• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Dr Dogg

Stallion Free's Month in Review: January 2016 Completions

Yeeeessssss! Glad these are back and thanks for going to the effort to write something about each of them.

I do get the feeling I'm more collecting the LEGO games rather than any intent to play them these days. Then again I used to play them with my niece when she came round but that hasn't happened in ages.

Guess I better bump Oxenfree to the top of the wishlist, sounds like something great to get absorbed in from yours and others folks impressions.

The one thing that always went on inside my head when deliberating picking up JC3 was 'but have they improved the mission design and story delivery' but reading through your impressions it sounds like it's got worse.

I too bought ZombiU for the WiiU and still have it sealed but even after being hyped up by some folks on GAF as a Souls inspired game but bought it again on PC and despite the hype I was actually pleasantly surprised. Technically is nothing special (in the graphical sense) but aesthetically it's got a lot going on and can clean up nicely on PC with a bit of debanding here and AA there.

milena87

After I'll beat Talos I'll take a break from puzzle games and maybe games in general.
I mean, three years so far, I'm only playing rpgs and puzzle games (including point and click adventures). I need to mix them up the next time because sometime I boot my PC, I look at my installed games and I get disgusted (right now I have installed Talos+DLC, Evoland 2, Lisa, Stories of Bethem, Grimrock 2 and this one requires so much attention and patience I won't start it for a while, Elliot Quest (I tried it but pad support is simply awful, I want something to remap buttons because it's unplayable for me right now), Mars War Logs, Crypt of Necrodancer, Dreamfall Chapters, Dragon's Dogma, MGSV and Fallout 2).

Try Dragon's Dogma è_é

I'm kidding of course, but yes, try to either take a break or start a game from a different genre.
I personally can't manage more than 2-3 games in a row from the same genre.

Arthea

I continue being out of touch completely, as with the SUNLESS SEA, Firewatch doesn't say me to play it, it also says me nothing, what's not a bad thing, seeing how this month turned out to be.
And what's even more funny nobody seem to care about Stardew Valley, aside of Panda and me. I'll talk about it regardless, with myself.
let it be good, let it be good, let it be good

in other news I failed my first investigation in Black Closet and lost 7! reputation points. That's kinda harsh, for a beginning of a game, I mean.

Ludens

Banned
Try Dragon's Dogma è_é

Eh, I know Dragon's Dogma is good (I beat it in like four days, no side-quests done, no DLC island, basically story only when it was free on Plus before my sub expired), the fact is this time I want to 100% it if possible, including all sides and optional contens. But I even know doing this will require a LOT of time :(

derExperte

The Logitech G810 keyboard looks very nice, actually - minimalist and practical.

Not sure how the Romer-G keys stack up against the tried and true Cherry MX ones (anyone tried them?), so I'd probably be a bit wary of purchasing sight unseen... but this looks on face value to be a viable alternative to the likes of the Corsair K70.

What kills it for me and makes the K70 superior is the missing wrist rest. Also the absurd European price but that will go down quickly.

garath

The Logitech G810 keyboard looks very nice, actually - minimalist and practical.

Not sure how the Romer-G keys stack up against the tried and true Cherry MX ones (anyone tried them?), so I'd probably be a bit wary of purchasing sight unseen... but this looks on face value to be a viable alternative to the likes of the Corsair K70.

That keyboard looks pretty damn hot actually. I've never heard of romer-G keys either though. But being that it is Logitech, might see it in a best buy or something soon. Would be able to try it out.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hi Steam-gaf,
My bro Lashman have been pushing me to come by and get involved with steamgaf, for a while now. He is always like - this is the best thread/community in gaf. So here i am. :)

tumblr_inline_nhl12tWiTn1rd64yu.gif

Any ways I was primarily a console gamer for the past 3-4 years. I recently bought a decent enough gaming PC, since i had a huge backlog on steam which i had accrued since i hadn't stopped buying stuff on steam sales or from Humble bundles etc (in the last 2-3 yrs), even tho i wasn't playing on PC. Also steam adding my currency which made most games really cheap, helped the transition.

I recently beat Rise of the Tomb Raider and Oxenfree, both of which i really enjoyed a lot. And am now planning to get into The Witness.

I see a lot of familiar faces (Avatars hehe) here with whom i regularly interact on twitter, So thats cool. Raydio, Se7en, ETDP, Jaw, Kriken, Spirited, Johnny, Dejan, Brau, Al, Leaf - Hi guys.

Hope im cool enough for this thread. ;)
Any ways Im Pran and my Steam ID is pranooy. So feel free to add me.
Welcome, I also just finished RotTR btw.
You post so little on gaf so I didn't think you would come in here :p

Arthea

What kills it for me and makes the K70 superior is the missing wrist rest. Also the absurd European price but that will go down quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by will go down, G910 is about 200€, G410 - 150, and G100 series are still at 80€ and mostly sold out, not available anymore.

milena87

Eh, I know Dragon's Dogma is good (I beat it in like four days, no side-quests done, no DLC island, basically story only when it was free on Plus before my sub expired), the fact is this time I want to 100% it if possible, including all sides and optional contens. But I even know doing this will require a LOT of time :(

Yeah, it can also be quite frustrating at times. It'll certainly take a while to complete.

Oh, but when you do decide to play it, let me know your pawn name. I'll bring him/her to farm Daimon and do some shopping.

Arthea

why exactly you get so much better prices than me?
rainywindow.jpg

not that I would buy newish model anyway, just shocked somewhat

edited: now when I think about, I've never seen any good logitech deal here ever, at least when I need to buy something there are literally no discounts.

edit2: just checked GPU prices out of curiosity, almost as bad, not much of a difference.

Dr Dogg

Germany have generally been one of the cheaper countries in Europe for PC hardware over the years. In part because a lot of companies European operations are based there and that it's a country with great import/export infrastructure that even still lots of stuff channels through there. I usually order stuff on Amazon.de as even with having to pay for postage (if Amazon extended Prime benefits to different regions that would be some super serious value there) stuff for the most part works out cheaper and half the time comes from the same distributions warehouses anyway. Praise the German [Insert national animal here (is it an eagle?)].

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, it can also be quite frustrating at times. It'll certainly take a while to complete.

Oh, but when you do decide to play it, let me know your pawn name. I'll bring him/her to farm Daimon and do some shopping.

Ok, to shorten up a bit the game you could lend me an overpowered pawn too, I won't get offended :p
I'm playing on Easy anyway XD

milena87

Ok, to shorten up a bit the game you could lend me an overpowered pawn too, I won't get offended :p
I'm playing on Easy anyway XD

Ahahah, well, her name is Lana. A ranger right now and she's around level 165, I don't recall exactly.

I'm actually trying to get her some decent armor (in both looks and stats). That's why I'm going to farm the BBI bosses. I don't really care about my character outside of weapons, but my pawn needs the best!

Thief doesn't work with DS4Windows I wanted to try the lightbar feature that get bright when exposed and gets dimmer when hidden like on PS4, well the game doesn't even detect DS4 to start with, let alone that feature. Is it possible to get DS4 exact programmed features on other games with DS4Windows like on PS4, i.e: the lightbar feature I mentioned or the codec radio from the speaker in MGS5?

Arthea

Germany have generally been one of the cheaper countries in Europe for PC hardware over the years. In part because a lot of companies European operations are based there and that it's a country with great import/export infrastructure that even still lots of stuff channels through there. I usually order stuff on Amazon.de as even with having to pay for postage (if Amazon extended Prime benefits to different regions that would be some super serious value there) stuff for the most part works out cheaper and half the time comes from the same distributions warehouses anyway. Praise the German [Insert national animal here (is it an eagle?)].

It makes sense, I guess, also there are buying powerz to consider, most of people here can't afford so expensive keyboards, so what's the point in discounting them? Nobody will jump on 100€+ keyboards, discounted or not.

Amazon.de tried to charge me for delivering insane fee couple of times, so I never consider them, at least I can order from UK for no extra transportation fee, not that I like your prices much too with several small exceptions.

After another stressful and very unrewarding start of the week at work I decided to cheer me up a bit.
I bought Firewatch, Oxenfree and The Witness.

I should be set for a while.
Sorry to hear. Hope it all works out soon and you can go back to a more relaxed work environment.
Junior Member? Now you better be careful or it could be perm-ban easily.
Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was slightly less shit than Tomb Raider 2013, if this trend continues the series might actually be good 10 years from now.
I think you're the first one here sharing pretty much my opinion on TR13.
giphy.gif

Hi Steam-gaf,
My bro Lashman have been pushing me to come by and get involved with steamgaf, for a while now. He is always like - this is the best thread/community in gaf. So here i am. :)
Hope im cool enough for this thread. ;)
Any ways Im Pran and my Steam ID is pranooy. So feel free to add me.
Welcome PrannooY. I remember you.

brau

After beating RotTR i am not sure what i want to get into. I'll probably start Xcom this weekend. I think most games i am now excited for have a march release. I am pretty sure i am forgetting some this month tho.

I see a lot of familiar faces (Avatars hehe) here with whom i regularly interact on twitter, So thats cool. Raydio, Se7en, ETDP, Jaw, Kriken, Spirited, Johnny, Dejan, Brau, Al, Leaf - Hi guys.

oh hi!!!

Pachimari

I'm stuck in The Witness, 12 minutes in... Anyway, so when I look at what I am currently playing, these games pop up:

• Yakuza
  • The Witness
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Life Is Strange
  • Oxenfree
  • Marvel Heroes 2016
  • Final Fantsy XIV
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • FIFA 16

I admit, that I have put Resident Evil: HD Remaster and Undertale on the backburner for now. And here I am thinking of starting up Cities: Skylines again. Too many games.

Pachimari

While I were out and about, I actually had a moment where I thought about the panel I were at, and how to figure it out, and I think I have come up with a solution, or rather, seen it in a gameplay walkthrough before release. Something like I have to separate the white and black boxes with the line.

Oh you... ;)

I hate games that make me feel stupid.

All games make me feel stupid.

Well...it's going to get harder.
How encouraging. Thanks for the motivational speech. /s

Hi Steam-gaf,

Hi PranooY! So.. Cake or Pie?

Stallion Free's Month in Review: January 2016 Completions
Lego Jurassic World

Verdict: Pass.

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Verdict: Hard pass.

Oxenfree
Verdict: Check it out. Play it if you are in my Steam Family™ and liked LiS.

Don't agree with your opinions on Lego Jurassic World except for using audio from the movie. I hated it in Lego LOTR. Also I generally like the visuals of the open world more as everything looks like it was built from Lego Bricks where as the game levels try to make places look realistic. I DO agree with your take on Lego StarWars III. Might be the worst TTgames Lego title. That or Lego Indy 2. I really want to check Oxenfree out.

Meh... I would consider it. I need a new keyboard and I have a mild itch for The Division but those keyboards and prices aren't doing it for me.
Logitech needs to update their gamepads. The F310 is coming up on being 7 years old and it was a slight redesign of the Dual Action gamepad which was replaced after only 5 years.

Well Jase was right we will see another Assassins Creed game set in Renaissance XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p96mhUCv3o

You know.. I had it in my head that I would be able to catch up on the Assassin Creed games this year....

Wow, X-Com 2 already has a 20€ DLC pack adding a new class and...customizations. For 20€.

Well they only have one platform to support so its easier to get started earlier on that stuff.

ok SteamGAF I need a couple opinions:

Tell me about Saints Row IV. Is it worth it? Is it entertaining?

What do you think of Steam's game Magic Duels? Is it a glorified MTG Hearthstone?

Why do I like Pizza?

Saints Row IV isn't as good as III but its still really good. Probably the best Superhero game on the PC that isn't a Batman game.

I hate card battle games with a passion.

Pizza is love, pizza is life!

Ludens

Banned
Ahahah, well, her name is Lana. A ranger right now and she's around level 165, I don't recall exactly.

I'm actually trying to get her some decent armor (in both looks and stats). That's why I'm going to farm the BBI bosses. I don't really care about my character outside of weapons, but my pawn needs the best!

Lol. I tried to re-create Geralt, but the result was a senile man with one foot in the grave.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
How encouraging. Thanks for the motivational speech. /s

You'll pick up what you're supposed to do after awhile, I'm super stuck at a few puzzles which I just decided to skip for later and came back and did first attempt then.

Really good game but a bit hard for me.

brau

I'm stuck in The Witness, 12 minutes in... Anyway, so when I look at what I am currently playing, these games pop up:

• Yakuza
  • The Witness
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Life Is Strange
  • Oxenfree
  • Marvel Heroes 2016
  • Final Fantsy XIV
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • FIFA 16

I admit, that I have put Resident Evil: HD Remaster and Undertale on the backburner for now. And here I am thinking of starting up Cities: Skylines again. Too many games.

i just started Yakuza 2!

so far its been awesome. Which one are you playing?

the 27 minutes i spent with Braid last night mark the furthest i've ever made it into the game.

It's alright, might as well finish it so i can scratch that off the backlog

dex3108

Thief doesn't work with DS4Windows I wanted to try the lightbar feature that get bright when exposed and gets dimmer when hidden like on PS4, well the game doesn't even detect DS4 to start with, let alone that feature. Is it possible to get DS4 exact programmed features on other games with DS4Windows like on PS4, i.e: the lightbar feature I mentioned or the codec radio from the speaker in MGS5?

In short no. You can only use DS4 in two modes. First mode is standard DS4 mode where everything works except speaker. If game has native DS4 support button layout is same as on PS4 and you can do with buttons everything you can on PS4. Second mode is emulated XInput where DS4Win emulates X360 or X1 gamepad.

In both cases lightbar can't be controlled by game. And speaker doesn't work at all.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Is it like that for all steam games? I've tried to take screenshots and paste them to paint and just got a black screen.

No something I've only seen in the witness.
You can take steam screenshots with a f# key, can't remember which.

---

Yeah I'm playing 7 games at the moment, had to put dragon's dogma in my backlog.

Knurek

Whoever says Trails SC is so much longer than Trails FC it warrants the twice as high MSRP is full of shit.
Seriously, shiiiit!
Trails FC took ~60 hours for me.
Trails SC looks like it will be a 60-70 hour affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom