• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Flying bundle keys finally came through, guess they're just having a rough start.
Since you're giving away the only worthwhile game in Ittle Dew, what game were you going after in that bundle? Hoping the two unannounced games turn out to be jaw droppers? ;)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve needs to overhaul the marketplace, particularly search parameters.

Dota 2 had a major patch yesterday that made hundreds of cosmetics sellable on the marketplace, but it is impossible to find anything unless you know the specific item you're looking for.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since you're giving away the only worthwhile game in Ittle Dew, what game were you going after in that bundle? Hoping the two unannounced games turn out to be jaw droppers? ;)

I didn't have Bob Came in Pieces, Clones, Polynomial, or any of the Desura games besides Bridge It. Thought it was worth tossing $3.50 their way for those.

I actually like Desura, and one of the games is on Greenlight. Hopefully the bonus games are good too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
At least the Groupees BMSE has stuff that's definitely worth more than $1. Dead Space 2 on the other hand...
Steam may agree with you. It's dying repeatedly on the purchase screen, and it won't let me complete the transaction.

I bought the Flying Bundle instead.

Cth

I didn't have Bob Came in Pieces, Clones, Polynomial, or any of the Desura games besides Bridge It. Thought it was worth tossing $3.50 their way for those.

I actually like Desura, and one of the games is on Greenlight. Hopefully the bonus games are good too.

Finally getting Ittle Dew, Polynomial, and Bob came in pieces.. no idea about the other games, but why not?

How does the bundle work? 2 new games later? Any more? Etc?

r3n4ud

Same here. Missing the same games as you. Here's hoping that the two mystery games are indeed half decent...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to start adding all the keys I got from different bundles on Desura, because why not? And looking at some Groupees one, I found out it had added Steam keys for the first 2 episodes of Cognition. That's a pleasant surprise, I must admit.

Turfster

I decided to start adding all the keys I got from different bundles on Desura, because why not? And looking at some Groupees one, I found out it had added Steam keys for the first 2 episodes of Cognition. That's a pleasant surprise, I must admit.

Yep, we got them the same day.
If you hurry, you can still get in on the 75% off for the rest of the episodes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, we got them the same day.
If you hurry, you can still get in on the 75% off for the rest of the episodes.
Do I want them? Those two are downloading slowly, so I won't be able to play them tonight, and I don't know if I'll remember/want to/have the time to/still be alive tomorrow to try the first one then.

And here's hoping I'll get my Flying Bundle keys soon. Don't own any of those games yet.

Turfster

Do I want them? Those two are downloading slowly, so I won't be able to play them tonight, and I don't know if I'll remember/want to/have the time to/still be alive tomorrow to try the first one then.

Do you like classic adventure games, but updated and with less bullshit puzzles?
Can you forgive some jank in the meshing of 3D and 2D if it brings you a good story?
(Also, you've got 38 hours and change, so in theory you might still try it tomorrow)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you like classic adventure games, but updated and with less bullshit puzzles?
Can you forgive some jank in the meshing of 3D and 2D if it brings you a good story?
(Also, you've got 38 hours and change, so in theory you might still try it tomorrow)
I'm terrible at point & click adventures, but I still like to try them. And a little jank, if the game is good enough, could be acceptable I think. But yes, I'll wait until tomorrow night to decide.

Turfster

I'm terrible at point & click adventures, but I still like to try them. And a little jank, if the game is good enough, could be acceptable I think. But yes, I'll wait until tomorrow night to decide.

I'd say go for it then. The rest is what, 6.99$?
I promise it'll have more story and better music than Dead Space 2, and won't be DRMed up the wazoo, to say the least ;)

denx

yo, I know everyone loves the Dsfix for Dark Souls, but what about people who have crummy PC's/laptops (like me). Is there a mod that allows you to actually decrease resolution/graphical effects to scale the game to mid to lower end systems?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to steer you towards more worthwhile purchases that you'll never play ;)
Fair enough. I still have 48 games left to go if I want to reach the mythical number 500, so I'll need all the recommendations I can get. A pay rise wouldn't be bad either.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yo, I know everyone loves the Dsfix for Dark Souls, but what about people who have crummy PC's/laptops (like me). Is there a mod that allows you to actually decrease resolution/graphical effects to scale the game to mid to lower end systems?

Not... really...

If your PC doesn't meet the minimum, I extremely doubt DSFix will fix that requirement for you.

Tecl0n

Lower than 1024? That's gonna look like a muddy mess. Anyhow DSfix alliws for custom resolution.
But if you are having trouble runninf it on default i doubt it's gonna be better.

Grief.exe

Not... really...

If your PC doesn't meet the minimum, I extremely doubt DSFix will fix that requirement for you.

If I remember correctly, and I could be mistaken it has been a long time.

Durante said that the Dark Souls renderer takes a lot of unnecessary steps to render at 720p. Installing DSFix and then setting the internal resolution to a lower resolution will actually have better performance.

You should still install it and do just that.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Damn how bad is your pc/laptop? I mean the game runs decent(better than console) on a pc/laptop with at least intel hd 4000 on the default settings.

denx

Damn how bad is your pc/laptop? I mean the game runs decent(better than console) on a pc/laptop with at least intel hd 4000 on the default settings.

I've never played Dark Souls so I don't know how my laptop will run it.

Durante said that the Dark Souls renderer takes a lot of unnecessary steps to render at 720p. Installing DSFix and then setting the internal resolution to a lower resolution will actually have better performance.

I'll try that, thanks.

Cody_D165

Banned
So I just downloaded my Pac-Man preorder.

As a newcomer to Pac-Man CE:
HOLY SHIT, WHY DID I NOT BUY THIS THE FIRST TIME AROUND?

I am in love. Sweet arcade-y goodness. This game is addicting as hell.

I must admit that I have never quite got the pacman CE love. I really feel like I missed something with the game when I played it on console.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You missed playing it with an arcade stick like a true gentleman always does with old school games.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Pac-Man is definitely one of those games that should require an arcade stick. It just isn't the same on anything else.

frogg609

Saw that King's Bounty - Warriors of the North is on sale for 7.49. What kind of RPG is it? (Looks kind of like an SRPG).

Good game? Worth 7.49?

You missed playing it with an arcade stick like a true gentleman always does with old school games.

I always use my TE stick for those sorts of games. Just didn't click.

Hopefully this does for somebody:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

lttle Dew -- MB-FB0C169D9E1225EF - Taken by mannerbot

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
y'all had a LONG time to preorder and get it for free

Which I did, from GreenManGaming. :)

This morning.

tjohn86

I bought it today just in time to catch the discount and knock down the price more with cards. I'm pretty hyped to try it out... As a matter of fact, I'm going to do it right now.

I've got to say Alien Rage is pretty good so far. First boss was a bit frustrating but overall its a 8/10 experience.

No cards drops though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom