know it was such a pain point, we call each other iashy and zyklon all the time

edit: i may be the exception or whatever, idk, whatever, my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom