• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself, but Modbot messed with one of the game names in a way that's significant and Stump isn't around to do anything about it. So! There are only two copies of Giana Sisters. One of the "three" is actually the upcoming DLC, "Rise of the Owlverlord". If you win that but don't own the base game, well...sorry.

Sorry the list is a totally incomprehensible mess, too. I put it in alphabetical order because that way it might actually be possible to look for the game(s) you wanted and enter for them, but it appears that order isn't preserved. I can post the full list if somebody wants.

And yes, all of it is real. Nothing is Bad Rats. I might be "honorless" but I'm not an asshole. :p

Holy crap, man. This is an amazing giveaway. You are seriously too kind.

Colin.

Was checking some Greenlight games I was following previously, looks like The Stanley Parable will be out very shortly. Felt like it was greenlit for ages, but glad it's finally coming out. Really liked the source mod.

Lain

I have a question that hopefully one of you can help with.
I've installed Batman: Arkham City on an external HDD (I idn't have enough space on the internal one at the time), but now I want to move it to the main internal HDD and I'm not sure on how to go about that.
I tried using SteamTool Libray Manager, but doesn't seems like I can use that to do it.
How should I go about moving the game to the steam main folder without having to uninstall and download the game again?

Edit: Well, looks like I solved my problem by simply copying the game to the Steam folder.
On the plus side, I saw that awesome giveaway and entered for a couple games I was interested in. Thanks!

GaussTek

Awesome giveaway just a few pages ago. Entered a few. Thanks anony guy!

BTW, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ is not even out yet. AMAZING!

oipic

honorless, you are clearly anything but - thanks, mate. Some God-tier generosity there, and may your games find themselves good homes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
jesus christ, this giveaway. is this real life?

gB6Wgj8.gif
gB6Wgj8.gif
image.php

Cth

Still waiting to hear back on the status of wishlists.. Hopefully we can collectively do another pay it forward type deal like we did with Dunder for anyone who remember/participated.

Waiting to hear back so there's no duplicates/etc.

Jzero

Awesome! I just got my very own caption :D Thanks Stump (I'm assuming it's you.) To celebrate, here's an even lower resolution picture I took for SASRT. I'll hopefully get around to completing Dead Space 2 and 3 sometime in the future and post more screens, but until then, here you go :p

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. 640x480
CC8E824B78C8708BC52CD006B45C9BBB53CB396E

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161519255

I just resumed playing 4 again because I never finished it. I feel like I should play 4 for the sake of completing it and do the episodes later.
Haha i love the comments when you post screenshots.

Melted77

I have a question that hopefully one of you can help with.
I've installed Batman: Arkham City on an external HDD (I idn't have enough space on the internal one at the time), but now I want to move it to the main internal HDD and I'm not sure on how to go about that.
I tried using SteamTool Libray Manager, but doesn't seems like I can use that to do it.
How should I go about moving the game to the steam main folder without having to uninstall and download the game again?

You're going to want to find \Steam\SteamApps\common\<batmanarkham> on your external drive and copy that to your internal drive. Should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ or something like that. Then you can install it and it will check for existing files. You might have to re-install the directx stuff before you can start playing.

Cody_D165

Banned
Holy wow.

Astounded at that giveaway. There are a ton of games on that list that I need so I entered several. Hope I can come away with something.

Honorless, you sir are awesome.

denx

Holy shit that giveaway! honorless you're awesome. :D

Talking about awesome things, you all already know this, but I just want to say that Mark of the Ninja is awesome indeed.

Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself, but Modbot messed with one of the game names in a way that's significant and Stump isn't around to do anything about it. So! There are only two copies of Giana Sisters. One of the "three" is actually the upcoming DLC, "Rise of the Owlverlord". If you win that but don't own the base game, well...sorry. This may be standalone, so you could be in luck even if you don't own the base game...but I don't know for sure.

Sorry the list is a totally incomprehensible mess, too. I put it in alphabetical order because that way it might actually be possible to look for the game(s) you wanted and enter for them, but it appears that order isn't preserved. I can post the full list if somebody wants.

And yes, all of it is real. Nothing is Bad Rats. I might be "honorless" but I'm not an asshole. :p

EDIT: The Humble Weekly Sale is the Retro Shooters bundle, includes Hard Reset and System Shock 2. Thanks to gwynplaine for pointing it out.

EDIT EDIT: There is also only one copy of Rochard! The second one is the Hard Times DLC.

Holy shit dude, amazing generosity.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Well, it is a free for all. "Worst" case scenario, if you win a bunch of games, you could get only one and give the rest away again.
Is this possible though? I was under the impression that due to the throttle timer Stump has in ModBot each person can only win one game at any given time, even if they go for multiple codes at once. Since the Bot sends the codes in a given order, I assume the 15 minutes base throttle would still apply. (The system faced some issues but Stump fixed it in the last thread).

TheD

The Detective
That is an awesome giveaway, to bad I have not posted the 5 need posts :(
I entered the draw for one of the games without checking my post count, will mod bot still enter me if I end up posting enough before the prize is drawn? or do I have to enter again once I get enough or has it locked me out?

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself, but Modbot messed with one of the game names in a way that's significant and Stump isn't around to do anything about it. So! There are only two copies of Giana Sisters. One of the "three" is actually the upcoming DLC, "Rise of the Owlverlord". If you win that but don't own the base game, well...sorry. This may be standalone, so you could be in luck even if you don't own the base game...but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: The Humble Weekly Sale is the Retro Shooters bundle, includes Hard Reset and System Shock 2. Thanks to gwynplaine for pointing it out.

EDIT EDIT: There is also only one copy of Rochard! The second one is the Hard Times DLC.

Wow. Unbelievable giveaway. Kudos.

Mairu

Shit, uh...

Very kind of you to give away so many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom