• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You just need to vote on one game. Vote, then submit your vote. Tomorrow, the databases should sync and your key should be available.

Then you could do it again and get both games! As long as you use another email address and register that mail address on both the terrible, terrible site and GMG.

I already have Civilization, so... bleh.
Thanks for this, but I want to vote on everything still. And I already have Civ V too, so I won't bother with another account.

I think I may have been spoiled on The Last of Us :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah mines a real patch...wish I knew what kind of shenanigans were going on, haha.

The keyboard controls really give the game an enjoyable QWOPish feel at times. I love when someone orders a salad with everything on it, just hammering out RCBOMG in one swift motion. Or meat lasagna PSMCR PSMCR PSCR. I'm a great touch typist, so I feel when I've made a mistake and instantly curse myself!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wow, a Capcom sale. Don't think i've seen this before. I want Devil May Cry 3 but I can get the HD trilogy on PS3 for ~$16. Hmm

The HD Remake for consoles is not only a better game, but has 1 2 and 3. I bought it on the 360 and I don't even want to touch the PC version tbh.

Definitely get DMC4 on the sale though. Price is good and the PC version os gorgeous.

This is what updated for me, if it helps:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Hotline Miami
Incognita
Mercenary Kings
Mortal Kombat
Rogue Legacy
Skullgirls
Skulls of the Shogun
Spelunky
System Shock 2

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Why do all these bundles and sales have to happen right when Pokemon Y is about to be released? At this rate I won't even have time to install the games I'm getting now before I can play Pokemon in 2 days.

I added you. My FC is is in the Google Doc.

EDIT: My battery died before it finished the request. I'll add you when I get home tonight.

thundr51

Anybody have any opinions on the Exceed collection or Ether Vapor Remaster? Thinking of picking these up but not sure...but I guess for the price...not much to lose.

being on a sopranos kick the past few weeks.. almost at the end... :(

best show ever

Really want to start another run through of the show but I continue to wait in the foolish hope that HBO will eventually release the rest of the show(ie, seasons 2-5) on blu-ray.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
This is what updated for me, if it helps:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Hotline Miami
Incognita
Mercenary Kings
Mortal Kombat
Rogue Legacy
Skullgirls
Skulls of the Shogun
Spelunky
System Shock 2

You can add:

Jamestown
Fez
Divekick
Really Big Sky
Edge
Rush
Toki Tori
Bioshock 2
Serious Sam Double D

If you can wait until tomorrow I'll pay the base-game and just get the costume DLC right now.

Your choice, dude.

Huh? Colonies edition works on Windows 8 (haven't tried the .1 minor update since the start "fix" isn't a fix, so fuck you MS) if you do the Dark Souls fix to fix GfWL.

I wish I had seen this post soon,er 3 others snapped up the other 3 gift copies left.

I will host another 4-pack if there is enough interest though, =D

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Yeah mines a real patch...wish I knew what kind of shenanigans were going on, haha.

TF2 is also a real patch:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added the Fall 2013 Acorns Crate Key
Added the Fall 2013 Gourd Crate Key
Automated craft bots can no longer craft high-value items (i.e., hats)
Fixed Nessie's Nine Iron missing gameplay description
Fixed exploit that allowed dead players to attack living players
Fixed disguised Blue team Spies showing blue health particles over their heads when disguised as the Red team
Fixed the Sandvich meter being drawn in the HUD when the Sandvich is not equipped
Fixed a bug that would cause some players to be unable to change their active item preset
Strange Part: Kills with a Taunt Attack can now be applied to Strange Knives and Fists
Strange Part: Kills While Explosive-Jumping and Strange Part: Posthumous Kills can now be applied to The Loose Cannon

Kammie

Not that I know of, no.
I'm voting on the GMG awards right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get a free copy of Mafia 2.
I'm trying to vote but I can't physically stomach having to pick between all these ridiculously lousy choices. It's just torture getting through it.

Edit: Oh god, it didn't save any of my votes. This is such a lousy site. I demand less work for my free game!

Edit 2: To tell the truth, the effort isn't even worth saving five bucks. Have to open an account on this gaming site, they'll spam me with crap, they somehow mined personal data from my Yahoo account and now the redemption process just says I haven't voted. Would rather just purchase the game. lol.

Anybody have any opinions on the Exceed collection or Ether Vapor Remaster? Thinking of picking these up but not sure...but I guess for the price...not much to lose.
I may not be the best to give you advise on this matter since I'm an absolute, hopeless STG fan (and there is something else, check my profile) but I played these games way before I was with Nyu Media.

Ether Vapor Remaster is a damn fine multi-perspective shmup. It supports the 360 pad alright, has pretty nice graphics for a doujin game and, certainly, it was a breath of fresh air due to how the camera takes part in the mechanics, featuring horizontal, vertical and even Panzer Dragoonesque sections. The game is heavily inspired by Thunder Force V and you can tell it by its weapon system. You have two main modes to choose from (Remaster and Story, the former playing the game in a seamless way without cutscenes) and then you can unlock some extra stuff.

Of the eXceed games, I love eXceed 3rd the most since it's the most polished, features one hell of a kickass metal OST and has a very nice scoring system focused on taking risks with grazing and mixing it with some mad up close and personal attacks. Easy mode IS easy and you even have an auto-bomb option (as well as several bomb pick ups and life extends through the game) so it's the most accessible of the lot.

eXceed 2nd features the polarity switching system popularized by Ikaruga so you can expect a lot of colour switching and crazy patterns. It's the longest of the lot and has dynamic difficulty (otherwise known as Rank) where you start on a certain rank and things get harder or easier depending on your performance. OR, you can also try to do "rank control" (by sacrificing a life) in order to get through rough spots. The game is also very generous with the special weapon and life extends.

eXceed Gun Bullet Children was the first and, obviously, most experimental of the lot. It's more inspired by Psyvariar 2 where you absolutely need to graze bullets in order to charge your special weapon as the bosses are ridiculously strong and hard. It's the most unforgiving of the lot, I'm not even kidding, Easy here is like eXceed rank on eXceed 2nd, jeez. STILL, may be worth a try due to the challenge. I managed to somehow clear this monster in one credit. On Easy of course, no shame. (Story can be read here: http://exceedseries.com/)

All the games have cards btw :p

So, yeah, Ether Vapor Remaster gets a big yes from me. Did you guys even check the spiritual successor, Astebreed? That shit is sick, man. Mechatastic!

Sajjaja

It's more the crashing on startup if I don't skip the logos
Graphics options disappearing
Some of the worst voiceacting I've heard since the 90s

That have been disappointing me so far, the voice acting is seriously dreadful

Voice acting isn't THAT bad. The main characters do a good job in my opinion. But as for the graphics/crashing, idk, probably a shotty PC port. I have it on PS3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
*wakes up*
N8VhWF9.png

*sees breakfast*
sYxrAWs.png

ztUtd1j.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I added you. My FC is is in the Google Doc.

EDIT: My battery died before it finished the request. I'll add you when I get home tonight.
Could you send me a PM instead? Searching that spreadsheet is kinda a pain in the ass :p

I'm trying to vote but I can't physically stomach having to pick between all these ridiculously lousy choices. It's just torture getting through it.

Edit: Oh god, it didn't save any of my votes. This is such a lousy site. I demand less work for my free game!

Edit 2: To tell the truth, the effort isn't even worth saving five bucks. Have to open an account on this gaming site, they'll spam me with crap, they somehow mined personal data from my Yahoo account and now the redemption process just says I haven't voted. Would rather just purchase the game. lol.
I'm gonna wait 24 hours to see if it registered my votes. If not, I won't bother anymore. It's not like I'm desperate to play Mafia 2.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Thanks to jakershaker for Ether Vapor Remaster!

I am going to go ahead and say I don't think the massive amounts of non-updates are anything meaningful; mine included demos and the Divinity: Dragon Master beta.

Also, I am trying to earn $5 in card money to grab the Bionic Commando pack. I am up to $3.45 from $1.30 earlier today. Huzzah free games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
About the 0kb patches:

Bunch of 0kb patches /3 = Half-Life 3 confirmed!

(Am I doing that meme right?)

@Elratauru: Well, that'd be two for Cuban rebuying a four pack. Would just need one more or another for Cuban to buy it.

This is too much frustration for a copy of Mafia II, I think. Now CVG works, but GMG doesn't.

If CVG works, you're fine. Provided you went there after Greenman. Just wait an hour or two and then try again.

Bunch of 0kb patches /3 = Half-Life 3 confirmed!

(Am I doing that meme right?)

@Elratauru: Well, that'd be two for Cuban rebuying a four pack. Would just need one more or another for Cuban to buy it.
I'm looking to get 1 copy of a SSFIVAE 4 pack, so If anyone is doing one, please say so! I'd love to join. I could probably pay tomorrow though, it's kinda late where I am and I work early though.

Leaving my profile here just in case, feel free to add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/elratauru‎
Ok, we got 2 for a SSF4AE 4-pack! 2 more would be nice, but just 1 more and I'll buy a 4-pack!

TheSeks

Provided I went there after Greenman?

Greenman will say you didn't vote. If you went there after that you're fine. Even if you didn't you should be fine. What I'm saying is: Did you go there to redeem your Mafia/Civ choice and then try to get through? Because if you did and it timed-out or something after saying you didn't vote: You're fine. If you didn't get that confirm screen saying you haven't voted, go retry in an hour to get through and it should let you through after people stop trying. Then you have to wait 24 hours for them to send you a code after that point.

mrgone

Greenman will say you didn't vote. If you went there after that you're fine. Even if you didn't you should be fine. What I'm saying is: Did you go there to redeem your Mafia/Civ choice and then try to get through? Because if you did and it timed-out or something after saying you didn't vote: You're fine. If you didn't get that confirm screen saying you haven't voted, go retry in an hour to get through and it should let you through after people stop trying. Then you have to wait 24 hours for them to send you a code after that point.

The error's occuring on GreenManGaming after I click the link on CVG to claim a free game. I fill in the email I used on CVG and my GMG account information and get an "Ooops. It seems there was a problem." page that just says to fill out the form again (and repeat). I'll give it another shot in an hour or so when something might've been fixed and the anger's rolled through hate and suffering back into calm. :)

didamangi

The error's occuring on GreenManGaming after I click the link on CVG to claim a free game. I fill in the email I used on CVG and my GMG account information and get an "Ooops. It seems there was a problem." page that just says to fill out the form again (and repeat). I'll give it another shot in an hour or so when something might've been fixed and the anger's rolled through hate and suffering back into calm. :)

The email you used on CVG must be the same as your GMG email.

TheSeks

Wait, getting SSFIVAE + the All In Costume Pack ($11.24) is actually cheaper than getting the Complete Pack ($11.99).

What o_O

If you get the four pack, yes. Cuban needs two more people to say they want to go that route.

mannerbot

If you get the four pack, yes. Cuban needs two more people to say they want to go that route.

Nah, 4-pack price + all-in costume pack is $9.36. Just getting an individual copy of the game + all-in costume pack is what Madrugador is talking about, and yeah, it's probably a decent chunk of free money for Capcom from people that don't know better.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Just in case anyone missed the Origin Humble Bundle, here are some freebies.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this.
giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Crysis 2 -- MB-3501D463D5963178 - Taken by Horsemama1956
Dead Space -- MB-B30AE7CDE72FB658

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Could you send me a PM instead? Searching that spreadsheet is kinda a pain in the ass :p

PM sent!

I'm also trying and failing to get a free copy of Civ V. I'm caught in a loop of GMG telling me I haven't voted, then CVG telling me thanks for voting. Very frustrating.

PM sent!

I'm also trying and failing to get a free copy of Civ V. I'm caught in a loop of GMG telling me I haven't voted, then CVG telling me thanks for voting. Very frustrating.
You really do have to wait at least a day to get your key. After about 24 hours you click the link you've been sent again and you get your key.

jediyoshi

PM sent!

Please note that from the time you submit your votes it may take up to 48 hours to receive your free game, but this is covered in all the T&C jargon here if you want to read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom