• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

did grief ever find out what was going on,nothing came out of that.

All patches are, most likely, completed. They seem to be in a holding pattern for now.

The Minerva's Den App was updated today.

Seems like there hasn't been updates on them for a while. I'm guessing they're done and waiting for an opportune time to use them to help hype Arkham Origins right before it comes out.

This is a possible explanation.

Both the Bioshock and Arkham series are seeing releases relatively soon, DLC and Origns respectively.
They may be holding off with the patch to tie the release in with some type of promotion.

Its also possible they are waiting for Family Share Plan to come out of beta, Microsoft make an official announcement, or some other explanation.

Dario ff

Banned
Cool, just got invited into the Family Sharing beta. Seems fairly easy to use, although some uPlay games are appearing on the other PC for some reason. I thought that wasn't gonna be the case? They show the same uPlay CD Key tho, so it's no exploit luckily. I guess they keep them on the library for the sake of just installing them and you reuse the uPlay account on both devices.

Gonna test out the limitations of it in a bit.

Grief.exe

Cool, just got invited into the Family Sharing beta. Seems fairly easy to use, although some uPlay games are appearing on the other PC for some reason. I thought that wasn't gonna be the case? They show the same uPlay CD Key tho, so it's no exploit luckily.

Gonna test out the limitations of it in a bit.

I noticed that too, not all titles show up.

Here is the list Valve has set up, but there are some notable exceptions. Largest one, Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

http://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&keyname=261

Sajjaja

Screenshot? :)

1024x600.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160670542

1024x600.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160680675

1024x600.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160852591
:D

Scythian

Damn, Spelunky HTML5 is kinda addicting, it's getting harder to wait for a sale.
Though I don't know which version would be better, for Vita/PS3 or PC, I'm tempted to go on the handheld route.

zkylon

zkylewd
Batman: AA
Bastion
Dishonored
Deponia

Trying to decide what to start with first.
the first three are all really good (imo it's batman > bastion > dishonored) and the fourth I haven't played

I'd start with batman, specially now that it's gfwl-less, it's a joy of a game

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I shall repeat my question from this morning: When GFWL goes kaput, will that ruin saving in SFxT or will it just prevent online matches?

Echoplx

I'm kinda curious as to why there hasn't been 'xliveless' mods for other games after using it with GTA. Seems like an easy solution to playing gfwl games after it gets shut down.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I just wanted to Thank you to everyone on GAF for keeping this place unique.

Thank you for being part of this Community fellow GAFfers, never stop being good members. Good night!

As a recently approved member, I say Thank You for how you conduct yourself. Before becoming a member I lurked for a long time, gleaning knowledge and recommendations for games in the Steam threads. I've been impressed and pleased with the discourse found here, both about Steam games and when the conversations veer off-topic for a bit. It is members like yourself that prompted me to register and participate on NeoGAF.

Li Kao

So was Shadow Warrior sell-a-kidney-edition worth it ? (yeah end of the month will be really dodgy for me after that purchase). Don't know. Firstly because evidently I just have begun playing it, but secondly... depends...
The game seems nicely long, count 40min to 1 hour per chapter if you look for secrets, and there are 17 chapters. A lot of powers/skills/weapons to customize. And the game plays good and is fun to play.
So what is it ? Repetitive environments. I get that the game is the product of a small team/budget, but if I must play another hour through a bamboo forest or a japanese suburb I might go ballistic. But I can't be mad at the game, it is fun to play and that is the most important thing. If things continue like this I might look at getting the badge for it, and I'm far from a badge whore these days. Still, maybe a little on the pricey side due to the repetitive use of some assets.

Edit. Oh and old-school, old-school, yes and no. While it evidently is more roots than your standard COD, while yes there is indeed the classical dance of death instead of the modern sit here and shoot trend, the level design is not really exceptionnal. Not particularly bad but we are speaking evolved corridors and arenas, the playing space is a little on the narrow side, sadly.

Retne

To all the fellow late night/other side of the world GAFfers make sure you don't miss out on The_Monk's awesome give away here. Plenty of stuff to go around so make sure to check it out.

I've been playing Escape Goat since I got my key for it. I'm really enjoying it. You should consider picking it up when it is released.

I love how you perch on the edge when you get too close.

GkEaaYS.png

It's the little things.

sheaaaa

Activated my Escape Goat key, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I bought Underrail in the Groupees bundle with La Mulana!

If anyone's interested in Shadow Warrior, this Rock Paper Shotgun review may push you over the edge. I was only mildly intrigued but I'm seriously thinking about getting it after reading that. Reviewer says it's the FPS he's enjoyed the most this year.

I've been playing Escape Goat since I got my key for it. I'm really enjoying it. You should consider picking it up when it is released.

GkEaaYS.png

It's the little things.
You should consider getting the Escape Goat 2 pre-order for 20% off ($8) at the humble store. Game should be released soon, and you get a Steam key when it''s available (it's unofficially greenlit).

GkEaaYS.png

It's the little things.

I'm surprised it hasn't been released much earlier on steam really, it's been on xbox live indie games for a long time and has been a pretty standout title in that vast wasteland.

Anyone gonna try out Damned? Saw it on early access and looks interesting with it's take a first person horror survival game with its multiplayer.

Speaking of which why are all first person horror games strictly non-combat survival games now? Would be nice if a title could come out that mixes in combat like the first Condemned.

Grief.exe

Activated my Escape Goat key, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I bought Underrail in the Groupees bundle with La Mulana!

If anyone's interested in Shadow Warrior, this Rock Paper Shotgun review may push you over the edge. I was only mildly intrigued but I'm seriously thinking about getting it after reading that. Reviewer says it's the FPS he's enjoyed the most this year.

We talked about it earlier in the thread, but it has been kind of a light year for quality single-player FPS.

Metro Last Light, Blood Dragon, and Call of Juarez are the standouts, with the latter two being smaller entries.

MRORANGE

Well I'm off for the day, hopefully by tonight I should logging into gaf and see that Valve has released a controller and people asking if HL3 will only accept this input device as a means to play.

So, I decided to give Dark Souls a try. 30 minutes after setup, I finally managed to get GFWL to work. This thing is gonna die, and this makes me happy.

And DSfix definitely is amazing (especially because it allows me to play the game in English, while you normally can't change GFWL default language without changing Windows settings...).

Grief.exe

So I don't know if this has been pointed out (and I guess this shows how nerdy I am...), but does the image at the top of that page remind anyone of Star Wars A New Hope? The Yavin 4 reveal shot?

Edit: closest visual aide to what I was thinking of:

Holy shit, good spot.

I knew exactly what you were talking about even without the visual.

So, I decided to give Dark Souls a try. 30 minutes after setup, I finally managed to get GFWL to work. This thing is gonna die, and this makes me happy.

And DSfix definitely is amazing (especially because it allows me to play the game in English, while you normally can't change GFWL default language without changing Windows settings...).

GFWL files on every level.

But I joined the group before you. :( *pouts*

Edit: Oh, the e-mail was marked as read:
steamfsbp0sa7.jpg

Jase is perpetually LTTP ;)

epaturun

Thanks Monk - for all those games, I'm going to stay out of it as I'm new to these threads and others deserve them, i'll only add to my backlog

Copons

Ahahah, I left GAF with live thread enabled yesterday when I went to bed, and now my SteamGAF still works perfectly! :D

Too bad, I'm out for work soon and I'll have to shut down. :(

Deques

I got an invite to the Family Sharing, yay.

But it seems that I have to authorize computers. Which means I have to log in my friend's computers and allow my library to be shared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom