• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone that sent me well wishes thus morning, thank you kindly.

I guess I'm okay. I have a stress test next month. It's so nice to tell someone suffering anxiety "Hey, there might be something wrong with your heart. We'll check it out in a month." Maybe that's just precautionary crap though, the tests today he was definitely in the mindset that I'm young and strapping.

Why would your pre-order the game if there are doubts in your mind and obvious issues?

There will always be more games to play, and the game isn't going anywhere. You can wait for the dust to settle and make a decision down the line, and for a significantly cheaper price I might add.

Because it's a Thief game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those that love old late '90s/early 2000's PC games, Septerra Core and Odium aka Gorky 17 are both out on Steam, along with KnightShift (which I've never heard of) and World War II: Panzer Claws & World War III: Black Gold.

If System Shock, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango were to come to Steam, I would be all set.

And they're cheap, too! 50% off ($2.49, save for KnightShift, which is $3.49) for another five days. I hope this marks the beginning of TopWare bringing over its GOG catalogue and Knights & Merchants follows suit at some point.

Gbraga

New X Rebirth Update.

This time Egosoft are giving us an in-depth look at the trading and mining systems in the game.

ixO5wVCNhuSzb.gif

Watch it here
Holy fuck

Cheddahz

Banned
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a lot of fun guys, but sadly..I have to run up to the post office to ship off this copy of GTAV I sold, so I'll have to take a break from it :/

KarmaCow

I don't know why now. I understood when they were going for 80 cents to $1 each with the possibility of getting a foil worth $10 or more, but people getting excited for cards that sell for 10 cents now baffles me.

40-50 cents for basically free with each game adds up.

fantomena

Has Enhanced Steam Chrome been updates for the version which provides the option to delete all the games I have activated by a Steam key?

neoemonk

The Dark Souls sale pushed me to pick up my game. Last played 7/28. I went on vacation and haven't touched it since I came home.

I was standing somewhere in Sen's Fortress. I ran around a little and was too terrified to continue. I need to get up the nerve to finish. Just not there yet.

Grief.exe

The Dark Souls sale pushed me to pick up my game. Last played 7/28. I went on vacation and haven't touched it since I came home.

I was standing somewhere in Sen's Fortress. I ran around a little and was too terrified to continue. I need to get up the nerve to finish. Just not there yet.

VlCDsv9.jpg

tumblr_m59eqfJRZh1qimsct.gif

gXoG2.gif

JaseC

That second gif is a sterling example of the almost invariable awfulness of Tumblr gifs.

Deliverance.

Finally managed to complete Super Hexagon. I honestly think it’s one of the hardest games to beat out of everything I’ve played. Hell my 100% Super Meat Boy playthrough seems like a walk in the park compared to this. I thoroughly recommend it to everyone though, it is a great game and the more you play it the more you will get addicted to it.

One tip I will give though is that if you are playing with a controller like I did (and I really don’t see how anyone could play this successfully with a keyboard) then use the shoulder buttons as it suggests. I started using a d-pad for the first 4 levels as I was using my DS3. But that died so I had to start using a 360 controller and switched to shoulder buttons as the d-pad on the 360 pad is shit. It is so much more precise and found it much easier to play once I had adapted.

If you find it hard to progress just keep playing. You get better the more you play. The best thing to do is just memorise the gauntlets so you know what to do as soon as they appear on screen as you really don't have time to think about your movement in later levels.

super-hexagon-complete.gif

Sorry I am the guy who is going to invade you and shield push you off the ledge just before reaching the bonfire.

Goddamn, DkS is my favorite game ever

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't know why now. I understood when they were going for 80 cents to $1 each with the possibility of getting a foil worth $10 or more, but people getting excited for cards that sell for 10 cents now baffles me.

They're not all like that. You can get up to 50 cents a card for a new game/fairly popular game. It's when HIB/other bundles pop up with those games that the prices dip to the teens. And some still have high prices. The Duke Nukem Foils go for around $2.

They'd be disappointing, I want a new game from Valve instead.

Good luck with that.

JaseC

We already know the announcent is not a game.

If you're optimist you can perform some mental gymnastics:

"I thought the statements have been remarkably clear that this is about Steam" + a Steamworks game technically relates to Steam = Valve is announcing a new game in under 15 minutes!

The Cowboy

Its a controller, we all know this right? - no one really thinks it will be something else do they?.

If it isn't a controller I'll eat my
Steak.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Its a controller, we all know this right? - no one really thinks it will be something else do they?.

If it isn't a controller I'll eat my
Steak.

I used to make wilds bets on GAF that ended with me saying I'll eat my hat if proven wrong.

Back then I had every intention of constructing a homemade tortilla hat as a joke, but no one ever called me out on it.

Now I'm simply too damn lazy.

I don't even like Valve's games. *shrug*

Hey, that's your problem. You don't see me going around saying my dick don't work.

My dick don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom