• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Still playing '13 Tomb Raider

Fuck it, this game is gooood. Tombs are a terrible, one puzzle affair. But headshotting with a bow is awesome

I'll definitely be picking up ROTTR when I have some spare cash

Also realised yesterday that since building my PC back in November I haven't touched my ps4...so ive put it up for sale
Tr 13 isnt that good really
But yes the best thing about it is indeed the bow and arrow

PranooY

Hi Steam-gaf,
My bro Lashman have been pushing me to come by and get involved with steamgaf, for a while now. He is always like - this is the best thread/community in gaf. So here i am. :)

tumblr_inline_nhl12tWiTn1rd64yu.gif

Any ways I was primarily a console gamer for the past 3-4 years. I recently bought a decent enough gaming PC, since i had a huge backlog on steam which i had accrued since i hadn't stopped buying stuff on steam sales or from Humble bundles etc (in the last 2-3 yrs), even tho i wasn't playing on PC. Also steam adding my currency which made most games really cheap, helped the transition.

I recently beat Rise of the Tomb Raider and Oxenfree, both of which i really enjoyed a lot. And am now planning to get into The Witness.

I see a lot of familiar faces (Avatars hehe) here with whom i regularly interact on twitter, So thats cool. Raydio, Se7en, ETDP, Jaw, Kriken, Spirited, Johnny, Dejan, Brau, Al, Leaf - Hi guys.

Hope im cool enough for this thread. ;)
Any ways Im Pran and my Steam ID is pranooy. So feel free to add me.

Ban Puncher

guys

holy shit

what i'm about to say is going to get me banned

but it has to be out in the open

i personally enjoy star wars battlefront despite its flaws

hXggMl2.gif

Hi Steam-gaf,
My bro Lashman have been pushing me to come by and get involved with steamgaf, for a while now. He is always like - this is the best thread/community in gaf. So here i am. :)

Any ways I was primarily a console gamer for the past 3-4 years. I recently bought a decent enough gaming PC, since i had a huge backlog on steam which i had accrued since i hadn't stopped buying stuff on steam sales or from Humble bundles etc (in the last 2-3 yrs), even tho i wasn't playing on PC. Also steam adding my currency which made most games really cheap, helped the transition.

I recently beat Rise of the Tomb Raider and Oxenfree, both of which i really enjoyed a lot. And am now planning to get into The Witness.

I see a lot of familiar faces (Avatars hehe) here with whom i regularly interact on twitter, So thats cool. Raydio, Se7en, ETDP, Jaw, Kriken, Spirited, Johnny, Dejan, Brau, Al, Leaf - Hi guys.

v84lzty.png

Endruen

Hi Steam-gaf,

Welcome! I hope you like anime (and I can tell you do, because of your avatar)!

Hi Steam-gaf,

Hi Pran! Welcome aboard! :D

jdw_b

Tr 13 isnt that good really
But yes the best thing about it is indeed the bow and arrow

Yeah I mean, the game has serious flaws. But the shooting mechanics actually make me look forward to horde mode enemy encounters...even with the Molotov spamming

dex3108

Hi Steam-gaf,

You don't know what have you done XD Welcome.
Yeah I mean, the game has serious flaws. But the shooting mechanics actually make me look forward to horde mode enemy encounters...even with the Molotov spamming

Horde mode is next DLC for RotTR.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hi Steam-gaf,

Hello!
Hope you enjoy your time with us.
Will send you a friend request when I wake up.

Deques

Hi Steam-gaf,

Great, there are two lashbots now :D

Messiah

Hi Steam-gaf,

Lashman bringing in the new blood. Welcome on board, enjoy your stay and don't mind the puncher.

Lashman living up to his tag. :)

Hi Steam-gaf,

Welcome aboard~!
Don't worry. If you love anime, then you're as cool as everybody else here.

Hi Steam-gaf,

Welcome, hope you like your stay.

dex3108

Mafia 3 concept art is beautiful but i want to see more gameplay. Damn you 2K show something :(

What is the best software to run DualShock 4 on PC? Are there any native compatible DS4 games that don't need softwares?

I am using DS4Windows and it works without issues. And Most of the new Ubisoft games support DS4 and you don't need any software.

PranooY

Lashman bringing in the new blood. Welcome on board, enjoy your stay and don't mind the puncher.
Great, there are two lashbots now :D
Hello!
Hope you enjoy your time with us.
Will send you a friend request when I wake up.
You don't know what have you done XD Welcome.
Hi Pran! Welcome aboard! :D
Welcome, hope you like your stay.
Thanks Guys.
giphy.gif

Welcome! I hope you like anime (and I can tell you do, because of your avatar)!
Welcome aboard~!
Don't worry. If you love anime, then you're as cool as everybody else here.
tumblr_nb9kkz1TJR1rbrys3o1_500.gif

Hi Steam-gaf,

Welcome! lashman is the best ambassador anyone could hope for :)

Arthea

I take 1/3rd what I said about Koi Koi back, don't get me wrong it's a good game, but it has no save file and doesn't support steam cloud... So there is no way to move it to any other PC, unless starting over. There is not much to save only stats, but still

welcome to the madhouse, PranooY

You can always copy the whole folder to the other PC.

doesn't work either
I don't remember ever seeing something like this

Endruen

I take 1/3rd what I said about Koi Koi back, don't get me wrong it's a good game, but it has no save file and doesn't support steam cloud... So there is no way to move it to any other PC, unless starting over. There is not much to save only stats, but still

You can always copy the whole folder to the other PC.

Adry9

Hi Steam-gaf,

Hey Pran! Added you on Steam

The lack of time to play has been really frustrating for me. So many new releases I want to check out and I'm still trying to finish games I've been playing for months with no end in sight.

Arthea

The lack of time to play has been really frustrating for me. So many new releases I want to check out and I'm still trying to finish games I've been playing for months with no end in sight.

Only way to get over that is not to dwell on it, just play what you want, I'm fairly sure that even if we've been playing games 24/7, there is no way to catch up, and most of us play only couple of hours a day. I admit that choosing what to play is hard, very hard sometimes, but there is no way around it.

That means there's some hidden folder somewhere that keeps the progress. It's the only possible explanation.

thought about that either, no luck.
basically, there is no way to find it, at least I don't see how.

Got a similiar problem. Got plenty of game time during the evenings, but:

Prison Architect
Massive Chalice
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone
The Witness
XCOM2
Firewatch.

And I'm starting to get a bit interested in Deserts of Kharak. And have Divinity: Original Sin and Endless Legend through Steam share.

Play what I want is an advice I often get, but thing is, these are games I want to play.

Pachimari

Am I safe if I use my credit card with a vpn? I'm about to buy The Sims 4 on the Mexican Origin store but can't use Paypal for some reason.

Welcome aboard! Great avatar, and I just added you on Steam. :)

Probably late to the party, but whatever.

This game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/313630/

Will hit Steam early access february 18th.

Thanks for this. I didn't have it on my wishlist, and it looks real interesting.

Eila

Am I safe if I use my credit card with a vpn? I'm about to buy The Sims 4 on the Mexican Origin store but can't use Paypal for some reason.

Paypal is also disabled on mexican Xbox Live.
Wanted to get free Witcher 2 a few days ago but it would only accept my card directly. I think putting it on paypal is risk enough for me.

Arthea

I wouldn't do that, because of course it's not safe.
but then again, I'm paranoid cautious and many people use VPN seemingly without problems, or they all lie, you choose what to believe.

Paypal is also disabled on mexican Xbox Live.
Wanted to get free Witcher 2 a few days ago but it would only accept my card directly. I think putting it on paypal is risk enough for me.

*high five*

Only way to get over that is not to dwell on it, just play what you want, I'm fairly sure that even if we've been playing games 24/7, there is no way to catch up, and most of us play only couple of hours a day. I admit that choosing what to play is hard, very hard sometimes, but there is no way around it.

I usually don't dwell on it but when I go several days without making any significant progress, combined with the fact that the games I'm playing are gigantic and there's a constant stream of new releases I'm interested in... Frustration becomes pretty much unavoidable.
I don't have the illusion that I'll be able to play everything I want but even when I narrow it down as much as possible it's still overhwhelming because of time constraints.

Prison Architect
Massive Chalice
The Witness
XCOM2
Firewatch.

And I'm starting to get a bit interested in Deserts of Kharak. And have Divinity: Original Sin and Endless Legend through Steam share.

Play what I want is an advice I often get, but thing is, these are games I want to play.

Yeah.
It's especially bad when you're into rpgs.

gelf

I could see a lot of potential for an open world tomb exploration game that was driven primarily by exploration. You could even have the entire game be one giant tomb system, with metroidvania aspects. Like a third person La Mulana. Could actually be pretty amazing.

Haha. Sure, take out the combat and the endless repetition and you'd have something similar to what I had in mind.

Damn you guys, I'm really craving a game with Tomb Raider 1 level design and platforming crossed with a Dark Souls like gated open world now. I imagine getting it right would be pretty damn hard because of the massively greater agility a Lara like character has over a "I cant pass this chest high wall" DS character, but if it worked then that would be exactly the direction I'd have liked TR to go.

Extra marks if that game let you climb to the highest point and then fall to your death and watch as you plummet all the way down through multiple areas until hitting the ground in Tomb Raider Blighttown equivalent.

milena87

Hi Steam-gaf,

Welcome! Always nice to see someone new.

So last night I started The Witness. Pretty cool so far. There's one puzzle that yesterday I couldn't figure out, but I was thinking about it earlier at work and tonight I'll see if my solution works.
I love these type of puzzles.

patapuf

Prison Architect
Massive Chalice
The Witness
XCOM2
Firewatch.

I have similar problems. Exept i make it worse by then deciding to read gaf, or play hearthstone or dota, until i've decided what i want to play.

Ludens

Banned
After I'll beat Talos I'll take a break from puzzle games and maybe games in general.
I mean, three years so far, I'm only playing rpgs and puzzle games (including point and click adventures). I need to mix them up the next time because sometime I boot my PC, I look at my installed games and I get disgusted (right now I have installed Talos+DLC, Evoland 2, Lisa, Stories of Bethem, Grimrock 2 and this one requires so much attention and patience I won't start it for a while, Elliot Quest (I tried it but pad support is simply awful, I want something to remap buttons because it's unplayable for me right now), Mars War Logs, Crypt of Necrodancer, Dreamfall Chapters, Dragon's Dogma, MGSV and Fallout 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom