• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey! I'll get around to that copy of The Great Art Race someday...

There was one afternoon, I think in 2011 or 2012, where I thought to myself, "I should play some of these games I bought yonks ago". I started with 123 Kick It and almost instantly lost interest, but to be fair, jumping through hoops for the potatoes probably coloured my perception somewhat.

Lord_Byron

Neo Member
i think i broke the internet :/

bp1s.png

Lint21

Neo Member
In the absence of a PC port for GTA V, I started playing through GTA IV again yesterday and got to the Russian Revolution mission. I played through upon launch on PS3, but man - I hardly remember ANY of this story. It's really good :)

Looks kind of incredible with Icenhancer and Better City Textures, too.

Milamber

i think i broke the internet :/

bp1s.png
Mi nachos en el fuego!

In the absence of a PC port for GTA V, I started playing through GTA IV again yesterday and got to the Russian Revolution mission. I played through upon launch on PS3, but man - I hardly remember ANY of this story. It's really good :)

Looks kind of incredible with Icenhancer and Better City Textures, too.
How's the framerate hit with those mods?

Kammie

Finished 100%ing Sleeping Dogs today. I'm just missing the Year of the Snake DLC, but I'll get that the day it goes on sale.

The game is a little by-the-numbers and repetitive, and none of the mechanics are necessarily stellar, but I *loved* the setting, and the humor that the game has is fantastic. I would really recommend the game to anyone.

I've seen the sequel rumored around here a few times. If there's one thing I hope from it, it's that you're able to go not only into more buildings, but that you're able to go inside and on top of the skyscrapers. They probably didn't implement that here due to engine issues (heck, half the map is fenced off), but it really needs to be there to capture the feel of a city like Hong Kong.

Still, thumbs up. I was thoroughly entertained. It's not often that a game makes me laugh like this.

Salsa

I think this trip broke me. Last couple days since ive been back ive been out a lot visiting friends and my sister and doing like.. outside shit

I havent launched Steam in like 3 days. I need to get my priorities straight again

JaseC

I think this trip broke me. Last couple days since ive been back ive been out a lot visiting friends and my sister and doing like.. outside shit

I havent launched Steam in like 3 days. I need to get my priorities straight again

But you've been playing your 3DS, haven't you!? Haven't you!? You whore!

Milamber

Hopefully, you bought Rune Factory 4 and are getting all the bitches.

Cheddahz

Banned
All I've been playing lately is CS:GO with some friends and NBA 2K13. I recently ordered Dragon's Crown for my Vita, so I won't be on Steam as much (again)

JaseC

Adding the USP and M4A1 to GO is the best thing Valve has ever done. I also noticed that Siege was (finally) added to the official rotation, but I'm not sure if I like it. I think the issue I have with community-made maps versus Valve/HPE's own is that the former tend to feel too busy whereas the latter strike a nice balance between function and flair.

JaseC

It's okay, he's just coyly referring to Acti's brilliant decision to finally release Heretic II on Steam.

Uiki

Adding the USP and M4A1 to GO is the best thing Valve has ever done. I also noticed that Siege was (finally) added to the official rotation, but I'm not sure if I like it. I think the issue I have with community-made maps versus Valve/HPE's own is that the former tend to feel too busy whereas the latter strike a nice balance between function and flair.

Cache is godlike. I found it way better than the majority of valve's maps in go. Timings are perfect.

And it's the only operation bravo map that I like :/

fantomena

After Im done with Castlevania: LoS (im on chapter 12) I will focus on my PS3 games to finish as many as I can before it releases. Im done with all my X360 games. So I won't be playing much on PC till then.

Here are some of the PS3 games I need to finish:

Bodycount
Demons Souls (god bless you PS+)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (god bless you PS+)
Sly 3
Sly 4
ibb&obb
Shadow of the Colossus HD
ICO HD
Koami HD
Ni No Kuni
Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy

Derrick01

Banned
After Im done with Castlevania: LoS (im on chapter 12) I will focus on my PS3 games to finish as many as I can before it releases. Im done with all my X360 games. So I won't be playing much on PC till then.

Bodycount
Sly 3
Sly 4
ibb&obb
ICO HD
Koami HD
Ni No Kuni

The sly series is pretty terrible to be honest but they only get worse as you get further into it. 3 and 4 are way too focused on the annoying friends and it's pretty much endless mini games. There's no decent platforming or difficulty to be found in those games.

Other than those good luck with the rest. You've got some pretty lengthy games in that list.

JaseC

Cache is godlike. I found it way better than the majority of valve's maps in go. Timings are perfect.

And it's the only operation bravo map that I like :/

Having looked it up, I don't think I've played Cache yet. I must have skipped the map by accident, thinking I'd already spent some time with it.

Cheddahz

Banned

Bodycount
Sly 3
Sly 4
ibb&obb
ICO HD
Koami HD
Ni No Kuni

Play Dragon's Dogma, Demons Souls, Okami HD, ICO and SotC HD, and R&C HD

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Did you confirm that this works?

I did that and hasn't done anything for me. Of course, I haven't been in an actual game since then, just walked around the apartment.

Seemed like it worked for me. I'll be honest that I did that before even trying the default mp FOV but from what I seen from using the default FOV in sp, it's definitely better than that.

fantomena

The sly series is pretty terrible to be honest but they only get worse as you get further into it. 3 and 4 are way too focused on the annoying friends and it's pretty much endless mini games. There's no decent platforming or difficulty to be found in those games.

I know. Sly 1 and 2 was fun, but 3 and 4 is boring as shit. Don't know if I will play them.

Turfster

Daily: Magic2014 50% off
2K Daily: Civilization V 75% off, all DLC 75% off except BNW, which is 33% off. Civilization III&IV also 75% off.

Other than those good luck with the rest. You've got some pretty lengthy games in that list.

You have a fair critique of the later Sly games, but you best not be talking mess about Sly 1.

Sajjaja

I actually just picked up Sly 4 for $10. Buti didn't playthrough 2 or 3 yet so I'm doing that first. I can't wait to play Sly 4.

Sly 2 is pretty fun.

Derrick01

Banned
You have a fair critique of the later Sly games, but you best not be talking mess about Sly 1.

That's the only decent game in the series. You die in 1 hit, 2 if you get the powerup and it has some ok platforming.

I still felt like it was too easy because most of the platforming moves you can do are related to that automatic stuff. Like all you do is hit circle and he sticks to whatever you're going after.

oh yes....Magic is on sale finally. but not the DLCs? lame

Just got back from GRAVITY

sorry video games you are no longer the superior form of media.

my love for film has been rekindled.

bye steam

only sort of kidding.

great news. Was hoping to get out and see it this week, no such luck. Definitely on my 'must see' list.

Carm

Weird, Enhanced Stearn doesn't see me as owning Civ V Wonders of the Ancient World pack, though I do own it.

Steam itself should show that you don't own it either. I have the same issue, load up the game and it's there though. Been that way since release, no idea why its never been fixed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird, Enhanced Stearn doesn't see me as owning Civ V Wonders of the Ancient World pack, though I do own it.

The code for ES's ownership detection is very very simple. It uses Valve's ownership check API. If stuff doesn't come back as owned, it's because Valve isn't reporting it properly. :(

Momentary

Banned
Daily: Magic2014 50% off
2K Daily: Civilization V 75% off, all DLC 75% off except BNW, which is 33% off. Civilization III&IV also 75% off.

Got so excited for Magic... Then saw that it didn't include that tasty DLC. :(

WotC could make so much more money if they would just make the full blown game with all the cards in digital format.

But then I would just complain and be mad at how they over price their booster packs.

JaseC

The cross-check that Steam runs when you view a page versus that which takes place when you attempt to purchase something are different and this, for whatever reason, trips up some subs. Despite the store page not showing that you own the content, if you attempt to purchase it, Steam will spit back an error.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Eternia

I was hoping Brave New World would get bumped to 50% at least. That would have brought it down to about 3 keys in a trade. All around disappointment for DLC this weekend sale.

Tagyhag

Bodycount
Sly 3
Sly 4
ibb&obb
ICO HD
Koami HD
Ni No Kuni

I'm soooo sorry.

JaseC

So... Steam has added extra 32 hours to the playtime of every single game that I fired up at least once. Is that a common bug?

The play time stats are wonky at the moment. Initially they weren't being reported at all for some but now they're incorrect for everybody (though not necessarily for every game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom