• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Whoever says Trails SC is so much longer than Trails FC it warrants the twice as high MSRP is full of shit.
Seriously, shiiiit!
Trails FC took ~60 hours for me.
Trails SC looks like it will be a 60-70 hour affair.

Well, I'm at 50 hours and I'm not even halfway yet, so unless you saying I'm full of shit too, it's way above 100 hours.
Also don't you basically skip everything what's shippable and some of that what's not?

If it took you 60 hours to do FC you are a drunk.

what do you mean?
It took me ~70 hours

MUnited83

For you.
guys

holy shit

what i'm about to say is going to get me banned

but it has to be out in the open

i personally enjoy star wars battlefront despite its flaws

It's a pretty fun game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similarly, I don't get the hate for Just Cause 3. It's Just Cause 2 with less jank, better traversal system and much more fun blow everything gameplay with a great physics engine.

Whoever says Trails SC is so much longer than Trails FC it warrants the twice as high MSRP is full of shit.
Seriously, shiiiit!

I was trying to ignore it as long as I can, but it's getting harder and harder
wth happened to you avy?
I felt like muting my avatar's appearance a bit. Made several variations/effects to cycle. It is always the same image though, just with some cheap paint.net effects.

Gotta have something OT. Ehm.... about them games. Swapper is good!

Knurek

Well, I'm at 50 hours and I'm not even halfway yet, so unless you saying I'm full of shit too, it's way above 100 hours.
Also don't you basically skip everything what's shippable and some of that what's not?

Full BP run in both games.
Only thing I haven't been doing vigorously in SC is fishing.
I still talk to each and every NPC after every story event, as I did in FC.

I got bored with Battlefront after about 7-8 hours. The lack of maps, the lack of really large maps (most of the large maps are really REALLY small compare to BF4's maps), and a really bad XP grind where it takes forever to level up just bummed it out.

However, i really suggest folks check out the Base Command game that you can play either on your mobile or at the Battlefront website. It adds credits to the main game and is actually pretty good about taking into account your unlocks in the main game and giving you more incentive to check out different modes. I played quite a bit of Heroes vs Villains solely to unlock the hero cards in Base Command, im ashamed to admit

edit: why does the other steam feb thread keep popping up? weird

I posted in Uncharted LE PS4 thread sying that design is bad. How screwed i am SteamGAF? :D

It was nice knowing you, dex.

fb0.jpg

Regginator

Seriously, shiiiit!

i think i just woke up in a world where 60-70 hours for a game is considered being too little.

Arthea

Full BP run in both games.
Only thing I haven't been doing vigorously in SC is fishing.
I still talk to each and every NPC after every story event, as I did in FC.

I do with SC as I did with FC, I ignore are achievements bugged or not and try to 100% it, and there is more to talk and more things to do in SC, advancing is way slower than it was in FC, at least it feels like it, I spend much more time in every location talking with people and I'm fishing too, a lot, wanna join that awesome fishing guild and finish my fishbook.
Although even with my thoroughness, I'm almost sure I missed something, because so far I've found only one secret quest, that's way too little. That means I still explore and talk too little, most likely, or IDK.
I mean it feels a bigger game for me, felt like it right from the start.
We'll see how it is, after another 50 hours or so.

The discussions about SC's price vs quality/length, etc

Both sides must have valid points, as it's often the case, but last time we got like 3 pages of arguments, I doubt we need that again.

We aren't talking about a price, we are talking about a game.
sorry if it doesn't interest you, but it's very interesting topic to me

edited: talking about fishing, by making fishing bait to drop from monsters they surely made fishing a tad too time consuming

Pachimari

Reading Hero Prinny's preview of Disgaea has sold me on the game I think. I really wanted Disgaea 5 for PS4 but never got around to anything but the demo, so I guess Disgaea 1 will be a nice compromise.

I do with SC as I did with FC, I ignore are achievements bugged or not and try to 100% it, and there is more to talk and more things to do in SC, advancing is way slower than it was in FC, at least it feels like it, I spend much more time in every location talking with people and I'm fishing too, a lot, wanna join that awesome fishing guild and finish my fishbook.
Although even with my thoroughness, I'm almost sure I missed something, because so far I've found only one secret quest, that's way too little. That means I still explore and talk too little, most likely, or IDK.
I mean it feels a bigger game for me, felt like it right from the start.
We'll see how it is, after another 50 hours or so.

We aren't talking about a price, we are talking about a game.
sorry if it doesn't interest you, but it's very interesting topic to me

I wasn't trying to imply that it's not an interesting topic. What I was trying to say is that the last time this discussion happened, we got 3 pages of arguments (and people started with the whole "niche" joke and all that)

I wasn't trying to imply that it's not an interesting topic. What I was trying to say is that the last time this discussion happened, we got 3 pages of arguments (and people started with the whole "niche" joke and all that)

I came in on the tail end of this and didn't realize it lasted that long.

Arthea

What's wrong with that? It was still a discussion even if not entirely serious one, not 3 pages of hb posts...
I'd take that over OT any time.

Dising not only Sony but Naughty Dog? I'd keep your head down if I were you :p

he's beyond saving, too late to do head movements.

I don't even know what LE looks like

Reading Hero Prinny's preview of Disgaea has sold me on the game I think. I really wanted Disgaea 5 for PS4 but never got around to anything but the demo, so I guess Disgaea 1 will be a nice compromise.

I really want to pick it up, but by the time I get to it it'll already be cheaper. Still have Rotter and Dogma to run through.

Dr Dogg

he's beyond saving, too late to do head movements.

I don't even know what LE looks

Yes that's an actual console not one of those stickers you end up ruining the thermal properties of your system with. The Uncharted Collection one was alright. Had the top plate as a picture of Drake and the bottom section was an etched map. Only 3 limited ed PS4's I even think are ok are the Anniversary one, the Destiny Taken King one and maybe the MGSV one if you had a minimalist setup as the colours would clash with too many other items of AV equipment.

Pachimari

I hate that I have to think in The Witness.

But it's funny how it can help, leaving a panel, and coming back to it a little later, only to solve it quite easily.

I can imagine the whole game is "just" these panels, and I don't know what to think about that.

I tried playing one of the Vita Disgaea games that i got as part of PS+ and i put it down after an hour. It just seemed overly complex to the point of tedium.

Maybe the first one is a bit more down to earth and not some sort of spreadsheet gaming thing that has explosive penguins in it

Arthea

Yes that's an actual console not one of those stickers you end up ruining the thermal properties of your system with. The Uncharted Collection one was alright. Had the top plate as a picture of Drake and the bottom section was an etched map. Only 3 limited ed PS4's I even think are ok are the Anniversary one, the Destiny Taken King one and maybe the MGSV one if you had a minimalist setup as the colours would clash with too many other items of AV equipment.

yeah, dex is right, it doesn't look too hot, cool, wait hot

I really want to pick it up, but by the time I get to it it'll already be cheaper. Still have Rotter and Dogma to run through.

I don't know how you play, but considering length and repetitiveness of Disgaea. it's better to play it with other games as second or third game, at least I think so, I mean not to concentrate on it too much.

somebody win it for me, pretty please?

dex3108

Dr Dogg

While you can probably finish the story portions of Disgaea in about 30ish hours (maybe less if you know what you're doing and have a decent thought out plan and team before each map) seeing all the content is no short ask. Truly a game for the unemployed. Saying that as the series has gone on the time invest has gone down, slightly.

Arthea

While you can probably finish the story portions of Disgaea in about 30ish hours (maybe less if you know what you're doing and have a decent thought out plan and team before each map) seeing all the content is no short ask. Truly a game for the unemployed. Saying that as the series has got on the time invest has gone down, slightly.

but can you really? Wouldn't you be weakling without doing side stuff, it was a while I can't say I remember how hard or easy story portions are and I never did only story anyway. I do remember that side stuff
item world
is eternal.

Nyoro SF

Seriously, shiiiit!

Let me help you out
30 is not twice of 20.
It has twice the amount of dialogue in the game. Hence, localization takes twice as long, thus it is assuredly worth double the cost of the first. It's not priced at double though, isn't that nice?

Arthea

Unless something is wrong with my eyes, I thought it's a massive downgrade immediately after seeing beta. I even asked why there are no downgrade threads.

the only thing that matters about the Division is whether your character still closes open car doors as he slides by them.

If its still in the the game then the Division is the real deal

Unless something is wrong with my eyes, I thought it's a massive downgrade immediately after seeing beta. I even asked why there are no downgrade threads.

Sorry I should have been more clear. There is obviously a downgrade from what I watch with any game at E3 (as they are running it on a super computer) and the same games I play on my 970. I thought the Division looked and ran great on my machine so I don't care what it looked like at E3. I mean a lot of people on GAF have dual titans and the like so I guess they want to see exactly what is being shown to the media. That is the beauty of being a filthy casual like me, you shrug off these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom