• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have been staring at my computer screen for nearly ten minutes trying argue against this, but I got nothing. I will say that while they share plenty of assets, Bioshock 2 has plenty of it's own unique assets. I'm just not convinced that would have been a significant hurdle for a prequel Bioshock.

I'm just making the point that a prequel would've greatly reduced if not rendered infeasible the ability to repurpose Bio1 assets; Rapture proper would have been in a completely different state to what we'd seen in the original game.

The game still costs 5 euros. How much is it in the US?

$5 for the base game or $10 for the bundle.

JaseC

Yoohoo, my first steam trade/buy/shenanigan thing with a Russian seller.
I was a little stressed but the sum was reasonable enough to take the risk. And now I've got Chaos on Deponia for a great price :luv:

But to be sure, isn't there a risk of ban for doing this sort of thing ? Don't see why but hey, better be safe than sorry. Am I being paranoid ?
And btw, it was the seller you mentioned Jase, nice and good prices.

You won't get banned as Valve stopped banning accounts ~18 months ago now*, plus as the receiver you're not at fault. As Wok said, if the seller issues a chargeback on the purchase, you'd find yourself without a game, but I'll vouch for rash here and say that I've purchased at least ~half-dozen games from him over the past couple of months and they're all still in my account -- I'm sure he's wise enough to realise that, although his profit margin is only to the order of a couple of bucks or so, bad word of mouth would quickly ruin his business. If you purchase using Steam items, though (e.g. keys or other tradeable items), you have a safety net as if you do get screwed over, you can ask Valve to reverse the trade.

* Account functionality is restricted instead.

I just got invited to the best group ever. :B1:

Shoosh you. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just found a launch xbox 360 racing wheel, few questions. What games support the force feedback on Windows, if any. Can I use a normal phone wire to hook up the wheel to the pedals? Is the thing even any good or did I just waste $15?

alstein

If Valve restricts your account, couldn't you just get around it by making a 2nd Steam account to buy games, then gift them to the restricted account?

So... bought Civ4 Complete just and now I have 8 new entries in my Steam library of which 4 are duplicates, maybe mac versions or something. Library ruined, gotta hide them somewhere. On the other hand, "game count" is now 290.

graywolf323

So... bought Civ4 Complete just and now I have 8 new entries in my Steam library of which 4 are duplicates, maybe mac versions or something. Library ruined, gotta hide them somewhere. On the other hand, "game count" is now 290.

yep Civ IV and the classic GTA games both are like that where you get dupes in the library for the mac versions

JaseC

If Valve restricts your account, couldn't you just get around it by making a 2nd Steam account to buy games, then gift them to the restricted account?

I'd assume Valve disabling gifting works both ways when it's looking to disable your ability to add to your library.

Li Kao

Ok now I'm also the proud owner of Civ V gold, nice of them to offer an upgrade option over the base game.
Now to slow down a little, we are just beginning this month... :-S

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So, there's a "Half-Life Complete" and yet there's not HL3, I think I can connect the dots.

Li Kao

Uh, and while I'm on the subject of Firaxis DLC, can anybody tell me if the slingshot DLC for XCOM change the game ending in any way ?
I didn't finish XCOM yet and don't want to add something that would alter the game narrative (yup, OCD...)
Same for the elite soldier pack, does it unbalance the game ?

Uh, and while I'm on the subject of Firaxis DLC, can anybody tell me if the slingshot DLC for XCOM change the game ending in any way ?
I didn't finish XCOM yet and don't want to add something that would alter the game narrative (yup, OCD...)

elite soldier pack is purely cosmetic.

Just found a launch xbox 360 racing wheel, few questions. What games support the force feedback on Windows, if any. Can I use a normal phone wire to hook up the wheel to the pedals? Is the thing even any good or did I just waste $15?

I owned one a couple of years ago, and it worked fine with most racing titles. Can't really remember if it supported FFB though (I mostly played Forza and PGR).

According to Wikipedia:

The Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows information page specifies that there will be future drivers available which will enable force feedback in Windows Vista. However, as of May 2013, no drivers with force feedback are available in Windows.

F1 2011 supports it officially (and I'm sure the sequels do as well). And seeing as Dirt is made by Codemasters, they're also likely to support it.

masterkajo

elite soldier is pure cosmetic. slingshot is 3 missions (instead of council missions but you can choose if you want to play them or not) plus new chracter and cosmetic. it does not change the ending at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the deck customization for Magic 2014 pretty good?

There's no full deck customization, so no. But yes, the "deck customization" is good in 14 since you can remove a bunch of filler cards.

Also bought. I didn't think they'd drop the price of it so soon but thanks Wizards/Stainless/Valve.

Now put DMC4 up for $5 in a Daily, Gabe. ;___;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Something new I'm working on:

XT1vfgw.png

Grief.exe

There's no full deck customization, so no. But yes, the "deck customization" is good in 14 since you can remove a bunch of filler cards.

Also bought. I didn't think they'd drop the price of it so soon but thanks Wizards/Stainless/Valve.

Now put DMC4 up for $5 in a Daily, Gabe. ;___;

You can probably grab DMC3/4 pack for $5 next sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can probably grab DMC3/4 pack for $5 next sale.

Oh, I know. It's just a matter of when. I've been sitting here for like two months wanting to buy it and buying daily deals that are good like that Magic deal. >_> <_< >_>

Just logged onto my Steam account for the first time in a bit. Password had been changed, so I was skeptical. Finally got access and went to the email associated with my account (I never use it) and notice there were emails regarding refunds of $50 and $10 (about 5 of them) to some credit card I do not own. I log into Steam and it asked if I made purchases from China. Nope, sure didn't.

Anyways, my account is locked so I can't add games or anything involving money. So I'm stuck here with a ticket in and no idea how long it will take to reactivate. This is my first time dealing with Steam support. How quick are they to resolve tickets? Anyone have any experience with something similar?

maneil99

Just logged onto my Steam account for the first time in a bit. Password had been changed, so I was skeptical. Finally got access and went to the email associated with my account (I never use it) and notice there were emails regarding refunds of $50 and $10 (about 5 of them) to some credit card I do not own. I log into Steam and it asked if I made purchases from China. Nope, sure didn't.

Anyways, my account is locked so I can't add games or anything involving money. So I'm stuck here with a ticket in and no idea how long it will take to reactivate. This is my first time dealing with Steam support. How quick are they to resolve tickets? Anyone have any experience with something similar?
Depends could be a day could be a week

kurahador

Shouldn't the first episode of the second season of The Walking Dead be available this month too?

Whoa...really??? Is the game even done?
Nothing is revealed about TWD season 2 at all unlike Wolf Among Us.

And I think Telltale would wait on that.

Turfster

Shouldn't the first episode of the second season of The Walkind Dead be available this month too?

Eh, I'll wait to get it until the season is complete. The first season and 400 Days were... very uneven at times, so if one of the episodes is more pedestrian, I want a (hopefully better) episode to play right after =p

inm8num2

I don't think TWD Season 2 will start up until sometime next year. The last I remember was a Q4 2013 projection from back in March.

MRORANGE

I think I will wait on the TWD2 and pick it in the Christmas sale, it was 40% off back then in 2012 summer sale, plus they had three episdoes out by then.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
You should add a LTTP to your post, and yes, you just needed to keep scrolling a bit more for your answer. :p

I don't do scrolling

For one second I thought I was admired though so now we must be mortal enemies, One day we will cross paths in OT and there will be a battle in which I will conquer you

You will fall and I will offer you a hand only to throw you back into the mud

Fear me Monk

Fear me

I think I will wait on the TWD2 and pick it in the Christmas sale, it was 40% off back then in 2012 summer sale, plus they had three episdoes out by then.

Same.

I almost loved TWD but waiting for episodes sucked... And I am not giving them another cent until I can see no technical issues. Or at least they have issues but actually fix them.

Wok

I have checked and the first episode is supposed to be released during Q4, so it could be in December as well. October would be the earlier we could hope for.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
... my.... my boner....
Isn't Clem supposed to be only 9? Duuuuuude...

Eh, I'll wait to get it until the season is complete. The first season and 400 Days were... very uneven at times, so if one of the episodes is more pedestrian, I want a (hopefully better) episode to play right after =p
I'm thinking about doing this too, but only because I want to marathon the whole season in one night, like I did with the first one. It's gonna be hard though, as I'm eager to play some more TT goodness after 400 Days.

No idea if I should buy The Wolf Among Us now or also wait until all episodes are released.

Turfster

No idea if I should buy The Wolf Among Us now or also wait until all episodes are released.
I'd give it some time.
I mean, hopefully it's good, but... what if it's another Jurassic park?
Also, I'm really not a fan of episodic stuff in general.
Episodes are nice and all, and I'm sure the cash inflow helps the devs a lot, but for me, as a player, I prefer to play stories in one go, as it were, without having to wait months (or even 6 years and counting =p) to be able to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom