• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

You're supposed to demand we immediately buy you a game or complain that we didn't immediately answer your question before calling us hostile jerks.

You've got a lot to learn.

What about blatantly stating that you are only posting to up your post count for modbot eligibility.

What about blatantly stating that you are only posting to up your post count for modbot eligibility.

That's why ModBot has...

blacklist-400x244.jpg

....and then we publicly shame the individual

Scipius

I'm surprised no-one (?) has commented that the circles are clearly a reference to the disks used in Ricochet. O+O obviously means we're finally getting the long overdue Ricochet 2.

Parsnip

Actually now that I think about it, does anyone know if it's possible with Joy2key to associate a single command/key/action to two or more buttons? E.g. pressing A+B+RT on the pad => Alt key on the keyboard. What about xpadder?
I don't know about joy2key, but I couldn't find a way to do this on xpadder last time I tried.

Personally I use GlovePie to do this. Don't be afraid of the website even though it looks like it's from the 90s. Right now I've set it up as such that when I press both thumbstick at the same time, it will interpret it as scroll lock which is my screenshot key on Steam, RadeonPro (and Fraps).

No idea if there might be a better solution for this, but this seems to work reliably for me so far.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't know about joy2key, but I couldn't find a way to do this on xpadder last time I tried.

Personally I use GlovePie to do this. Don't be afraid of the website even though it looks like it's from the 90s. Right now I've set it up as such that when I press both thumbstick at the same time, it will interpret it as scroll lock which is my screenshot key on Steam, RadeonPro (and Fraps).

No idea if there might be a better solution for this, but this seems to work reliably for me so far.

Also don't be afraid of the website despite this warning featured prominently on the download page:

Warning! Use of this product (or any other electrical technology) will destroy the planet with Global Warming, unless you are using 100% Green or Nuclear power! Less than 100% is not enough to stop catastrophic climate change. Living near a green power station doesn't count, since that green power was already sold to someone else. Living near a nuclear power station DOES count as 100% green power, since there is no market for nuclear green power. This is not a license restriction, just a restriction imposed by the laws of physics. Don't shoot the messenger.

Or the weird licensing agreement that forbids Israelis from using the software:

Copyright

GlovePIE is Copyright 2010 by Carl Kenner, except for the scripts by other authors. By using this software you agree to obey the following license conditions:

* You may not export this software to Israel, or use it in Israel (including the occupied territories), until Israel has ended its occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, and anywhere else it may occupy, or until Israel abolishes apartheid (granting all Jews and non-Jews in its territories equal rights). If you try to run it in Israel before then, it will give you an error.

Acccent

Hey I noticed something

Here's the first announcement's heading picture:

And the second one:

Looking closely, you can see that the star's image is the same in both pictures, and it looks like the Steam icon is hiding behind it, or rotating around it. Based on the third announcement teaser icon, I'd say the last picture will feature both "spheres" aligned.

(old? it's gratuitous speculation anyway)

Sendou

Damn Gunpoint is a fine piece of software. However did this and The Swapper manage to go so hard under the radar on this very forum, I wonder?

Can you name them at will? That's not a bad idea at all!

Oh yes; one can customise them to one's heart's content.

I never bothered though as I couldn't be arsed.

It hurt enough when a vet I was fond of died as it was. I hate to think how it would have felt if I'd named them after some of my favourite SteamGAFers e.g. Argie Bargy. Guess who that would be for :p.

Lint21

Neo Member
Bundle Stars has cut the price of their Indie Jam bundle by 50% for a limited time. $2.49US for 10 Steam keys:

Unstoppable Gorg
Stellar Impact
Twin Sector
Dead Horde
Future Wars
Greed: Black Border
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Trapped Dead
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts
TRAUMA

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-two-indie-games/

I think I already have all of those, but for someone who doesn't it's a pretty good deal.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn Gunpoint is a fine piece of software. However did this and The Swapper manage to go so hard under the radar on this very forum, I wonder?

Gunpoint thankfully did well enough, despite not being incredibly hyped on GAF. I'm not sure how well Swapper did, but I know Stallion Free rode hard for that game.

Further to your question, though: the reason why it may seem these games were overlooked is a perfect storm of problems.

1) While GAF has a sizable PC-centric community, there are still a lot more console owners than PC gamers here. Any game that launches on the PC will be ignored by them.

2) The PC community that surrounds the related Steam threads is actually more obsessed with the deal than the game. So many will not buy a game on day one unless it has had a fantastic preorder discount. Others are waiting until it hits the rock bottom of its pricing pattern. Either way, the majority who will eventually buy it will not play it and will not ride hard for the game on GAF.

3) Finally, Indie fatigue and the aggressive bundling of indie games has desensitized whoever is left. I'm guilty of this myself: I know I skipped out on FEZ specifically because I knew it would be in a Humble Bundle eventually (and I still haven't played it).

Gunpoint is fantastic and thankfully was successful enough without massive amounts of hype. The bit of comfort to take away from this though, is that PC is all about the long tail: these games will continue to sell for years and years. New people are joining Steam every day and a nice sale may motivate them to check out the game. Unlike console sales that are top heavy and then non-existent within a year or two, there are so many opportunities to sell your game on the PC that you can practically look at it as an annuity.

Ya...no. We Quebecers are not exactly the friendliest Canadians!

Exactly.

Sendou

Can't speak for The Swapper, but Gunpoint was the #1 seller on steam for a day or two. There was also a 7 page thread for it on GAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575173&highlight=gunpoint ...pretty good for an indie game I think.

Eh perhaps it was just my radar malfunctioning then. Glad it did well! Really love the game.

*Long and insightful post*

Figured it was something like that. Might be that it's hard for some indie games to get really popular unless they become culture phenomenons of a kind.

Grief.exe

Terrible, I can't believe I'm still gunna preorder this damn thing.

Hopefully gmg will have a good preorder deal for it.

Why would your pre-order the game if there are doubts in your mind and obvious issues?

There will always be more games to play, and the game isn't going anywhere. You can wait for the dust to settle and make a decision down the line, and for a significantly cheaper price I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom