• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love having to pay more to use Creative Cloud. Such a consumer-friendly model, that Creative Cloud.

Guacamole > Salsa

I tried guacamole once as a kid and didn't like it. I should probably give it another shot someday. Tastes refined over time or some shit.

Like how I think I prefer Cool Ranch over Nacho Cheese now.

The Order was a bog standard third person shooter, theoretically if it had an endless mode people still wouldn't have been interested.

Super Hot has some unique and compelling mechanics, that argument is predicated upon people wanting to play indefinitely.

Have you actually played The Order? Or is this more of your "I saw a general consensus online and accepted it as fact" shenanigans?

you can say the same thing about Devil Daggers

except that game is $5

Or Rocket League?

Obligatory.

Oh Salsa, my Salsa...

Ugh. Worst. "Meme". Ever.

Stealth SFV slam!

SFV's survival mode is pretty much endless, so I'm not seeing how this really works as a slam. I'm not sure if the hard/impossible ladders go higher than 30 matches, but with normal sitting at 30 matches to complete, SFV survival mode is pretty much "endless mode".

Reminder.

I'm getting much more usage out of this clip than I ever imagined.

Hahaha. I forgot about this. Thanks for the laugh.

EdmondD

Anyone willing to trade a $15 steam game gift for Superhot off Nuuvem? You buy Superhot for $10 on Nuuvem and I will trade you a steam game worth $15. I don't have paypal and have steam wallet to burn. PM me if interested.

Messiah

Rhythm games on Steam? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

image.php

I think so, but where do we get the wrench and the trombone.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
SFV's survival mode is pretty much endless, so I'm not seeing how this really works as a slam. I'm not sure if the hard/impossible ladders go higher than 30 matches, but with normal sitting at 30 matches to complete, SFV survival mode is pretty much "endless mode"..

The last difficulty is 100.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I agree they can take their time. But you must admit that it sucks a bit to see them working on many projects since HL2 Ep2 and ignoring every question about HL3 (or whatever is called) for 8 years. Any update would be nice even if they don't want to do another HL game, story conclusion in video, comic or even blog post would be nice. I would love to see new game from Valve no matter what it is (new IP or game from established franchise, Portal 3 wink, wink).

I can understand the frustration from Half-Life fans, but at the end of the day, Half-Life 3, although it has its roots in Episode Three, is an unannounced game. I wouldn't say Valve is ignoring questions; it's that people have stopped asking, or when they do ask, it's either more of a joke because "lol it sure has been long huh" or a desire for Valve to categorically confirm either the existence of Half-Life 3 or the cancellation of Episode Three. AusGamers asked Lombardi if there'll be another Half-Life back in 2011 and he responded with a resounding "Yes"; as far as I'm aware, nobody has asked Valve that question since.

yuraya

Replaying DS2 and yea Shrine of Amana continues to be the most annoying place in the game. You can't even rush/run through it because all the freaking mobs chase after you at super fast speed while you are slowed down by the water. Plus those asshole priestess that shoot homing mana missles at you. Ughh so frustrating. The first place on my replay that actually gave me a hard time. Only way I got through it is by taking my time n putting everyone down individually. I think FROM made this place even more difficult in SOTFS.

Lomax

Why are so many of you on the beta client anyway?

It would make sense for a lot of the people in this thread to be using the Beta client, if ever there was a group of Steam "power users" it would be here. That said, I had enough issues (and got sick of frequent updates) that I opted out of the Beta a while back.

If I got one dollar for each time I had to restart Steam and apply an update I'd have enough to buy Valve itself.

Until someone actually posts "False, the actual number of updates since 20xx is $xx, so you couldn't buy it".

I've been using the Beta client since forever, can't remember when I changed to it.

FLD

It's so sad that Disgaea PC got all that hate because of STEAM's beta API. I hope people go back and change their performance reviews.

It looks like at least some people have. It's at mostly positive right now and I'm pretty sure it was at mixed yesterday. I really hope they can turn this launch around because it doesn't look like NISA was at fault here. :/

They're clearly serious about getting into the PC market so it would really suck for their first release to suffer from this.

Echoplx

It's so sad that Disgaea PC got all that hate because of STEAM's beta API. I hope people go back and change their performance reviews.

Well considering this is like the only game that has performance issues because of the Steam API I'd say the more logical conclusion is the developers fucked up.

Messiah

It looks like at least some people have. It's at mostly positive right now and I'm pretty sure it was at mixed yesterday. I really hope they can turn this launch around because it doesn't look like NISA was at fault here. :/

They're clearly serious about getting into the PC market so it would really suck for their first release to suffer from this.

They sure seem like it.

Good to see people taking the platform seriously and not going with least effort ports like Koei-Tecmo.

Well considering this is like the only game that has performance issues because of the Steam API I'd say the more logical conclusion is the developers fucked up.

It wasn't the only game. Recently if you were on the Steam beta, you couldn't boot up Downwell at all. The only way you could play it is if you reverted back to the stable client. During that time, moppin was concentrating on the Android release and then finally updated the game to work for the Beta client.

Hopefully NISA fixes this issue immediately and maybe advise some reviewers to go over their stance on the game because of that issue.

EDIT: oh and #killtheprinnies

Replaying DS2 and yea Shrine of Amana continues to be the most annoying place in the game. You can't even rush/run through it because all the freaking mobs chase after you at super fast speed while you are slowed down by the water. Plus those asshole priestess that shoot homing mana missles at you. Ughh so frustrating. The first place on my replay that actually gave me a hard time. Only way I got through it is by taking my time n putting everyone down individually. I think FROM made this place even more difficult in SOTFS.

Nah, there's definitely worse places, but Shrine of Amana is definitely handled best with a cautious approach... like most of the game is if you don't want to die every 2 minutes.

Y'know, or you could totally just be like Daft Bob:

https://youtu.be/Fvd6flYxQW8?t=2602

Ozium

Came home from buying weed to see a friend gifted me Devil Daggers...

I am playing it and it is like every time I die I just instantly restart.

Except for this time because I came to write this.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game shows up on the search and shows price but as soon as I click it it sends me back to the main store page lol. Oh well not like I was going to buy it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom