• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global Offensive rise in player base is kind of strange. The core game is still the same, it's just that you can make real money now. I bet that's a huge part of it's current popularity.

Absolutely.

The game is still very solid, but when I watch a guy get headshotted, only to open a case and get a $200 StatTrak AWP like earlier today, there is a sort of Vegas thrill.

Copons

Imagine GFWL 2 on a Windows box. :O

Something like...

Xbox%20One%201-580-90.jpg

SaveFerris

Neo Member
Is there no way to sell the crates outside of third party sites? I've got them just sitting here taking up space and I have no intention of buying keys to open them.

You can sell them on the steam market place for pennies if your lucky, but if your looking to trade them for weapons http://www.tf2outpost.com is your best bet. Remember you can always try out weapons for free for a week from the in-game TF2 store.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can sell them on the steam market place for pennies if your lucky, but if your looking to trade them for weapons http://www.tf2outpost.com is your best bet. Remember you can always try out weapons for free for a week from the in-game TF2 store.

:/ So you're saying I should just delete them and hope for the best with drops then?

KarmaCow

:/ So you're saying I should just delete them and hope for the best with drops then?

I have another account that is just filled with crates. I actually managed to sell some of them for more than a few cents but yea if you don't want to be crazy just delete them if you need space. Maybe check some TF2 price check site to see if they happen to be worth anything first.

Tenrius

It seems the community market is down at the moment. I tried to put a card on sale and got the same message as someone just a while ago.

mannerbot

Good thing I didn't wait until the last day to preorder Pac-Man CE DX+ like I usually would (since it was randomly moved up a day). lol

TheSeks

That's it, I'm buying Dark Souls today, but I probably won't play it before GFWL got patched out.

Eh, I'd do it just to be on the safe side that they don't patch out GfWL's netcode/while there is online.

We dunno their plans at all on this.
---

Anyway is: scrap.tf a reputable site? Someone linked me there for my duped items to be turned into scrap to get weapons and stuff from there but I dunno... how good is Steam's account protection from third party sites and all that stuff?

TheSeks

I think he means so that you get a chance to sample the online components incase they are removed or abandoned,

Correct. All we have right now is a "leaked" announcement from a fan-site/not-official Facebook page (correct me if I'm wrong) with a possible "plan to fix the Games for Windows shutdown" with no information in regards to the online netcode/360-GfWL netcode the port uses.

r3n4ud

I'm playing Alien Rage at the moment. Quite a fun and intense shooter. The AI is quite smart. When I'm in cover trying to either gather myself or reload, they'll advance on me to take me out.

I tried multiplayer for kicks. And well, I joined a quick game and I was alone lol. I ran around the map going through doors looking for others, but nope. Not a single soul, besides me. Never had that happen to me before...

What? Is the Steam game different/worse from the original game released on XBLA many years ago?
Well, there are two games, Pac-Man Championship Edition and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, both were released on XBLA.

Despite the DX moniker evoking the idea that it's just an enhanced version of the first game, it's actually quite different.

As to it being better or worse, that is subjective, but I personally prefer CE to DX.

What? Is the Steam game different/worse from the original game released on XBLA many years ago?

In Championship Edition, you only have to deal with the typical four ghosts, who act like they usually do in classic Pac-Man.

In DX, ghosts lie dormant or move around the level until you pass by them, at which point they start following you. They'll follow you in a long line until you manage to eat them up, kind of like a mixture of Pac-Man and Snake.

Momentary

Banned
I'm playing Alien Rage at the moment. Quite a fun and intense shooter. The AI is quite smart. When I'm in cover trying to either gather myself or reload, they'll advance on me to take me out.

I tried multiplayer for kicks. And well, I joined a quick game and I was alone lol. I ran around the map going through doors looking for others, but nope. Not a single soul, besides me. Never had that happen to me before...

I bought it today just in time to catch the discount and knock down the price more with cards. I'm pretty hyped to try it out... As a matter of fact, I'm going to do it right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the "Flying Bundle" is live.

http://flyingbundle.com/

Errors all over the place, activation link goes to a different site, and Paypal reports the payment as international. Key redemption page not giving keys. Probably best to let them work out the bugs.

Turfster

Looks like the "Flying Bundle" is live.

http://flyingbundle.com/

Errors all over the place, activation link goes to a different site, and Paypal reports the payment as international. Key redemption page not giving keys. Probably best to let them work out the bugs.

Yeah... what I'm seeing doesn't make me want to give them money.
NaN:NaN:NaN time remaining, var:sold bundles purchased!
Come on, guys.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah... what I'm seeing doesn't make me want to give them money.
NaN:NaN:NaN time remaining, var:sold bundles purchased!
Come on, guys.

cynioiI.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And Greenman haven't issued keys yet - DAMMIT!.

tumblr_m7cg3wGqPK1qcro1do1_250.gif
Yup, same here. Maybe I'll buy Dead Space 2 on Steam as a vengeance. It has Tages with a 5 machine activation limit and I haven't played DS1 yet, but whatever...

Make it the $1 Groupees Be Mine Special Edition too. This is what happens when a fool is allowed to own a credit card.

TheSeks

Well used the scrap.tf bot to get two weapons in return for two dupes I had. So not too bad...

Just wish these bots had an ability to trade these Mann Co crates I have for weapons. :/ Guess I should delete them or somehow learn that Valve has an internal marketplace and put them up there for whatever in return?

Turfster

Yup, same here. Maybe I'll buy Dead Space 2 on Steam as a vengeance. It has Tages with a 5 machine activation limit and I haven't played DS1 yet, but whatever...

Make it the $1 Groupees Be Mine Special Edition too. This is what happens when a fool is allowed to own a credit card.

At least the Groupees BMSE has stuff that's definitely worth more than $1. Dead Space 2 on the other hand...

I am guessing this has already been posted

THE FLYING BUNDLE
Tier 1 - Minimum $1
Retention (Desura + Greenlight)
Bob Came in Pieces (Steam + Desura)
Micy Roll (Desura)
Beep (Steam + Desura)
Plith (Desura)
Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Tier 2 - Minimum $3.5 to unlock
Clones (Steam + Desura)
Bridge It (Desura + Greenlight)
The Polynomial - Space of the music (Steam)
Ittle Dew (Steam)
Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Pretty crappy so far, adding 2 games next week. I already own Ittle Dew, otherwise I guess I would pay the 3.5

jshackles

Flying bundle keys finally came through, guess they're just having a rough start.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Beep -- MB-FDA7838CFA9DD4ED - Taken by OverHeat
Ittle Dew -- MB-BB95ED741D0DF2D8 - Taken by phantomspiker

So the "friends who play this game" thing on Steam seems messed up, suddenly all my friends play every single game I own.

Yep, currently bugged after their latest maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom