• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, I came from a great Tomb Raider session and find myself with this amazing giveaway. Whoever you are, thank you.

Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself, but Modbot messed with one of the game names in a way that's significant and Stump isn't around to do anything about it. So! There are only two copies of Giana Sisters. One of the "three" is actually the upcoming DLC, "Rise of the Owlverlord". If you win that but don't own the base game, well...sorry. This may be standalone, so you could be in luck even if you don't own the base game...but I don't know for sure.

Sorry the list is a totally incomprehensible mess, too. I put it in alphabetical order because that way it might actually be possible to look for the game(s) you wanted and enter for them, but it appears that order isn't preserved. I can post the full list if somebody wants.

And yes, all of it is real. Nothing is Bad Rats. I might be "honorless" but I'm not an asshole. :p

EDIT: The Humble Weekly Sale is the Retro Shooters bundle, includes Hard Reset and System Shock 2. Thanks to gwynplaine for pointing it out.

EDIT EDIT: There is also only one copy of Rochard! The second one is the Hard Times DLC.
This is the second time I see you making such a huge giveaway. Thanks a lot, very honestly and really seriously.

At least this time you didn't have to send the codes to each one manually via email or PM (and of course, browsing through your inbox to see who asked for what), that must have been really annoying the last time :p

TheD

The Detective
Does anyone know if you can backup windows games that have a Linux version, restore them on Linux and have steam only download the different binaries and the like?

Tellaerin

I love that my Avatar was included. Perfect!

Ronon Dex...

image.php

Saoirse Ronan...

image.php

Hmmmmmm...

Grief.exe

Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs on sale for $13.99. Deal is only available for a little while longer, jump on it while you can.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFMKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Oh shit, I came from a great Tomb Raider session and find myself with this amazing giveaway. Whoever you are, thank you.

This is the second time I see you making such a huge giveaway. Thanks a lot, seriously.

Honoreless is the one to thank.

So now that SEGA Sammy owns Atlus, we're totally gonna see PC versions of Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games amirite?

...right?

I'd be down.

Playing SMT4 on my 3DS right now. Great game, first I've played in the franchise.

denx

So now that SEGA Sammy owns Atlus, we're totally gonna see PC versions of Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games amirite?

...right?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Honoreless is the one to thank.

Playing SMT4 on my 3DS right now. Great game, first I've played in the franchise.
Yeah, just saw her post. Normally I'd say I am surprised to see someone giving away so many games, but it's been a long time now since I learned about all the fantastic people that post (or lurk) here. Gifting stuff, writing recommendations or opinions about games, offering help, keeping up with the future releases or developments regarding DRM, making some good (or bad) jokes, posting some funny (or not) .gifs, and basically making GAF a better place one post at a time.

As Monk always says, this is an incredible community.

I mean as in group. Please don't move us to Community :(

Would you recommend grabbing SMT4 somewhere down the line? Is it similar to Etrian Odyssey IV? Because I own the latter, and while I really liked what little I played of it, I can't justify getting another game of the same genre until I'm done with that.

vote to give honorless the tag of "honorable in steamgaf"

my vote: yay
honorless
Selflessness
(Yesterday, 10:55 PM)

or, as she said before:

honorless
Assholelessness
(Yesterday, 10:55 PM)

...it's late, OK? I need to get some sleep, don't look at me like that.

Crayons

Banned

...right?

You might see some F2P pay2win games. Ask your friends on Facebook to raise your social links! Or pay $5.00

Grief.exe

Yeah, just saw her post. Normally I'd say I am surprised to see someone giving away so many games, but it's been a long time now since I learned about all the fantastic people that post (or lurk) here. Gifting stuff, writing recommendations or opinions about games, offering help, keeping up with the future releases or developments regarding DRM, making some good (or bad) jokes, posting some funny (or not) .gifs, and basically making GAF a better place one post at a time.

Would you recommend grabbing SMT4 somewhere down the line? Is it similar to Etrian Odyssey IV? Because I own the latter, and while I really liked what little I played of it, I can't justify getting another game of the same genre until I'm done with that.

Yes we have a great community here! We discussed it with Stump, and he agrees, moving this thread to community would be a detriment to the entire group.
What keeps this thread going is the new members who discover this thread and discuss games and the PC in general. Moving us to community would completely cut us off from new members.

I fully recommend SMT4, I don't really play JRPGs anymore and this one has me hooked.
Is ETIV more of a turn-based legend of grimrock? If so, you may want to hold off a bit to fight off genre fatigue, they probably have very similar battle systems.

It's different enough from EO4, it's not a first person dungeon crawl but it is still a JRPG. The combat system has more emphasis on taking advantage of enemy weaknesses. I think SMT IV is the better game and this is coming from someone who loves the Etrian Odyssey series.

Sajjaja

You're the best. I often hang onto hardware past its sell-by date and try to turn anything that passes through my hands into a gaming machine, so I take it oddly personally when people write PC gaming off as overpriced dick measuring contests. YOU ARE FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT.

<3 I think my laptop was past its sell date when I bought it rofl.

I was just talking to xenoflux in SteamGAF chat (which is a nice place, contrary to popular belief, come say hi) and was talking about what would happen when I get a new computer.

xenoflux suggested that I would probably get banned for posting hi rez screenshots because Stump would probably think I got hacked.

Hilarious xD

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I was just talking to xenoflux in SteamGAF chat (which is a nice place, contrary to popular belief, come say hi) and was talking about what would happen when I get a new computer.

xenoflux suggested that I would probably get banned for posting hi rez screenshots because Stump would probably think I got hacked.

Hilarious xD

Yeah, I'm always impressed. Most of the screenshots I see shared are graphical wankery (mine included), then I see one of your posts and it blows my mind.

I'm also jealous that you can actually play Dead Space. I still can't get it to run consistently.

Hilarious xD
I await the day that you post hi-res screenshots, maybe you'll get a new tag or something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes we have a great community here! We discussed it with Stump, and he agrees, moving this thread to community would be a detriment to the entire group.
What keeps this thread going is the new members who discover this thread and discuss games and the PC in general. Moving us to community would completely cut us off from new members.

I fully recommend SMT4, I don't really play JRPGs anymore and this one has me hooked.
Is ETIV more of a turn-based legend of grimrock? If so, you may want to hold off a bit to fight off genre fatigue, they probably have very similar battle systems.
It's great that Stump agrees. He's a smart guy (and I don't say this only because he provides us with free games through ModBot), and it's pretty obvious that he really cares for this comm..group.

Never played Grimrock, but EOIV is a first-person dungeon crawler, with turn-based fights. You have to keep track of your own dungeon (and overworld) maps, because the game only marks the floor over which you've traveled, but nothing else. It's pretty interesting, though I should play it more. Sadly I've forgotten about my 3DS lately, which is a shame because I need to continue playing MGS3 and start Ace Attorney Investigations in preparation for AA5.

It's different enough from EO4, it's not a first person dungeon crawl but it is still a JRPG. The combat system has more emphasis on taking advantage of enemy weaknesses. I think SMT IV is the better game and this is coming from someone who loves the Etrian Odyssey series.
This sounds great. I'm not a fan of JRPGs, but I liked the EOIV demo so much that I bought the full game on sale (can't shake off the things I've learned from Steam) and before I had finished it (here's where I made a mistake: I shouldn't even have started it in the first place, to keep the Real Steam Experience®)

Hilarious xD
Seriously dude, your tag is so awesome. Congrats on that!

BorntoPlay

Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself, but Modbot messed with one of the game names in a way that's significant and Stump isn't around to do anything about it. So! There are only two copies of Giana Sisters. One of the "three" is actually the upcoming DLC, "Rise of the Owlverlord". If you win that but don't own the base game, well...sorry. This may be standalone, so you could be in luck even if you don't own the base game...but I don't know for sure.

Sorry the list is a totally incomprehensible mess, too. I put it in alphabetical order because that way it might actually be possible to look for the game(s) you wanted and enter for them, but it appears that order isn't preserved. I can post the full list if somebody wants.

And yes, all of it is real. Nothing is Bad Rats. I might be "honorless" but I'm not an asshole. :p

EDIT: The Humble Weekly Sale is the Retro Shooters bundle, includes Hard Reset and System Shock 2. Thanks to gwynplaine for pointing it out.

EDIT EDIT: There is also only one copy of Rochard! The second one is the Hard Times DLC.

You are a man WITH honor... Thank you!!!

ss_lemonade

Shit, uh...

Wow, took a nap and woke up to this. Entered for a couple.

Insane giveaway, extremely generous of you!

Man, what an incredible giveaway. Best kind of tag fishing?

And GTAV is probably the best game I've played, the systems in place and attention to detail is absolutely absurd. The PC version is going to blow minds when it comes out, hell the console version is doing that to me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom