• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, quick question: has anyone managed to play Bit.Trip Core with keyboard without suffering a dreadful input lag? When using the 360 pad it plays fine, but then I'm forced to use that awful d-pad which is completely unsuitable for quick direction changes, and I end up losing because of that.

With keyboard I can't even get past the first section without getting into Nether after 15 seconds. Apparently using WASD has less input lag than the arrow keys, but it's still on the brink of unplayability right from the very beginning, so it can only get worse when the game gets harder later on.

Am I meant to avoid playing the Steam version? Because that would really suck. Even the 3DS version plays a lot better than this one; there I managed to reach the 2nd level boss (couldn't beat him, neither there nor on Wii).

It'd be nice if licences expiring didn't preclude the continued distribution of a game developed while said licences were valid.

do you have any comments on xpand rally extreme? i see you've got it, no idea if you've played it lol. i'm in a racing mood and there's not too much on steam when it comes to semi realistic. looks like it could scratch my itch for sega rally a little bit...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hahaha, sorry, welcome to planet earth.

And it sucks. :(

do you have any comments on xpand rally extreme? i see you've got it, no idea if you've played it lol. i'm in a racing mood and there's not too much on steam when it comes to semi realistic. looks like it could scratch my itch for sega rally a little bit...

To be honest, I didn't even know I had the game until I read your post, haha.

Edit: It was one of the bajillion games I bought during the Summer Sale, apparently.

Deadbeat

Banned
To be honest, I didn't even know I had the game until I read your post, haha.

Edit: It was one of the bajillion games I bought during the Summer Sale, apparently.
I played Xpand Rally and I really liked it. I dont know what they did in the XTERREMEMEMEMEMEEM version but the regular version is decent.

I played Xpand Rally and I really liked it. I dont know what they did in the XTERREMEMEMEMEMEEM version but the regular version is decent.

*looks at my username*

*slowly backs away*

lol. it just looks like an updated version of it. i'm tempted to drop 5 bones on it, but as j mentioned it was only 1.75 during the steam sale, ouch, makes me stingy about spending five dollars :p. i guess since i'll play it soon for sure it's probably worth it though. i hate the 'dirt' series so there's not much else in that category on steam. been playing f1 2012 a bit for my racing fix but i love rallies.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer -- MB-C3BE61712DC7A00C - Taken by Kirosia. 3 entrants total.
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon -- MB-29B382471515093D - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 1 entrants total.

t1380857630z1.png

Grief.exe

What's crazy about Monk's list is I'm actually not on there, but my doppleganger is.

I'm usually just Grief on forums if I can choose that name (I never can), but it was taken when I first signed up here. When I was accepted, one of the first things I did was check who had the name Grief.

The guy signed up in 2011, only posted that year, and has never logged in since. He just so happened to have been on when Monk grabbed that list. Crazy.

By the way, after years of being on forums and games, trying to get the name Grief, I have noticed some consistent data. They always sign up, play/post a few times, then are never seen again.

Flunkie

Banned
Thanks, will pick it up, its playable right? I'll hold off on Castle Story, still is barebones, after buying starforge i think I learned my lesson

It's fully playable. As far as I have seen through my 15 hours and most reviews, it's as complete (if not more so) as the 360 version is. The only reason it's tagged "Early Access" is because they're implementing keyboard/mouse and doing further optimization in conjunction with the DLC Sandbox mode coming for both PC and 360.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
By the way, after years of being on forums and games, trying to get the name Grief, I have noticed some consistent data. They always sign up, play/post a few times, then are never seen again.
Someone is Griefing your signups.

JaseC

What's crazy about Monk's list is I'm actually not on there, but my doppleganger is.

I'm usually just Grief on forums if I can choose that name (I never can), but it was taken when I first signed up here. When I was accepted, one of the first things I did was check who had the name Grief.

The guy signed up in 2011, only posted that year, and has never logged in since. He just so happened to have been on when Monk grabbed that list. Crazy.

So what you're saying is that you have occasional and brief MPD episodes?

Sajjaja

Omg thanks. Just the giveaway I wanted.

Good Grief.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really wish I could change my gaf name to my actual internet name lolz

But it was already taken, if I remember correctly. Everybody now hates me because I have a different Steam name from Gaf, so nobody from here recognizes me.. :D

JaseC

But it was already taken, if I remember correctly. Everybody now hates me because I have a different Steam name from Gaf, so nobody from here recognizes me.. :D

You can check if a username is taken by typing it into the search form and, if it's free, you can then request a name change by PMing an admin. You can also ask that your tag be set to "a.k.a. [your old name]" so people remember who you are.

Dice

I used to go by Dice everywhere... yeah, that's not really possible anymore.

Derrick01

Banned
Castle Story vs State Of Decay? Which one should I get

I dunno what castle story is but it looks like garbage (not just graphics so don't go there). State of Decay is a legit game and has some pretty good survival elements. Nothing like a CRPG or anything like that, but better than most would expect from a game of that size.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Fortunately nobody ever uses my nick elsewhere, except for one guy on Youtube that forced me to change the A's for 4's (something I dislike; I think using numbers instead of letters is stupid and looks bad). And I think the same happened with my (hopefully soon to be dead) GFWL account.

and i'm glad you mentioned this bc i read that the tracks in xtreme are 100% different from the ones in the original. so i'll prob pick up xtreme and look for the 1st one in a sale. normally i'd just buy 2 and skip 1 but the fact that the tracks are all different and you said it was good, i'll keep an eye out as basically an expansion for later.

It was a pleasant surprise from 2k to give everyone with Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den.

Thanks for keeping everyone informed Grief!

Now someone has to kick Nordic into gear and get them to remove GFWL from Red Faction Guerrilla. It would be tragic not to be able to play that masterpiece come July next year.

Grief.exe

It is a new era
CMuPKCa.png

Just started, and loving the atmosphere so far. I love when games put you in the middle of a strange world and let you discover the story and circumstances on your own.

How do you get rid of that damn overhead compass?

Going for the Big Brass Balls and Against All Odds achievements.

vjcqkEP.png

So what you're saying is that you have occasional and brief MPD episodes?

"They"? You sure?

griefunqeq.png

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

It was a pleasant surprise from 2k to give everyone with Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den.

Thanks for keeping everyone informed Grief!

Now someone has to kick Nordic into gear and get them to remove GFWL from Red Faction Guerrilla. It would be tragic not to be able to play that masterpiece come July next year.

:)

Khronico

Has FF7 aged well? Been thinking about getting it for a while now, but now I don't know if my interest level is high enough to buy a game at only 50% off
I can't believe I said that

Edit: To clarify, I have never played more than ten minutes of any FF game.

JaseC

But I already have a tag, what then?

Toss a coin if you can't decide. ;)

Has FF7 aged well? Been thinking about getting it for a while now, but now I don't know if my interest level is high enough to buy a game at only 50% off

I was going to jump into it myself but found the array of mod choices somewhat overwhelming.

Dice

Has FF7 aged well? Been thinking about getting it for a while now, but now I don't know if my interest level is high enough to buy a game at only 50% off .

You need to play FF7. It is your duty as a gamer.

Parsnip

So I just opened the gfwl marketplace client to check what I have there. Neither of these seem to be redeemable on Steam. :\

Max Payne 2
Age of Empires III Complete Collection

Bummer. I also forgot that I actually have Viva Pinata there as well, they should really bring that to Steam and remove GfWL in the process.

jediyoshi

Took a lot of searching but I finally found someone who had this dlc available to trade

cVZgGd6.png

Take that, weird eastern europe purchasing restriction

Now to wait until mafia 2 actually becomes a daily so I have the game...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

That's an interesting question. It's the first 3D FF game Square made, and it shows.

I would recommend playing it purely on sort of a historical basis; it's a land mark title for a lot of reasons, and that kind of obscures observations about its quality and how fun it was or is today.

You can always watch a few youtube videos of it and see what you think, it comes across in video fairly well.

JaseC

Took a lot of searching but I finally found someone who had this dlc available to trade

cVZgGd6.png

Take that, weird eastern europe purchasing restriction

Now to wait until mafia 2 actually becomes a daily so I have the game...

Even on XBLA (and perhaps PSN too) this piece of DLC is limited to Eastern Europe. It's a very strange situation.

Edit: Actually, poking about on the Russian XBLA site reveals it's no longer available at all.

I dunno what castle story is but it looks like garbage (not just graphics so don't go there). State of Decay is a legit game and has some pretty good survival elements. Nothing like a CRPG or anything like that, but better than most would expect from a game of that size.

Why does Castle Story look like garbage?

It seems largely inspired by Dwarf Fortress and the concept seems fun, so it might happen to be a good game when it's released.

From what I've read, it might just be too early right now. Some people complain about game-breaking bugs and missing features, but it's an early access after all.

Remember. for those playing Bioshock 2, you need to do this for the game to be playable.

in Windows, type %AppData% into the run dialog box (Winkey + R), then navigate to and open:
Bioshock2Steam\User.INI

To Fix the FOV for Widescreen:
go to the [Default] section and bind an unused key to "SetFOV 90" without quotes. hit that key ingame to change the FOV. it holds between saves, so you shouldn't have to do it more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom