• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-installed and began replaying Deus Ex: Human Revolution, doing a bit of a dry run for the Director's Cut I guess. I'm looking forward to actually being able to play the game the way I want without having to cheese my way through the boss encounters. Yelena drove me bonkers with my stealth/social build the first time through, almost made me stop playing HR outright. This time through I've gone for an out and out combat build and have been having fun simply mowing everything down. Just made it to T.Y.M.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just got back from GRAVITY

sorry video games you are no longer the superior form of media.

my love for film has been rekindled.

bye steam

only sort of kidding.

Cuaron is probably my favourite director working today. I hope he teams up with a certain Irish lass in the future.

I read somewhere that owners of the vanilla version can upgrade to Directors Cut.

That's still rather vague, though -- would the upgrade be via DLC or a separate app, with a discount offered to owners of DE:HR vanilla?

That's still rather vague, though -- would the upgrade be via DLC or a separate app with a discount offered to owners of DE:HR vanilla?

I dont know, sorry. Some say upgrade is free and you get it as DLC on Steam. Others say it will cost 10€. And there are some sites that are saying no upgrade at all because its "pretty cheap" already. Well i guess time will tell.

JaseC

I dont know, sorry. Some say upgrade is free and you get it as DLC on Steam. Others say it will cost 10€. And there are some sites that are saying no upgrade at all because its "pretty cheap" already. Well i guess time will tell.

Or to put it another way, nobody knows. :p

So what's the over-under on the Enhance Edition of Baldur's Gate? Worth it? Can I import saves to the old disc-based version of BG2 or will I need to wait for the Enhanced Version of that?

On a side-note, I decided to see if GOG had the game on sale too and noticed that Freespace 2 is currently on sale there. I've been waiting for that for ages so I logged in and tried to buy it, only to find I had already done so over a year ago for an even better discount. These digital sales, man...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the over-under on the Enhance Edition of Baldur's Gate? Worth it? Can I import saves to the old disc-based version of BG2 or will I need to wait for the Enhanced Version of that?

My last post on it in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84904637&highlight=#post84904637

I really really like it and had no problems with the EE whatsoever (except for one flickering problem which was easily solved). You can import and export savegames, but I didn't try it out.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok I've never played a scary game with headphones and in the dark and figured I'd try it with knock-knock

bad idea

never doing that again T_T

JaseC

Wasn't there supposed to be an "Elderscrolls Collection" last month?

It's one of those ancient physical things:

Exciting news today for Elder Scrolls fans. On September 10th (and September 13th in Europe), we’ll be releasing The Elder Scrolls Anthology on PC. This premium box set ([not] shown above) includes all five main games from the series – Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim – as well all the official add-ons and expansions for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

DNF

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-1FBD1EBC9F3E6114 - Taken by Volcynika
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-56F9E8CF77793D39 - Taken by Kifimbo

It looks very appealing, I don't think it's a waste at all if you like the series. Collectibles are cool.

TES is pretty much the only series I might still 'waste' money on. Didn't go for the Skyrim collector's edition because it was too expensive, but this was a great deal for me, not having the previous games on disc yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom