• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

just saw the post and OH MY GOD!!!!

massive respect honorless (you should really get a name change after this :p) for that generosity.

+1 Just came back from a day out with the family and saw that crazy giveaway post.
There are a bunch of games from my wishlist on your giveaway so I put my hand up for a few, huge thanks in advance if I do win anything.

I just noticed La Mulana is on sale currently (Been distracted this week). Is it wrong that I feel like I should wait for it to be included in an indie bundle rather than buying it at it's current price...

I suppose the fact I'm about to spend a heap of time on GTA means that I don't really need it right now and can afford to wait for a bundle.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
+1 Just came back from a day out with the family and saw that crazy giveaway post.
There are a bunch of games from my wishlist on your giveaway so I put my hand up for a few, huge thanks in advance if I do win anything.

I just noticed La Mulana is on sale currently (Been distracted this week). Is it wrong that I feel like I should wait for it to be included in an indie bundle rather than buying it at it's current price...

I suppose the fact I'm about to spend a heap of time on GTA means that I don't really need it right now and can afford to wait for a bundle.

I actually got it in a groupees bundle before it was on Steam. I'd say you're fine waiting if you're not gonna dive into it right off, it'll likely be on sale (it was for Summer so it'll probably be for Winter too) or in another bundle.

Milamber

Anyone reccomend the newest settlers game?

No, get Settlers 2 Gold Edition or Settlers 4 instead.

Does anyone know if Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery will ever come back to Steam, or why it was removed in the first place?

Removed by Steam due to Ubi refusing to patch the Steam version. No idea if they will ever put it back.

Also, Ubi still refuses to add my disc version to my uPlay account.

Tizoc

Hey ya know what games SEGA actually released to PC in Japan?
Sakura Wars/Taisen series; there was a compliation release of Sakura Wars 1-4 released in 2006.

Deques

I think it has been there for a long time, at least since the first Android humble bundle?

They have an app in their homepage, but I haven't seen it in Play store before, not sure though

Anyway, who wants more bundles?
http://steamdb.info/sub/31794/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/31795/#section_apps

Indiegala Magicka Bundle it seems

Tier 2
  • Magicka: Support Robe
  • Magicka: Tank Robe
  • Magicka: Party Robes
  • Magicka: Frozen Lake
  • Magicka: The Watchtower
  • Magicka: Final Frontier
  • Magicka: Marshlands
  • Magicka: Nippon
  • Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit
  • Magicka: Vietnam

Tier 3
  • Magicka: Grimnir's Laboratory
  • Magicka: Tower of Niflheim
  • Magicka: Dungeons and Daemons
  • Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack
  • Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack
  • Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes
  • Magicka: Mega Villain Robes
  • Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin
  • Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack
  • Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack
  • Magicka: The Stars Are Left
  • Magicka: Gamer Bundle
  • Magicka: The Lonely Cruise

Tier 1 is probably the base game

Removed by Steam due to Ubi refusing to patch the Steam version. No idea if they will ever put it back.

I believe someone on the Steam forum managed to get the retail patch working on the Steam copy of the game anyway. There's literally no reason for Ubi not to patch the Steam version now. I guess they just don't care anymore.

Sajjaja

But at least you can play it at native res. ;)

Terraria sure, but Magicka is poorly optimized for laptops. It's funny cause I could run a game like Dishonored really well which was a multiplatform game but Paradox who pretty much only create PC games couldn't be bothered to optimize a game like Magicka. It really runs awful/sluggish. But then again I tried it a year or two ago so maybe they fixed it.

Ehhh. Kinda disappointed after hearing so many good thing about it, I'm not really digging mark of the ninja. I really like stealth games so I thought it'd be right up my alley, was glad to finally get a hold of it in the bundle but I don't know. The art style certainly isn't doing anything for me, and the play just seems so...meh? I don't think I'm a big fan of the level design. I don't know, maybe I need to spend more time with it, but I kind of want to jsut get the cards then never play again haha

Ehhh. Kinda disappointed after hearing so many good thing about it, I'm not really digging mark of the ninja. I really like stealth games so I thought it'd be right up my alley, was glad to finally get a hold of it in the bundle but I don't know. The art style certainly isn't doing anything for me, and the play just seems so...meh? I don't think I'm a big fan of the level design. I don't know, maybe I need to spend more time with it, but I kind of want to jsut get the cards then never play again haha

That's why you look at videos and reviews and make your opinion, don't follow blindly what people recommend over here, they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

Tellaerin

That's why you look at videos and reviews and make your opinion, don't follow blindly what people recommend over here, they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

I wouldn't say that. It's the same as following reviewers - you just have to remember who likes (and dislikes) the same games you do, and pay attention to their opinions when you're wondering whether or not you'll like something.

Well in this case, I didn't pay a significant amount anyway, just got it in the HiB, so it was more of a case of it just fell on my lap in this instance. I do normally look at a game closely before I buy it. In any case, I don't see the need for the animosity. I appreciate the advice, but I value the opinions of many here where I can look at their posts daily and contextualise their statements within their tastes, thresh holds for value etc. Much more than some random work for hire where the review means nothing to me regardless of score, or where I know there's (usually) no insidious MO. Anyway, I don't really like to get into this stuff with people, so if you have more to say about the actual game, I'm happy to discuss it, but I'd rather not engage in any more of that.

Zeknurn

Anyone reccomend the newest settlers game?

I really enjoyed it back when it came out because they went back to a more traditional Settlers game after the less than good 5 and 6. You can probably find it for cheap if you don't need it to be on Steam and at a low price it's a no-brainer if you're a fan of the series.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That giveaway is insane :|
Your awesome, anonymous random internet person!

Now for something completely different, is it just me or are the later levels of Rayman Legends harder then Origins? Some of those Invasion and 8-bit levels feel impossible. And I 100% completed Origins, almost twice. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On GamesOnly.at they say they will have the PC-version of GTA V in the shop form 7th june.

Placeholder?

http://www.gamesonly.at/Grand_Theft_Auto_5__GTA_V___uncut_Edition__PC_4715.html

Another retailer recently listed it with a March date. I'd take anything that pops up prior to a formal announcement with a grain of salt.

Games for Windows is just a certification program for games to adhere to, GFWL is the DRM.

It's a certification program in name only considering Microsoft is very lax in enforcing the rules. A game being GFW-certified is supposed to guarantee controller support, for example, but just look at Bio2.

Better than saorise.

tumblr_mt7e756xn11rxybsfo1_500.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Thanks for making that giveaway a 24 hour raffle, I was sleeping when it was posted so would have missed it otherwise! Steam-GAF is best GAF.

So La-Mulana. I haven't quite finished it yet, but I'm getting close enough that I thought I would drop a few thoughts for the sale period. Nothing new or original, but here you go:

Pros
- It is really addictive and provides that "just one more room" feeling because you want to see what comes next.
- The boss fights are (relative to the rest of the game) often quite amazing. Whilst they are difficult, you will often win "on the last strike" as you are
about to die which suggests great balance.
- The game is certainly lengthy, with good variety in the environments and lots of hidden treasures to find.
- Extra systems like the software, fairies and numerous sub-weapons keeps things fresh.

Cons
- I don't know how you are supposed to play it without the aid of a walkthrough. Seriously, it is nuts trying to work out where to go. You'll often throw a switch in one room which will open up a gateway in another area just because "reasons".
- To go with this, if you head out without the right items, or spend money on the wrong thing you can seriously screw yourself over...unless you get the help of a walkthrough.
- The combat is ok, but the platforming itself feels stiff and unresponsive especially compared to a more fluid game like Spelunky.
- Whilst the sub-weapons have variety, there doesn't seem to be a great reason not to use the axe for most of the game.

Overall? I think it is an amazing game. However I don't feel that it is necessarily a good game, if that makes sense. Since that probably wouldn't, I'll just
say that it is well worth a play, just be prepared to be reading along as you go and accept that even then it will not be understandable. Whilst the action is a mixture of good and bad points, there is still enough there to keep you engaged.

A buy. Or better yet, a win:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

La-Mulana -- MB-CDB2DD5A793CF365 - Taken by Maxwood

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for that semi-anonymous giveaway!

KISS2 bundle is up, nothing on Steam though, even Steam Warriors.
http://groupees.com/kiss2

All but Bloop are on Greenlight, though:

- International Snooker (previously included in: The Lunar Bundle)
- HyperSonic 4 (previously included in: Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 and Get Loaded: Indie Edition)
- Ampu-Tea (previously included in: Get Loaded: Indie Edition)
- Steam Heroes
- Shadows on the Vatican (previously included in: Build a Bundle 2 and Eclectic Delights)

It also runs pretty well for what it looks like.

I had no trouble maxing out the game with a GTX 570.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Tested out Sleeping Dogs for a short time just to kind of see it in action. Holy moly its beautiful. I knew people say it looked good, but wasn't quite expecting this:

EDIT: imgur kind of ruins these shots a bit, hmm...

Try www.abload.de

It's all in German, but it's not too hard to figure out what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom