• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressions on Scribblenauts Unmasked? Bit of a DC nerd but I'd like to know it's not terrible as a game.

I haven't played it but I wouldn't worry about it. The first Scribblenauts sucked but since then they've actually figured out how to make a game around their mechanics, so I'm sure they'll just stick to the formula but with DC locations/heroes.

Ledsen

Valve needs to overhaul the marketplace, particularly search parameters.

Dota 2 had a major patch yesterday that made hundreds of cosmetics sellable on the marketplace, but it is impossible to find anything unless you know the specific item you're looking for.

The fact that they don't have partial word matching is ludicrous.

Saw that King's Bounty - Warriors of the North is on sale for 7.49. What kind of RPG is it? (Looks kind of like an SRPG).

Good game? Worth 7.49?

It's not an RPG, it's a Heroes of Might & Magic-style TBS where you run around the map collecting quests and units, then fight battles using those units, collect more units and quests ad infinitum (because the games are really, REALLY long). I believe WotN is the latest entry in the series, but the whole series is on sale practically every other week.

So I just downloaded my Pac-Man preorder.

As a newcomer to Pac-Man CE:
HOLY SHIT, WHY DID I NOT BUY THIS THE FIRST TIME AROUND?

I am in love. Sweet arcade-y goodness. This game is addicting as hell.
dat feel when you are getting to top 10 and the last strawberry bugs out and appears outside of the stage.

Best Pac-Man ever.

Deques

Groupees Build a Bundle 7 is up. Put up your Dukes and spread your Retrovirus or whatever. Puns.

Games in this bundle

• Duke Nukem (Steam)
  • Duke Nukem 2 (Steam)
  • Retrovirus (Steam)
  • Zack Zero (Steam)
  • Primal Fears (Steam)
  • Oknytt (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Frogatto & Friends (Desura)
  • Cloudphobia (Desura, Greenlight?)

Minimum is two games at $1.50

FauX

I got Zack Zero and Retrovirus, really nice.

BTW, if you add a third game your minimum will be like $2.08, and goes increasing every more games you add, quite good IMO.

Deques

I got Zack Zero and Retrovirus, really nice.

BTW, if you add a third game your minimum will be like $2.08, and goes increasing every more games you add, quite good IMO.

It's a "build a bundle" bundle. You pay more the more games you add

Deques

The funny thing is, if its a real seasonpass and it still takes a while to get all the DLCs, its usually far cheaper to just buy it when the first or second DLC is already released.

Everything gets cheaper after some time has gone. So, yes, the dlcs will be cheaper when the season pass is discounted.
Take note that season passes don't have all dlcs. They mostly contain story dlcs

Nillansan

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut will get a Steam release soon.

lU7u5rX.png

New Additions said:
General features:
Whole new lighting engine, also supports 1 extra hardware light
Many locations have additional lights and / or tweaked lighting
Anamorphic lens flare for the flashlight
New sleeping and game over music
New title screen and game over screen
2 additional locations
Hundreds of small bug fixes, balance tweaks and improvements
Automatic monster-facing on gun-draw
A few small easter eggs
New short sidequest
Ending ‘collection’
‘The Ritual’

Specific to New Game+:

Around 6 new locations
2 completely new endings
3 new songs
Over 20 new items
2 new sidequests
New enemy
New dialogue for all characters in the game
Many other easter eggs that are better left unspoilt

The Director's Cut Trailer
More information

Gentlemen, I need a game.

What game shall it be?

High probability that it will be no game and this is just brought on by the late hour and the sudden infusion of class action lawsuit money in my account.

Nillansan

Question is... will it be a free upgrade or a new game? Hopefully a free upgrade.

Jasper Byrne said that he will have some more information on the PC version in the coming days. The Orange Ending was initially meant to be a free update, but The Director's Cut goes way beyond of being a mere ending. Hopefully it will be a free upgrade or at the very least a cheap update in the form of DLC. We'll see.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I wish I would like the Souls games more then I actually do. The games are incredibly crafted and the level design is fantastic, but I really dislike the style and atmosphere. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anybody who pre-purchased Pac-Man on GMG received their key?

I just checked my library again and it's showing up now.

Edit:
pacmanb2cm7.jpg

A mistake, surely, even if the figure includes the demo; that's literally everybody on my friends list.

zkylon

zkylewd
I work for my own company. I could boot Win on this computer and start playing DS right now, but I'm struggling too much to avoid fraudulent bankruptcy at the moment that it doesn't seems the best way to go. :D

yeah I'm big on giving bad advices but avoiding fraudulent bankruptcy seems like the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom