• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you are using Opera Next, the Chrome version works pretty well in it. It usually only takes Opera a few days to "certify" each new version.

If you're using the original Opera, yes you should upgrade. The version of Enhanced Steam that I built specifically for that one is buggy, old, and a port of the Firefox version.
Duuuuude... No one who has any kind of respect for their PC would install Opera Next. Opera 12 for life, baby!

But yes, maybe Chrome could be my de facto Steam browser. Just gotta make sure to keep it well hidden, so as not to feel too embarrassed because of that.

Click for the full size

GTAV
Lacks SecuROM and RGSC logos.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Click for the full size

GTAV
The Binding of Isaac

I'm curious - do you back up your Steam games to disc and put them into CD / DVD cases?

Duuuuude... No one who has any kind of respect for their PC would install Opera Next. Opera 12 for life, baby!

But yes, maybe Chrome could be my de facto Steam browser. Just gotta make sure to keep it well hidden, so as not to feel too embarrassed because of that.

Well just thought I'd point out that extension and javascript support for Opera Next are the same as Chrome - in case you don't want to completely jump ship. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
waaaaaat

So there is "Games for Windows" separate from "Games for Windows Live"? So stupid...

games for windows is first and foremost a branding to help pc at retail (small, standardized box sizes and for a few years most retailers had space specifically for GFW games), and second is intended to have a checklist of features for games to follow (easy installers, controller support, obeys parental controls in vista/7). it really has nothing to do with anything.

games for windows live is a digital distribution service, marketplace, and platform that attaches to xbox.

no connection at all

derExperte

O12 is so slow on some newer sites it's getting embarrassing. This was once upon a time the fastest and leanest browser around, not anymore. And version 18 could make me finally jump over if they get everything in that they're planning (http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2013/09/11/opera-18-developer-stream). Next was shit at first and still kinda is but I have the feeling they're on the right track.

Grief.exe

I'm curious - do you back up your Steam games to disc and put them into CD / DVD cases?

No, I just mostly do this for fun.

I do want to get some empty DVD cases, print these out at Staples, and have them on my gaming bookshelf. That is for the future though. Its just a travesty that all of my favorite PC games are digital, and there is a massive gap in my gaming collection where these games should be.

I forgot to link to my album with all of my covers in the other post.

"Regenesis"?

8974647397_023ac69dc8_o.gif

9471667069_8070826746_o.gif
Still better than "Levolution".

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think imma replay gta 4 and try eps from liberty city

everyone's talking about gta, now I feel like playing it

Skip the replay of 4 and go right to the Episodes. Lost and Damned was really solid and I liked the vibe they went for. Gay Tony is like the second best thing Rockstar has done (Max Payne 3 being number 1). The writing, acting, mission design, and weaponry is mindblowingly good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
O12 is so slow on some newer sites it's getting embarrassing. This was once upon a time the fastest and leanest browser around, not anymore. And version 18 could make me finally jump over if they get everything in that they're planning (http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2013/09/11/opera-18-developer-stream). Next was shit at first and still kinda is but I have the feeling they're on the right track.
Nah, I still think it's great. It may be a little slow to render some JavaScript stuff, but I wouldn't change it for anything. The download manager, notes and UI customization options are enough to make me happy with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, I just mostly do this for fun.

I do want to get some empty DVD cases, print these out at Staples, and have them on my gaming bookshelf. That is for the future though. Its just a travesty that all of my favorite PC games are digital, and there is a massive gap in my gaming collection where these games should be.

That's cool. I'm kind of in the same boat. All of my physical stuff is stored away safely in my game library and my digital stuff is stored away on my Steam Library so I thought one day I too would try to bridge that gap.

Sorry for the bad camera quality

0XhvL6U.jpg

Sajjaja

Awesome! I just got my very own caption :D Thanks Stump (I'm assuming it's you.) To celebrate, here's an even lower resolution picture I took for SASRT. I'll hopefully get around to completing Dead Space 2 and 3 sometime in the future and post more screens, but until then, here you go :p

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. 640x480
CC8E824B78C8708BC52CD006B45C9BBB53CB396E

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161519255

Skip the replay of 4 and go right to the Episodes. Lost and Damned was really solid and I liked the vibe they went for. Gay Tony is like the second best thing Rockstar has done (Max Payne 3 being number 1). The writing, acting, mission design, and weaponry is mindblowingly good.

I just resumed playing 4 again because I never finished it. I feel like I should play 4 for the sake of completing it and do the episodes later.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just resumed playing 4 again because I never finished it. I feel like I should play 4 for the sake of completing it and do the episodes later.

I liked 4, but I don't see any reason for Zkylon to use it as a barrier to reach the episodes since he said he already beat it before. The fatigue would probably destroy the appeal of the episodes.

Grief.exe

That's cool. I'm kind of in the same boat. All of my physical stuff is stored away safely in my game library and my digital stuff is stored away on my Steam Library so I thought one day I too would try to bridge that gap.

Sorry for the bad camera quality

0XhvL6U.jpg

Well feel free to use the covers I create for your collection. If you have any suggestions or requests let me know. I'm always looking for criticism in that respect.

I have the perfect front cover image for HL2, but I don't know what to do with the back. Or with HL1 for that matter. I always run into road blocks when designing those cases.
Its also difficult to find the HL1/2 titles in high-resolution.

Here is the picture

DuRXHBn.png

Are those Universal Game Cases for your Snes games?

I do the same thing

ibippHnEszZ8Wm.png

Awesome! I just got my very own caption :D Thanks Stump (I'm assuming it's you.) To celebrate, here's an even lower resolution picture I took for SASRT. I'll hopefully get around to completing Dead Space 2 and 3 sometime in the future and post more screens, but until then, here you go :p

Relevant tag :)

Khronico

Is... Is it playable?

Also, I tried DS3 with my laptop (which is almost identical to yours) and it runs like garbage no matter the settings (even forcing 640x480 in the ini). Enter at your own risk.

Jawmuncher

I remember when I had a decent sized game collection. Lost about half of it from theft.
Sure was pretty crap since the half I lost were my favorite titles like my whole MGS and RE collections. That moment is part of my reason for me really jumping on steam with the digital distribution. Sorry for being a Debbie downer there for a bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
only thing I want is fallout 1 and 2 in them big boxes and I'll never get a phyiscal copy of a game ever again

it hurts so much that I won't ever have them

it's weird, even if I hate it I kinda really like 4, something about how the city feels and is layouted I've always enjoyed, even if the story is typical rockstar garbage and the gameplay is super clunky.

but yea, I'll do your thing, in actuality thinking about playing whole fucking gta 4 again is too much

jshackles

Well feel free to use the covers I create for your collection. If you have any suggestions or requests let me know. I'm always looking for criticism in that respect.

Now that I have about 1,200 Steam games I'm not sure if I'll ever actually take the task on or not. I think my wife would kill me.

Are those Universal Game Cases for your Snes games?

I do the same thing

Yeah all of my NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis games (which you can't really see in that photo since the couch is in the way) are in Universal Game Cases.

I really gotta get a better shot of that back wall. :)

Sajjaja

Is... Is it playable?

Also, I tried DS3 with my laptop (which is almost identical to yours) and it runs like garbage no matter the settings (even forcing 640x480 in the ini). Enter at your own risk.

Oh yeah? Might not work then but it's requirements are the same across all Dead Spaces.

And yeah SASRT is playable but there is an issue with the water graphics missing because of something called INTZ which has issues with older cards apparently (like my integrated Radeon 4250). But the developers are pretty active and have been making headway for the last 6 months or so. You can get playable FPS but the water graphics are very pixelated or just missing so it kind of makes it hard. As for the multiplayer, I usually ended up dead last when I played with other gaffers but I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of my skill, but rather my computer's processor was not strong enough to keep up (at least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night :p). But the single player plays perfectly fine (with exception to the water).

Wow Saj, thats one baller tag.

:D

Grief.exe

Now that I have about 1,200 Steam games I'm not sure if I'll ever actually take the task on or not. I think my wife would kill me.

Yeah all of my NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis games (which you can't really see in that photo since the couch is in the way) are in Universal Game Cases.

I really gotta get a better shot of that back wall. :)

I have no intention of creating cases for all of the games on my Steam account, I will create covers for somewhere around 30 of my favorite games.

Universal Game Cases are amazing. I actually like them better than the standard SNES covers, and they are much easier, and cheaper, to find.

I have no intention of creating cases for all of the games on my Steam account, I will create covers for somewhere around 30 of my favorite games.

Universal Game Cases are amazing. I actually like them better than the standard SNES covers, and they are much easier, and cheaper, to find.

create cases for all of jacec's games ; )

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 53 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DLC Quest -- MB-66A7B1D03B524D4B - Taken by Eanan. 17 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 9 (BTA) -- MB-7363986205AD6C9F - Taken by creamsugar. 28 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-D5882A09C3A1DC7F - Taken by JBourne. 37 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-919BA81EFD57FF91 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 41 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-A4CD4B5023DB73F4 - Taken by Rayge. 11 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking #2 -- MB-2031ACCBB01A83AB - Taken by intheinbetween. 89 entrants total.
Humble THQ Bundle (BTA) -- MB-091A566F4B63FF28 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 20 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-F9F2526EC07896B1 - Taken by valouris. 59 entrants total.
Giana Sisters #3 -- MB-5309E2F92456202E - Taken by creamsugar. 35 entrants total.
Unmechanical -- MB-4E976B53DFA5A675 - Taken by kulapik. 13 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-923742041089FB1F - Taken by Infinite Justice. 9 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-39BB7C23E0CD1377 - Taken by SonicXtreme. 14 entrants total.
Amnesia -- MB-8A18EB58138AF567 - Taken by nacimento. 8 entrants total.
Dead Pixels -- MB-D4C17730D0F6AC51 - Taken by ZeroXZee. 16 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-E346AFE65DA76925 - Taken by FauX. 16 entrants total.
Giana Sisters -- MB-61986CDD7A72642E - Taken by inm8num2. 35 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-76F002CC952CF00C - Taken by KenOD. 33 entrants total.
Rochard -- MB-719659C2591DA7DA - Taken by FauX. 10 entrants total.
Humble Weekly Sale -- MB-EA09FF522F5AB011 - Taken by MajorMelchett. 32 entrants total.
Brothers -- MB-44C5700AE7205FC4 - Taken by FloatingDivider. 99 entrants total.
Rogue Legacy -- MB-E233A101165797E8 - Taken by firehawk12. 100 entrants total.
Rochard #2 -- MB-812F8D37BA069343 - Taken by Spawn. 14 entrants total.
La-Mulana #2 -- MB-27EAB464913B0B34 - Taken by trailmix16. 38 entrants total.
Contraption Maker -- MB-EFEF835CD240FD2F - Taken by oipic. 18 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-318C02719A4D9BBC - Taken by Tellaerin. 9 entrants total.
Assault Android Cactus -- MB-322F86221CA06DB8 - Taken by TouchMyBox. 43 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 8 (BTA) -- MB-3FCC01EFFFAF1127 - Taken by inm8num2. 14 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-7B32A0A264B1AED0 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 46 entrants total.
MirrorMoon EP -- MB-4CF6D5F940F6372D - Taken by Knurek. 42 entrants total.
Bleed -- MB-0E997E60EDDCDBBC - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan. 24 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-58C19348A11EF80B - Taken by ricochetguro. 96 entrants total.
Incredipede -- MB-2971941F83DBC981 - Taken by Wok. 24 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-897B3BFC6FE93056 - Taken by Wok. 18 entrants total.
Tiny and Big -- MB-9C44DF9E6994C978 - Taken by creamsugar. 5 entrants total.
Agarest -- MB-F63968B328C79051 - Taken by denx. 62 entrants total.
Shadowgrounds -- MB-0EB1256EC10167BA - Taken by oipic. 12 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-756D2325BBFE2B00 - Taken by zkylon. 16 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-4324B781B5E1D628 - Taken by Rayge. 28 entrants total.
Perfection. -- MB-1463B8AACA3717E6 - Taken by kami_sama. 11 entrants total.
Kerbal Space Program -- MB-0FB58A31CC754DDE - Taken by StWilson85. 80 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-598FA0A91B48F349 - Taken by Tenrius. 151 entrants total.
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Plus -- MB-5E252FF4A2CB0736 - Taken by Mairu. 105 entrants total.
La-Mulana -- MB-F5CDCD9DE438C712 - Taken by greendomo's ghost. 34 entrants total.
Chaos Engine -- MB-991DE0128B5DDB8E - Taken by MikeDip. 24 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-4F53A3450BA141F1 - Taken by Sajjaja. 75 entrants total.
Giana Sisters #2 -- MB-DB88095EA6E22BB0 - Taken by Firehead. 32 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-6935D0FE1162A54E - Taken by TheD. 58 entrants total.
Primordia -- MB-89C5AC548E3755C7 - Taken by Wok. 19 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-6C6E8559D4251A7C - Taken by Fare Godmace. 48 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-E23D2E5F5BD009C5 - Taken by Tellaerin. 16 entrants total.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 -- MB-9D845A0211495B02 - Taken by adaen. 21 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-8A76F23D49408336 - Taken by The Super Bob. 15 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-AD090AE31A034BC9 - Taken by Servizio. 125 entrants total.

t1379554416z1.png

jshackles

Epic anonymous giveaway! Entered a few myself! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom