• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

capsule_616x353.jpg

Smart. Can't miss it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It's got a huge learning curve, but once you can manage to solve a few puzzles, it gets pretty addictive. Just explore, save any hints that look useful once you get the option to do so, and push on. You can solve at least on puzzle on nearly every screen, but it's not often apparent. If you get too frustrated, use a faq for a couple of puzzles, as you will still have plenty left. Always keep at least 10 or 20 weights on you.

It's the metroidvania I always dreamed of and it's genuinely one of the best games I've ever played, but it is so frustrating at times that I still have yet to finish it. Every puzzle I solve and every boss I fight are, however, incredibly rewarding.

Mega late in my reply, but thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'll definitely give it another shot.

...And speaking of hard games, I just bought Volgarr to play on my arcade stick that just came in the mail. So excited.

Edit: Also, I should mention that everyone should buy Gunpoint. Definitely one of my favorite games this year so far. Really funny dialogue, great music, fun gameplay, and only about 3 hours (a plus in my book).

Dingotech

I keep watching that second gif as the goods seem to get closer and closer to making an appearance...

But all I get is puke. :(

Voted for Hyper Light Drifter on greenlight, looks really good.
I finished up the Walking Dead DLC last night, thanks to the person that gave that away on here again. It really distracted me from my GTA V download that took all night!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hopefully people also find this information helpful:

vq8DIRQ.png

Is there any way to turn off the kill cam in F:NV when you use V.A.T.S? The option in the menu only seems to affect non V.A.T.S kills. That thing is so much annoying. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
finally beaten I am alive

overhaul the "combat", add actual stealth, and I'd day-1 the sequel

I'm out of games again lol

Turfster

of course gunpoint gets cards the day after I uninstall it

Oh no, all those tens of megabytes! Where will you store them?!

Also, if you're looking for new games, there's quite a few bundles running at the moment that might have something you might be interested in. I promise they're not MOBAs ;)

Dec

I'm really struggling through Witcher 1. Read all the books twice, haven't beaten Witcher 1 ever. The story parts are great because even though the game stories aren't canon, I want to see them, but every time there is an open area with a bunch of quests to do I lose interest.

Geralt barely kills monsters in the books, it's all about the journey. It just doesn't seem to make sense to have a story that is supposed to be urgent, then suddenly end up running around a swamp for a week doing quests for the locals. There is one instance this happens in the entire series, in the last book, and it makes sense in that case for reasons I wont say.

I'll probably keep trying a bit longer until I just watch youtube videos.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh no, all those tens of megabytes! Where will you store them?!
well it's just the timing of it :p

I don't think I've ever gotten cards for a game I was actually playing heh

Also, if you're looking for new games, there's quite a few bundles running at the moment that might have something you might be interested in. I promise they're not MOBAs ;)
link me babe

I'm really struggling through Witcher 1. Read all the books twice, haven't beaten Witcher 1 ever. The story parts are great because even though the game stories aren't canon, I want to see them, but every time there is an open area with a bunch of quests to do I lose interest.

Geralt barely kills monsters in the books, it's all about the journey. It just doesn't seem to make sense to have a story that is supposed to be urgent, then suddenly end up running around a swamp for a week doing quests for the locals. There is one instance this happens in the entire series, in the last book, and it makes sense in that case for reasons I wont say.

I'll probably keep trying a bit longer until I just watch youtube videos.
don't worry duder, most people dread the first chapter, but just bear with it and when you'll get to vizima it'll get much better. also some things you do in chapter one have pretty nice payoffs later on (one of my favorite moments in rpg history that I'm not going to spoil)

personally I really liked chapter one, the atmosphere, music and look was just fantastic for me, weird-ass we forgot a cutscene thing at the start aside.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So AOE3 is probably not going to remove GFWL and thus get all messed up, right? I already passed on a nice Amazon deal for it and here it came up again.

Dec

don't worry duder, most people dread the first chapter, but just bear with it and when you'll get to vizima it'll get much better. also some things you do in chapter one have pretty nice payoffs later on (one of my favorite moments in rpg history that I'm not going to spoil)

personally I really liked chapter one, the atmosphere, music and look was just fantastic for me, weird-ass we forgot a cutscene thing at the start aside.

I just left Vizima and into the swamp. My issue it seems is that I view the open areas filled with quests as something I slog through to get to the main story bits on the other side.

Jawmuncher

So uhhh there isn't an auto idler by chance is there? Gotta say would love to knock out some cards while I was sleeping. Really want to grab all the current drops I need so that I can just focus on onesies and twosies when I get back.

Dice

buhhhh -_____________________-

well it was $7.50 on amazon so nevermind this one

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Going back 10 pages and looking through the profiles that were linked there is certainly something. I wish my poor brain could begin to comprehend what it just saw.

ZIL1Z.png

Take Super Meat Boy. Now remove his legs and drop him from a great height. That is Nimbus. You are a momentum-driven spaceship whose only means of acceleration is gravity. As you fall, you gain speed. As you rise, you lose it. This deceptively simple mechanic combined with dozens of deviously designed but pleasantly short levels creates the sort of lasting appeal that will have you returning again and again, because you almost had it that last time, if only you could nudge yourself over that... last... ledge... New and interesting mechanics are introduced at a pleasant pace but quickly turn against you as you fail again and again. Despite the games difficulty, you will rarely feel frustrated as the developers managed a smooth difficulty curve throughout. And if you somehow get angry at it, the pleasant and soothing music will quickly calm you down. It took me over a year to finish this game, in short spurts between other, more laborious experiences, and it kept me engaged the entire time. It's always puzzled me that this game didn't arise to the pantheon of the Great Indies alongside such games as the aforementioned Super Meat Boy. I encourage everyone to play it!

02zp9.gif

KS2AH.gif

(thanks to GAF OT for pics)
This totally sold me on the game. Will get it next time it goes on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
No idea. Kaer Morhen -> outskirts of Vizima -> Vizima -> unnamed swamp.
oh, right, iirc you're in chapter 4. I thought you were in chapter 1 before.

well if it helps, you're really close to the end. next chapter you're back in vizima and it's the last one, and it's mostly story-based.

story gets some good plot-twists and revelations, though you probably already know how it ends if you've read the books.

Dice

Going back 10 pages and looking through the profiles that were linked there is certainly something. I wish my poor brain could begin to comprehend what it just saw.

This totally sold me on the game. Will get it next time it goes on sale.
When it came out I said it was like SMB, Nights, and DKC.

Dec

oh, right, iirc you're in chapter 4. I thought you were in chapter 1 before.

well if it helps, you're really close to the end. next chapter you're back in vizima and it's the last one, and it's mostly story-based.

story gets some good plot-twists and revelations, though you probably already know how it ends if you've read the books.

The books actually end 5 years before the first game starts. The ending of the last book explains why no one has seen Geralt in a long time. As far as I know Sapkowski thinks of the games as fan fiction, but I love the series so I want to see everything there is to see.

zkylon

zkylewd
The books actually end 5 years before the first game starts. The ending of the last book explains why no one has seen Geralt in a long time. As far as I know Sapkowski thinks of the games as fan fiction, but I love the series so I want to see everything there is to see.

well, in any case you're too close to the end to give up now!

think of all the plowing waiting for you at the other side

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Easier on the eyes?

T5VCo4Z.png
This looks great. I'm kinda tempted to download Chrome so I can use the proper version of Enhanced Steam...

Kinda. I can't forsake Opera like that, even after what it did in the new version.

Totally digging Borderlands, hits that Kingdom of Amalur 'one more mission before sleep' vibe. I can see why (some) people here hate it, sure, but it hits all the right spots for me. Would be my GOTY if I had friend to play with, I guess. Still a great experience.

I just wish the game didn't have respawning enemies (maybe in some select areas) - it would be a much tighter experience, if you wouldn't be able to grind.
Borderlands 1? Next time you see me logged in on Steam, just ask me to play it with you and I'll say yes. Never got past the second hub/town/whatever, but I was really enjoying it so far.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks great. I'm kinda tempted to download Chrome so I can use the proper version of Enhanced Steam...

Kinda. I can't forsake Opera like that, even after what it did in the new version.

If you are using Opera Next, the Chrome version works pretty well in it. It usually only takes Opera a few days to "certify" each new version.

If you're using the original Opera, yes you should upgrade. The version of Enhanced Steam that I built specifically for that one is buggy, old, and a port of the Firefox version. It was monumentally difficult given their old plugin architecture and limited javascript support. Even if I wanted to, I doubt that most of the new Enhanced Steam features could even be ported to the old Opera plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom